Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • croatoan
    • Jul 2007

A bit of both, probably. I went on short tour with them and Chie Mukai last year but only participated in one Maher show during it.

Bought my ticket tonight at Uramado for the show on Tuesday. Can't wait! Finally my first time to see Haino.

Comment

• chameleon
      • Jun 2008

Wow, gotta be lots of fun to play with MSHB.

Wanted give Kenji Haino a try for a while, seeing his named mentioned a few times here and there, but never knew where to start. Have you got any recommendations of essential recordings to seek out? I'm so envious you get to go to this event.

Comment

• croatoan
        • Jul 2007

He does quite a lot of different things, so it kind of depends on what you are into. In general, though, most people I think are into his noisy psychedelic playing. For that, I recommend Fushitsusha's double live album (1st) on PSF. His first solo album (Watashi Dake) is also great. For a different side, his band Vajra is really interesting; him on guitar and occasional vocals, long-playing free jazz drummer Toshi, and the rather extreme folk stylings of Kan Mikami. All improvised folk intensity.

Comment

• chameleon
          • Jun 2008

Awesome. Thanks a bunch. Will definitely check it out.

Comment

• polishmike
            • Jan 2007

Warp20 in nyc:

Sept. 3-6, 2009
            WARP20 NYC: TWO DECADES OF WARP RECORDS
            WARP FILMS RETROSPECTIVE
            FREE AND CONTINUOUS SCREENINGS
            Co-presented with Warp Records, Warp20 NYC is the second and only U.S. installment in a series of worldwide events taking place this year in Paris, Tokyo, London, and Sheffield. The Warp Films Retrospective will offer free and continuous screenings of full-length features, music videos, and shorts released by Warp Films, and is produced in collaboration with The New Museum.
            The New Museum 235 Bowery, at Prince Street

Sept. 5, 2009
            CHRIS CLARK
            HUDSON MOHAWKE
            WARP DJS TBA
            (A FREE CONCERT!)
            Doors open at 8pm, show at 9pm.
            The Winter Garden At the World Financial Center
            WARP20 NYC CLOSING PARTY
            WITH NEW WARP SIGNINGS AND DJS TBA
            Doors open and show at 11pm.
            Le Poisson Rouge 158 Bleecker Street

Comment

• chameleon
              • Jun 2008

general recommendation, while we're sort of on the subject of music events in Tokyo (or NYC for that matter) - Hauschka is playing two shows in two weeks in Tokyo. One at the Hara museum, and one somewhere in Ueno. I'd love to go to one, or both.

He's also playing in NYC in mid-october. Ferndorf was one of my favorite releases of last year so I wanna encourage people to go see, and support, this man!

Comment

• Sergei_S
                • Jan 2008

Hey Londoners

Im going to London next week 16/09/09 till 20/09/09. I appreciate if anyone can reccomend some good parties or gigs please.

Hey Snafu, I hope I'll meet you this time ))
                I got weapons

Comment

• .thejass.
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by rorschach View Post
                  not sure if this has been mentioned already in this thread (or elsewhere) but Sunnn O))) returns in september with Earth, Pelican, and some other Southern Lord acts at the masonic temple in Fort Greene. I regretably missed their show in October at the knitting factory so i'm quite excited about this.. Anyone else here going?
                  this will be my 5th Sunn O))) experience:
                  i've always wondered who exactly made their cloaks?
                  http://soundcloud.com/thejass

Comment

• mrbeuys
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by .thejass. View Post
                    this will be my 5th Sunn O))) experience:
                    Sunn O))) is amazing live, aural assault.

In other news, just got back from the private view of Rick Owens' furniture exhibition here in London. It's... ok from a sculpture point of view, love the sofas as actual furniture, but at 22 grand a bit dear.
                    Rick and Michelle were there, lovely affair altogether. Worth having a look at if you are in the area, 19 Bruton Place.
                    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• mamaboy
                      • Mar 2008

jurgen teller signing books on fri 11 AT dashwood bookstore (nice foto bookstore by the way) .... u can see his puffy alcoholic face
                      but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• Vanna
                        • May 2008

Open house at the Kennedy center in DC this weekend. Just get off at the Foggy Bottom metro stop (Yes, its really called Foggy Bottom) and take the Kennedy center shuttle to the venue. Live musical performances, ballet, opera etc. Excited to go.
                        Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• droogist
                          • Sep 2006

La Cellule d'Intervention Metamkine (http://metamkine.free.fr) will be playing in New York on September 18 at 8pm, at the FIAF, Florence Gould Hall, 55 East 59th Street.

If you are in New York, by any and all means, go and see this. I saw them about 14 years ago, and it remains one of the most remarkable things I've ever witnessed.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Got tickets to see Cate Blanchett in Streetcar named Desire at BAM. So psyched!
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• klangspiel
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by droogist View Post
                              La Cellule d'Intervention Metamkine (http://metamkine.free.fr) will be playing in New York on September 18 at 8pm, at the FIAF, Florence Gould Hall, 55 East 59th Street.
                              hopefully it isn't too late to second this recommendation. i saw them about 2-3 years ago and they were astounding. certainly one of the more original outfits going at the moment. very effective and beautiful their improvised co-mingling of sensibilities that draw from expanded cinema (ala the london filmmakers' co-op), the organic materiality of film (ala brakhage), and electro-acoustic / musique concrete.

not to take anything away from the other guys in the group but jerome noetinger with the tape machine is a force unto himself. the way he moves and handles the machine / instrument is as good as watching the hands of a masterly artisanal craftsman at work. i don't know how much of the way he works the machine one'd get to see at a usually pitch-dark or dimmed metamkine performance but if he does a solo gig somewhere, don't miss out.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                                • Nov 2007

some familiar faces laying down the molten heat tonight:

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎