Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBSCCP
    • Feb 2010

since any invention won´t satisfy everybody just leave it as it is, Faust, but charge whatever you want from the pro resellers..

Comment

• AKA*NYC
      • Nov 2007

i think it's reasonable. an individual should be fairly acclimated to the forum and familiar with the protocols by the time he reaches 100 posts. the honor system should suffice with minimal intervention from the mods as long as every once in a while someone is tarred and feathered nakata style to keep the rest of us in line. seriously though it all sounds good to me.
      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

^death of zboss
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
          • Jan 2007

On a completely unrelated note, would it be possible to add a plea to the sticky that sellers don't remove pictures and measurements once they've sold an item? Classifieds are a good resource when looking for those, so it's a bummer when the information gets removed.
          Originally posted by jogu
          i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• ironman
            • Apr 2008

well if you need the photos you could always PM the person

if it's a matter of proof for like measurements if you were the buyer, i think the admins have the ability to see previous edits

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

aka - are you saying that faust's proposed 1% fee is reasonable or that the classifieds operation is reasonable as it is now and to leave it alone as BBSCCP suggested? just curious...

all i can say is that i have a bad feeling about charging to use the classifieds. its hard to articulate but for one thing, if i have a $1000 item, i know i'm giving you $10, so now i have a $1010 item. doesn't change a single thing about the integrity of the classifieds (which is what started this whole thing) except to do the following
              1. raise the price
              2. eliminates the "hey i got a great deal on this but it doesn't fit, let me know if u want it before i return it" threads and the IC threads, and the freedom to change one's mind.
              3. turns you into more of a cop and less of a peer
              4. seems like a ton of work for the mods with fees for each item etc.

since raising money for faust and the forum is the secondary goal here ("monetizing the classifieds" is just the proposed means of doing so) then i'd like to hear other ideas as well. donations probably won't work unless there is something being donated for and a record of what has been donated. for example, some sites have something like this: it takes $x to keep the forum going, we need $x to reach our goal for the month, etc. (but include a little $$ for you in that sum).

btw faust it was me that mentioned ebay, which may have been a little off since they charge 9% i think. i'll concede that was a stretch, but not necessarily nonsense, as i didn't know your fee would be 1%. and you get much more exposure on ebay. part of the vibe of the classifieds was about community. if it is going to be a paid service, rather than a privilege of being a contributing member of the forum, then perhaps it makes sense to pay a little more for huge exposure when you know its going to pop up here in the good finds thread anyway?

but lets assume ebay is nonsense. no doubt that many sale threads will make their way to sufu. one consideration here is that much of what brings new people to the forum is the classifieds. people find sz on a google search for ccp or something, browse around a bit and see the classifieds and holy shit. so they join. many times they just lurk and shop, which is lame. but other times you end up with a great new member. i for one would like the forum to grow, in quality and quantity. the moderation system currently in place does a great job of weeding out the lame. i say keep it as it us. something about charging for the classifieds is just unattractive.

and we keep talking about this pestilence of professional re-sellers. how many are there? 1?
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

cjbreed, the 100 post rule will stand. not sure what to say about your comment that an additional $10 on a $1k item is a problem.

about IC - 90% of the time is a ploy by the seller to get the highest price possible.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
                  • Feb 2009

its not a problem. its very little money. i'll gladly pay it if it happens. i'm trying to express (poorly) that it doesn't accomplish anything towards the original goal and it just doesn't feel right. at least not yet. sometimes little decisions have big consequences

i thought IC was for when you weren't sure if u wanted to sell it yet.
                  Last edited by cjbreed; 06-18-2010, 05:44 PM.
                  dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• ironman
                    • Apr 2008

by saying it's an interest check only, it gives the buyer the impression you are in no rush to sell it. therefore it somewhat eliminates low-ball offers

you also don't have to list an asking price, and in that sense you would get the highest price possible as someone may offer you more money than you would want for it

Comment

• BBSCCP
                      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                      its not a problem. its very little money. i'll gladly pay it if it happens. i'm trying to express (poorly) that it doesn't accomplish anything towards the original goal and it just doesn't feel right. at least not yet. i. sometimes little decisions have big consequences

i thought IC was for when you weren't sure if u wanted to sell it yet.
                      not sure it the following was mentioned here before, BUT a 1 % fee charge won´t result in ppl. like nakata (I personally have no problem with his method) stopping from selling his goods here... 1 % is not much, so that´s why I suggested: leave the folk, let the gentry bleed...

Besides, what cjbreed mentioned about the acquisition / effect of the Classifieds should not be ignored. I also found my way to this forum due to the interest in the Classifieds - and I guess many others did the same...

last side note: IF you really want a democratic decision, just make a poll if the software allows that or start a poll thread...
                      Last edited by BBSCCP; 06-18-2010, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I'll make the poll. I must say, I find it quite hypocritical that while SZ has saved tens of thousands of dollars in Ebay fees to members, you balk at a 1% fee.
                        Besides, some revenue would be reinvested back into SZ, like better servers, bandwidth, etc.

And a note about Superfture, cjbreed. I don't know how long you've been around on the forums, but without SZ, there would be none of these items on SF classifieds, nor there would be a SF Fashion forum, no would anyone there know who Poell is. Before SZ, Superfuture was by and large a jeans/tshirt/sneakers phenomenon. This is not to belittle SF, just to let you know where the influence comes from.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nakata
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2009

Hi Faust and all members. i don't really care about paying 1% fees for what i got sold. Just blame it on me all you guys (instead not only me, i've known a lot of members who put their items (which they got it at a good deal) for sale or help another members to order to make profit or commission??? Don't tell me nobody here has done that???..... tell it truth). i don't say that some of my items that i can't make some profits on them. But please look back. Beside that, i have a lot of items which i sold them for less than what i paid.

For ex: + i've sold 2 pair of Carpe Diem boots which i paid over $950, and ended up i sold them for only around $550. CCP twisted jeans which i paid $1000 to A. ended up i sold them for only $550 shipped........

- m.a+ leather shirt. i paid over 95000 yen. ended up i sold it for only $900 shipped.

- Rick oiled calf skin mollino and high collar leather jackets 09AW. i paid over at the retail price. ended up i sold them for around only $1500 shipped (which you guys can't find them in like new condition at that price)

-Etc.........

+ and i've sold some items to members here or on Sufu which are much cheaper than wherever you can get, even on classifieds. Just ask some of my buyers. After that, the buyers re-sell them for more than what they paid to me. But the price's still cheap.

+ Even Julius black lamb rider leather jacket i've been selling. i bought it at the good price, because one member here pm'd me and asked me to find one for him. i found it from a friend (who's manager at clothes store in Tokyo) when i was there. i paid for it first + tax. Ended up, he didn't want it anymore. then i have to keep it and put it for sale. But look at my current asking price, it's only $1400 shipped. and how much ppl here were selling it? $1750 + shipping fee+ pp fees?

+ Etc............. Again, i don't mind to pay the fees for whatever you get sold on classifieds.

Also, i'd like to recommend that all the members have to pay $10-$50 fee in every single year, to make SZ more popular and as the privacy place for those who like to enjoy SZ and want to be a SZ member. Just my opinion.
                          Last edited by nakata; 06-18-2010, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                            • Nov 2006

This will kill the classifieds any way you cut it...

free market
                            please! if you want my money charge me a membership fee

Comment

• morsto
                              • Nov 2008

Personally I would appreciate a membership fee. My hope is that this would remove some of the really annoying (new) posters who seem to be flooding the gates lately.
                              edit: thus I vote no for the 1% fee. I would very much prefer the membership fee.
                              I do not recognise the vessel,
                              but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• nakata
                                Banned
                                • Oct 2009

Nah Andrew! i didn't mean that to recommend that and cut back SZ members. it's just my opinion. They all blame it on me. Although, i've seen a lot of members here to put some of their items for sale (not the good price at all) in classifieds more than what they paid. i know a lot of you guys know that for sure. if i see another members put their stuff up for sale and i think that the good prices, i'd like to buy it right away. Because i know i need it and can't find it where else at that price on that time. i don't even care where they got those and how much they paid for those (sometime, i know that they just got those stuff from another members here or there, ebay or Y!, on-sale price at the stores. and the asking price for those stuf which more than what they paid). Or even, a lot of members to help the stores to sell some stuff on classifieds to get commission or what. who know what exactly they can have it after they help the stores to get the stuff sold on classifieds. for fun? for friend?...........

+i can tell i'm one of members here to think about friends. You guys can ask birdytg about it and some another members. when i put IS leather jacket for sale, my asking price were $1800. birdytg said that he take it at his offer price. but after that he couldn't send the payment at that time . then loveless contacted to me. he said that he will take it more than $400 - $500 the price i asked to birdytg. But i didn't accept that. i kept it and waited for birdytg. ended up i sold the jacket to birdytg less than $400 - $500 + gift IS shirt (i could even get $400-$500 more if i sold it to loveless).

+ sometimes, i also shipped my items to the buyers before i received the final payment. you guys can ask tc99m or another members.

p.s i also vote for the membership fee.
                                Last edited by nakata; 06-18-2010, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎