X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vanna
    • May 2008

Originally posted by Vanna View Post
    I'm sick of my blackberry and have been lusting after the iphone. I've been seriously considering getting rid of Verizon, but, I love the service. Is it really worth the switch? My contract isn't up until next June. I'm hoping the Iphone goes to Verizon once the AT&T contract is up, but I won't hold my breath.
    I kind of hate myself for doing this, but I just ordered the 16gb 3GS in black. Should be here sometime this week. Next up, canceling my verizon service.
    Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

You'll love it, Vanna. There is no competition.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• munch
        • Aug 2008

I'm getting a 3G as an early christmas present for myself... my old phone is kinda broken. jailbreaking is a must to get the most out of it? friend says it feels slower when jailbreak'd but I wouldn't know... true/false?

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

can't say that I would've noticed any change, have gone back and forth a couple of times due to updates. but if you have a ton of useless crap installed, then it might slow down. such as changing fonts, icons, clocks and other random tweaks that all have their own applications running in the background.

I'm running winterboard which allows to hide icon texts and change the background etc, plus sbsettings which allows to hide icons, toggle various settings etc - these two at least don't slow the phone down notably.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• munch
            • Aug 2008

ah, right. I don't think I wanna do that... maybe winterboard to change background. well I was just worried about voiding warranty and such with jailbreaking, like if it really was worth it.

thanks!

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

regarding warranty, I think you could simply restore the phone to factory settings / reinstall the firmware and thus get rid of the unlocking and jailbreaking. in theory, that way you'd be covered by the warranty, this is just a guess though.

the main perks of jailbreaking are the ability to unlock (which you might or might not need), customize various things and appearance, install 3rd party applications, utilize some functions otherwise not available (better camera software, video recording, using it as a modem etc. and overall, having more control over the phone.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I would imagine there is a log somewhere tracking all changes. But what do I know...
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

if you restore the firmware, it might reset/override such info as well, but I really don't know either

I read a rumor of someone taking a jailbroken and malfunctioning phone to apple, where an SA said "oh, its jailbroken, I'll reset it before sending it onwards", so maybe its a matter of luck as well

Comment

• munch
                    • Aug 2008

haha, luckily my cousin works at where I get my iphone from! and he's a really good guy. I think luck is on my side there. well, I'll just get it and test it with and without jailbreaking then :)
                    thanks for your help!

Comment

• outline
                      • Jan 2008

i hope it's a right topic. i currently have canon g10. i fucking hate it. feel. colors. design. everything. now as far as design goes i luv ricoh d III but i have no idea what to expect from ricoh. should i get ricoh or leica dlux4 or leica's panasonic rip ox LxK?

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

check the last couple of pages from here: http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3053

Comment

• Vanna
                          • May 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          You'll love it, Vanna. There is no competition.
                          No regrets. It's fucking awesome. Even the video camera is pretty bad ass. Much better than I though it would be overall, though I've experienced some deadspots with the service. Posting from it now. Haha.
                          Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Vanna
                            • May 2008

Why can't I get this fucking self made ringtone onto my iphone. It's in my ringtones folder, but it won't transfer. Garrrrrrrrrrh.
                            Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Just do what every iPhone owner does, put it on "old phone" ringtone, cause the rest of them are auditory atrocities. Downside - in NYC when one iPhone rings in a public place, you got a bunch of people going for their bags.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Vanna
                                • May 2008

Haha. Good idea, right now I have it on "Doorbell" though, which means I should probably change it, or I'll keep thinking someone is at the door. Sad that I can't get this to work though, my individualized ringtone used to bring me a small amount of personal satisfaction because of sheer silliness.
                                Life is a hiiighway

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎