Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Servo2000
    • Oct 2006

I'm with Fuuma - I don't really see too many people ripping him off. Lots of people mirror his consistent large top / shrink-wrapped bottom silhouette but that's hardly anything new and few do so with as intense layering on the torso or by mixing multiple jackets as Les does fairly frequently.
    WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
      I'm with Fuuma - I don't really see too many people ripping him off. Lots of people mirror his consistent large top / shrink-wrapped bottom silhouette but that's hardly anything new and few do so with as intense layering on the torso or by mixing multiple jackets as Les does fairly frequently.
      Some random designer (think it was Calvin Klein) said you should always remove one thing before going out (in the sense of having less clutter in your outfit) and I tend to follow that. Can the two schools exist together or is it time for some fisticuffs?

BTW lots of people dress similar to Les but I'm not sure they're really copying it as the look has been around for a while and is very "runway" I guess.
      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Servo2000
        • Oct 2006

If I had to remove even one thing before I went out I'd surely die of exposure.
        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• baby
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
          Some random designer (think it was Calvin Klein) said you should always remove one thing before going out (in the sense of having less clutter in your outfit) and I tend to follow that. Can the two schools exist together or is it time for some fisticuffs?

BTW lots of people dress similar to Les but I'm not sure they're really copying it as the look has been around for a while and is very "runway" I guess.
          yeah as i mentioned in the post that started all this: pleanty of us have similar taste. and as the scope of this site is pretty narrow theres bound to be some over-lap with the steez and its fashion so being heavily influenced by wtv is pretty natural. that's perfectly fine. but there's a line when it just sortah becomes creepy and the clothes lose their meaning. like the augustas that are the exact same as the ccps. or if faust grew a p-nod pony tail and starting wearing pilot goggles and nirvana converse. but i like snafu i just thought that look in particular took it a bit too far which he agreed with. so lets just drop it okay fade to black. look fade to black i dont want to hear it. just drop it okay. you too chant.
          Originally posted by pipcleo
          if i see a black man fall on the street i stop and help him up

Comment

• joey_k
            • Sep 2007

slab
            geller
            yohji
            n(n)
            cdg
            http://www.josephkeefer.com
            http://www.theghstsofny.com

Comment

• kubie
              • Jul 2008

that pic's juz simply amazing, merz. And lovely FS scarf.
              FS: http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5939
              FS: http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5988

Comment

• Chim
                • Dec 2006

yeah great pic merz - your photography game is upping the thread. What equipment do you shoot on?

Comment

• maldoror
                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by merz

there will be a couple more later.
                  good god. inspiration station. I'm def finding the time to post a new waywt by the week's end.

Comment

• noerml
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by merz

there will be a couple more later.

clutter that Picture with some Kanji and it could indeed be a japanese commercial for... hmm..teebags?
                    meant as a compliment in a way. the picture is really good..just a wee tiny tack to kitchy for me.

funny how some of those dried leaves look like buds thru the bluryness *lol*
                    And through their parting lids there came and went
                    Keen glimpses of the inner firmament

Comment

• Fade to Black
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by baby View Post
                      yeah as i mentioned in the post that started all this: pleanty of us have similar taste. and as the scope of this site is pretty narrow theres bound to be some over-lap with the steez and its fashion so being heavily influenced by wtv is pretty natural. that's perfectly fine. but there's a line when it just sortah becomes creepy and the clothes lose their meaning. like the augustas that are the exact same as the ccps. or if faust grew a p-nod pony tail and starting wearing pilot goggles and nirvana converse. but i like snafu i just thought that look in particular took it a bit too far which he agreed with. so lets just drop it okay fade to black. look fade to black i dont want to hear it. just drop it okay. you too chant.
                      lol you should post more
                      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by baby View Post
                        lmao.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• maldoror
                          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by noerml View Post
                          clutter that Picture with some Kanji and it could indeed be a japanese commercial for... hmm..teebags?
                          meant as a compliment in a way. the picture is really good..just a wee tiny tack to kitchy for me.
                          thought that was kind of the point. with his last two posts, merz has perected conceptual waywt, pictures telling fictions, largely that of implied advertising narratives. be it the equally emo & j.g. ballard watch/car ad in the last one, or a japanese tea bag campaign in this one. it's a step in a new, fantastic(al) direction for all our day-to-day-to-day samesameness. I said "later this week" because I need some conceptual development time. brainstorm sesh/martini lunch in 0300 hrs see ya there K?

Comment

• baby
                            • Aug 2008

its a sarti right?
                            eitherway yeah the scarf looks sharp.
                            Originally posted by pipcleo
                            if i see a black man fall on the street i stop and help him up

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                              • Nov 2007

we now have a three-way tie in the lips contest between kira, mona, and merz
                              LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                                I bought a new TB suit to add to the ones I own. I'd almost feel ashamed to do that considering the current situation but I was feeling somewhat down this week and decided to fill the chasm in my heart through empty consumerism. No RSG for me I guess.
                                look forward to seeing it, and i hope you got it on heavy sale, which usually translates to something affordable for a suit-- around 1700 dollars...
                                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎