Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spencer
    • Feb 2007

Dude that's a great recovery. I have nightmares about losing things like that. But not my gf. She loses stuff over and over again. Probably on her 5th pair of sunglasses this year. ATM card has been eaten by the machine god knows how many times. She recently texted me saying that she just found her iPhone. In the fridge................

Comment

• whitney
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by endersgame View Post

remember kids, always save your cab receipt..

i never ask for receipts unless i'm getting reimbursed. in vegas when i was taking a cab to the hotel i left my clutch in the cab.............
      you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• YoungM
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
        I'm actually a very happy Android convert. after having the iPhone for a year, I got tired of all the dumbed down functionality, having to use itunes for everything, and the overall lack of transformability without installing a billion apps. with my HTC I can drag and drop content (music, pictures, videos..) from my computer, back up contacts and other stuff on the memory card with a click, and am not forced to sync it with a single computer. try adding a music track to your iphone from another computer, and itunes will kindly erase your entire library. Android pretty much has all the functions and is much easier to modify, for example the desktop can be arranged to your liking whereas on the iphone you can barely move the icons, let alone arrange and remove them or put them in folders (again, without jailbreaking, apps and fuzz). I just got fed up with little things like that.

Apple is the Dolce and Gabbana of the tech world. Overly simple, "hip," and hugely overpriced for what you get. My girlfriend has a MB Pro, and using it is a huge drag. I don't know what those who claim no problems ever are smoking - she can't even get the office suite (a fairly important product set) installed.

As for all roads leading to the iPhone, that's hardly true anymore. The HTC Evo 4G looks to be mighty impressive, and even if beaten initially by the iPhone 4G, it won't take long before the other manufacturers are pumping out phones with much better specs, and without that shitty UI.

As for a video card, get an HD5870, or 5850 if you want to go cheaper. nVidia is just not a valid choice right now.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
          took a cab to the office today and put my grandma bag in the trunk. while waiting for the receipt and paying the driver, my friend unloads the trunk but forgets to take my bag.
          twice I read "put my grandma back in the trunk"
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Ivans On High
            Banned
            • Oct 2008

The HTC Desire is a great alternative to the iPhone. Well worth a look.

Comment

• red120
              • May 2010

All the phones nowadays are so high tech.

Seems hard to find an old school design, small screen, candy bar style, no swivel, brick oblong shaped phone.
              love.to: ENFANTS PERDUS Gothic Nouveau Jewelry | Elysieme Boutique

Comment

• munch
                • Aug 2008

not sure what you mean with old school design but I do like the Motorola F3, it's as simple as it gets

Comment

• Bubu
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by red120 View Post
                  All the phones nowadays are so high tech.

Seems hard to find an old school design, small screen, candy bar style, no swivel, brick oblong shaped phone.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                  Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Comment

• red120
                    • May 2010

^ Yeah, like this, or Nokia 6500 Classic, etc.

Or the very straight, clean lines on Vertu's pieces.. the latter is too pricey though.

Phones that really have the spirit of being just phones, and don't overreach.. I like this.
                    love.to: ENFANTS PERDUS Gothic Nouveau Jewelry | Elysieme Boutique

Comment

• dji
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Ivans On High View Post
                      The HTC Desire is a great alternative to the iPhone. Well worth a look.
                      Ditto with the SE Xperia X10. Has a larger screen and better camera than the Desire too, very happy with mine.

Comment

• endorphinz
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                        try adding a music track to your iphone from another computer, and itunes will kindly erase your entire library.
                        is this true if itunes is set to MANUALLY manage music? i too hate itunes when apple allowed itunes to manually manage music, it made things bearable. being able to just drag and drop music without building a "library" was a must for me. i have well over a terabyte of music files and it would be impossible for me to use itunes if i couldn't manage music manually.

i love the iphone and can't wait for the 4g to come out next month.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

I believe that in order to transfer content you have to synchronize, ie copy whatever you have in your itunes library to your iphone. adding songs from a second computer to my understanding is impossible, as you'd need to again synchronize the phone -> erase everything and replace it with whatever is on the second computer.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• endorphinz
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2009

^that's not true. itunes has an option that allows you to manually manage music without building a library and synching. you can just drag music onto the phone. you just need to tick the box in itunes...and i think the 4g will even allow you to mount as a disc

Comment

• YoungM
                              • Nov 2008

Is that the case with the newer models? That had always been the way I managed my music, but since getting an iPod touch, it at the very least got more difficult.

Comment

• endorphinz
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2009

yep...they added the feature a while ago. i have old ipods, the latest gen nano and the iphone 3g and manually manage music on all of them. i have to cuz there is no way i can build a library of all my stuff. i don't have itunes installed on this machine and my laptop is in my car so i can't tell you where to look for the option but it's def there.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎