• Sep 2007

bet his name in real life is Andy
    Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
      Hey I've met him; it's true.
      i don't doubt it for one second that's why your comment struck me as so brilliant
      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
        i don't doubt it for one second that's why your comment struck me as so brilliant
        Haha well Demeulemeester is one of the designers that conjures the most evocative image in terms of who will really fall for her designs, not so muc regarding their look as their mindset.
        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

Haha well Demeulemeester is one of the designers that conjures the most evocative image in terms of who will really fall for her designs, not so muc regarding their look as their mindset.
          yeah I respect Ann for that....the designers whose work I admire most appeal seemingly more to the cerebral than purely the visual when connecting with their audience. lifestyle synergy > brand synergy any week of the day.

baby and skecr8r_l8r are the exact types of personalities I wish I was acquainted with in real life.
          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
            • Jan 2008

Interesting is that his "foul Mouth" and "lazy, I don't give a fuck" - Style Philosophy, is nowhere to be found in Demeulemeester.

Also, again, shades and nuances in colour is important to consider!
            Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
            Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Fuuma
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BECOMING-INTENSE View Post
              Interesting is that his "foul Mouth" and "lazy, I don't give a fuck" - Style Philosophy, is nowhere to be found in Demeulemeester.
              And everywhere to be found in her references. Not that "baby" or anyone else has only one dimension...
              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                yeah I respect Ann for that....the designers whose work I admire most appeal seemingly more to the cerebral than purely the visual when connecting with their audience. lifestyle synergy > brand synergy any week of the day.

baby and skecr8r_l8r are the exact types of personalities I wish I was acquainted with in real life.
                Ironically, our baby is in for purely the visual and not the cerebral aspects of her work.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
                  • Sep 2008

I dunno, approaching design from a strictly intellectual or supposedly 'meaningful' angle I think is missing the exact nuances you mention, often times which are best summed up in the most crude and base. foul mouth and lazy, I don't give a fuck does sum up what some of the languid all over tailoring of Ann could represent, in one interpretation. Not everything has to be poetic and white horses.

Going again back to my personal favorite, Yohji...what is there to appreciate in the poetic beauty, graceful movement, architectural devotion to his craftsmanship...at the end of the day they're clothes that connect to people who appreciate things as they are in their current state without feeling a need to impose, explain or attain any higher ideal than what is now. To me, Yohji's clothes speak more to an aimless, childlike and oblivious drifter content in his lightness rather than a brainy heavy trying to project some kind of image of mystery and darkness.

and that's how i interpret fashion in general...trying to dress up the clothes to resemble some perfectly choreographed runway act is painfully missing the point. It's one thing about the clothes when they are shown in a setting with a deliberate purpose of garnering visibility, altogether another when they are captured in the life of the individual, which is far too complex and layered in their variances and trajectories to boil it down to something like "the perfect Yohji look" which comes across to me as a gross misinterpretation.
                  www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Fade to Black
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Ironically, our baby is in for purely the visual and not the cerebral aspects of her work.
                    on some extent though, the seeming recklessness and irreverence in baby's expression...to me that reflects something about youth, which should be about freedom, movement, etc blah blah if put in more serious terms. I think that the two are different, but not altogether mutually exclusive. In living the visual to obvious effect, i think he's (whether knowingly or not, idk if its important) managed to capture some of that spirit.

I think this argument would be more convincing if it was Hedi S. or Rick O. instead of Ann...
                    www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

please, he's just a little bitch who likes acting on the internet (and he knows i say it with love). BTW, Ann is not really fascinated with youth (as you may have gathered from her last men's show) - she really works from her life, and she is not young. These days she is interested in maturity. You know she has a picture of Leonard Cohen in her office, and she thinks he is beautiful.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

Alright, i concede my argument as I haven't looked into Ann and her archives very deeply except for recent shows and what I see in stores. Yeah the majority of her latest presentation was focused on the beauty of age....interestingly enough, Ann's work has struck much more of a nerve in relating to the younger fashion consuming crowd in their teens/20s than Yohji's work has. On the forums, lookbook, etc. it's not uncommon to see someone young appreciating and wearing Ann's work extensively, less so with Yohji. I don't really see one as being particularly more 'mature' in their overall vision than the other - they are probably on the same level of mastery as far as the fashion world goes.

but blah - at the end of the day - everything looks better on older people. they don't care any more.
                        www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

True about Ann staying relevant with the new gen. I accept full responsibility for that.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                            • Jan 2008

And everywhere to be found in her references. Not that "baby" or anyone else has only one dimension...
                            Not at all, and at least three dimensions was mentioned ...

Anyways, it's more this way of thinking of Demeulumeester, which
                            is a reducibility, quite similar to that found in Psychoanalysis!
                            Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                            Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Not at all, and at least three dimensions was mentioned ...

Anyways, it's more this way of thinking of Demeulumeester, which
                              is a reducibility, quite similar to that found in Psychoanalysis!
                              Instead of hermeneutics, we need the erotics of art!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chant
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Instead of hermeneutics, we need the erotics of art!
                                Originally posted by Faust
                                These days she is interested in maturity. You know she has a picture of Leonard Cohen in her office, and she thinks he is beautiful.
                                She likes her too.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎