X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

ringtones on the iphone are a bit tricky, if I remember correctly you need to covert the file, change the extension, and still if it exceeds a certain length it won't show up. google will help.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Vanna
      • May 2008

^I followed the directions exactly, and think it's the length of the ringtone that's the problem. I guess they can't be 58 seconds long. I'll try shortening it later.
      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• mw000
        • Jan 2009

Anyone find the 3GS to be a worthwhile upgrade from the regular 3G?

I have been thinking about it but can't seem to justify it

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Not really. There is nothing super duper essential there. Of course the focusing mechanism on the camera and the video camera are nice. The rest is forgettable. I have never used voice controls or voice memos. I wouldn't buy one actually if my first gen did not die. In NYC, the so called 3G is fucking pathetic anyway.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

most of these additions like video and voice recording can be done with downloadable software for the 3G as well
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• theetruscan
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by mw000 View Post
              Anyone find the 3GS to be a worthwhile upgrade from the regular 3G?

I have been thinking about it but can't seem to justify it
              My father has a 3gs, I've a 3g. We decided after a while that he gets things loaded a few seconds faster. Not a huge difference. If you want to play with Layar, you need a 3GS, but layar is a few years from awesome.
              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• munch
                • Aug 2008

anyone know when that "light peak" thingy is coming to apples computers? I've read that external graphics cards are going to be made possible with that thing... could be nice for those weakgfx'ed apple computers so you can play the new Diablo game when it's released!!! woo

Comment

• Vanna
                  • May 2008

I don't really know what the battery life on the 3G or the OG iphone was like, but the 3GS battery life is pretty bad. It goes down even when I'm not using it.

But, I'm pretty happy that I can use it underground on the DC metro now. Before, Verizon was the only carrier that had a contract with DC subway system for cell service underground. Yay!
                  Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• mw000
                    • Jan 2009

Thanks for the feedback guys. I figured the 3GS wasn't worth upgrading to unless you sold the original and the difference was marginal or if you were a first time buyer.

3G standard battery time is horrendous. I usually have to charge it once in the late afternoon and once at bedtime.

This is with fairly consistent use of email and calls

BB guys always brag about long battery life. I can't get myself to like Blackberry though.

I had a curve and I hated.. absolutely hated the scroll nipple. Plus the keys were too small and the phone was just a bit too small for my hands that it was annoying

I have a friend thats a diehard BB user. He has the STORM which I find to be a total POS. It has the clicking screen and is generally not that fast, stable or efficient.

He would always defend the greatness of BB and the click screen, yet he installed a new OS and layout that looks exactly like the Iphone. I asked him why he didn't just get an Iphone but he still stands his ground that BB is better.

Even RIM has dropped the click screen for the new Storm coming out.

Sorry for the long rant!

Comment

• Sombre
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Vanna View Post
                      I don't really know what the battery life on the 3G or the OG iphone was like, but the 3GS battery life is pretty bad. It goes down even when I'm not using it.

But, I'm pretty happy that I can use it underground on the DC metro now. Before, Verizon was the only carrier that had a contract with DC subway system for cell service underground. Yay!
                      Wait. What? I didn't know reception was possible underground. Now I'm disgusted that the DC Metro sells contracts for reception. Isn't it a potential safety impediment for only one carrier's cell phones to function underground?
                      An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                      I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Vanna
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                        Wait. What? I didn't know reception was possible underground. Now I'm disgusted that the DC Metro sells contracts for reception. Isn't it a potential safety impediment for only one carrier's cell phones to function underground?
                        It's possible. And yeah, it's pretty disgusting. That was the only reason I signed up with Verizon last year, because I'm on the metro all the time, it was nice being able to call from underground. Apparently, the cell service is going to be pretty comprehensive, so I'm happy about that. How can metro say no to 25 million though?

Washington, D.C. news, weather, traffic and sports from FOX 5, serving the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia. Watch breaking news live or see the latest videos from programs like Good Day DC.
                        Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Sombre
                          • Jan 2009

^Thank goodness for that. Now other cities need to follow suit. With Madrid and London a few years ago you think people would consider it priority to have reception in the metro.
                          An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                          I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• munch
                            • Aug 2008

new iMac - http://www.apple.com/imac/

21.5" with 1920x1080 res and stuff
                            27" with 2560x1440 res and HD4850 graphics card and other stuff

I want the 27" badly... it's unibody too btw.

and there's also upgrades on the mac mini and a new macbook plastic white unibody casing.
                            and a new mouse with multi-touch stuff.

looks nice

Comment

• polishmike
                              • Jan 2007

I just saw the new iMac and it's the best desktop available right now imo. Great screen, better than most lcd tv's. Great new mouse and build in sd card reader.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by polishmike View Post
                                I just saw the new iMac and it's the best desktop available right now imo. Great screen, better than most lcd tv's. Great new mouse and build in sd card reader.
                                Isn't it always? Looks cool (thankfully mine is working fine and dandy). The LED technology should make it look stunning for sure. However, keyboard without a number pad is a fail. And I don't know about this mouse, but my wireless Apple mouse eats batteries for breakfast.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎