Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • droogist
    • Sep 2006

^ I am nearly but not quite as stupid as you think. The first time around I failed to notice that "exhibitions" in the menu switched to "current" on mouseover and only saw "future" and "past"...have since figured it out, thanks.

Comment

• CDG Diffusion Line
      • Dec 2008

Kuniyasu Sakaizawa's exhibition begins on Sept 8th @ A-Things

A-Things: http://www.a-things.com/

Peter Feigenbaum's Trainset Ghetto on Sept 4th @ Open Source

Summary: http://www.artcat.com/exhibits/11887

Comment

• david s
        • Jul 2010

photo festivals : visa (perpignan) + rencontres d'arles

I guess these could be interpreted as "art" shows.

The Arles show good, definitely more on the art side, worth a day trip if you're in the area. Entrance runs €7 - €26 for a day pass. Check out the Ernst Haas venue. Lots of good video installations in one of Arles ends on 19 sep.

Visa pour l'Image, I think is the better festival and it's free. Excellent retrospectives of Klein and William Albert Allard. That one ends on the 12 sep.
        It's absolutely Hedious!
        shy poser

Comment

• treasurehoard
          • Dec 2009

LACMA

It's possible that the page you were looking for has moved to a new location on our website. You can try using the search bar to find what you were looking for. Or please visit one of the suggested pages below...

Fashioning Fashion: European Dress in Detail, 1700-1915

October 2, 2010–April 3, 2011

Celebrating the museum's recent groundbreaking acquisition of a major collection of European men's, women's, and children's garments and accessories, Fashioning Fashion: European Dress in Detail, 1700-1915 will present a selection to the public for the first time. The exhibition will tell the story of fashion's aesthetic and technical development from the Age of Enlightenment to World War I. It will examine the sweeping changes that occurred in fashionable dress spanning a period of over two hundred years, with a fascinating look at the details of luxurious textiles, exacting tailoring techniques, and lush trimmings. Highlights will include an eighteenth-century man's vest intricately embroidered with powerful symbolic messages relevant to the French Revolution; an evening mantle with silk embroidery, glass beads, and ostrich feathers designed by French couturier Émile Pingat (active 1860-96); and spectacular three-piece suits and gowns worn at the royal courts of Europe. The exhibition is curated by Sharon Takeda, Senior Curator and department head, and Kaye Spilker, Curator, LACMA's Costume and Textiles department.
          Looking forward to this exhibit.

Comment

• laughed
            • Jul 2009

anyone go to the Dan colen?

Comment

• endersgame
              • Aug 2009

sz shutterbugs might be interested in the Lee Friedlander show at the Whitney entitled America by Car. Friedlander is one of the OG's of modern American photography and when you've done it all, you go back and revisit familiar subjects- in a late model Subaru...

self portrait, 1966

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

Friedlander is great. Wish I could go.
                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• endersgame
                  • Aug 2009

^^ i just saw this. pretty impressive there are 192 pictures taken over a span of 15 years. some of it could have been edited down. a couple were gorgeous scenes. the printing was ok...

but this was the highlight today at the Whitney...
                  video by yours truly..

Comment

• endersgame
                    • Aug 2009

i'm not saying this is a must see, but i would go to check it out of curiosity..

charlie scheips, the former worldwide director of philips de pury is curating a Hockney show of his latest work-paintings made with his iphone and ipad.

i'm just wondering how much they are going to price these 960x640 jpegs. free iphone with purchase i hope..

DAVID HOCKNEY: FLEURS FRAÃŽCHES
                    On view at Fondation Pierre Bergé, Paris from the 20th of October 2010
                    to the 30th of January 2011

Comment

• Fade to Black
                      • Sep 2008

hah, i have a dream of someday peddling my cell phone pics, pardon the vanity but there's a few i've been told are sellable . probably only possible after 'making it'
                      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Servo2000
                        • Oct 2006

I had a fair bit of a photo project completed using a cellphone once which I then proceeded to lose.
                        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Carpe Noctem
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                          sz shutterbugs might be interested in the Lee Friedlander show at the Whitney entitled America by Car. Friedlander is one of the OG's of modern American photography and when you've done it all, you go back and revisit familiar subjects- in a late model Subaru...

Friedlander is amazing. I love "The little screens". Pretty excited to go see the exhibit when I'm back stateside.
                          "My Roll is to Rock"
                          -Jimmy Page

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                            • Feb 2009

Whereever you can, see The Air is On Fire, David Lynch's art exhibition. Breathtaking, harmful. The book does it no justice. Must bee experienced face to face (with BOB).

Comment

• endersgame
                              • Aug 2009

google street view will now be in major museums around the world. i can understand offering this to people who can't travel but this is just another nail in the coffin.

how will this increase attendance? these institutions have no money and they want to do this? and what a terrible way to look at art. there's no intimacy. just download everything..

Comment

• laughed
                                • Jul 2009

is this online yet for any museums? i think the high-def stuff is kinda cool but yeah.....uh.......this is getting kinda weird.

edit: just checked it out - i guess you can only see certain pieces of art in high-def. like starry night....sigh. would be kinda cool if they had ALL the pieces so i can could have some high-def desktop wallpaper at least.
                                Last edited by laughed; 02-05-2011, 07:44 PM. Reason: the rock says so jabroni.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎