X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rider
    eyes of the world
    • Jun 2009

i stopped by all saints this past weekend too, and must admit i felt like i was in greenwich ct teenagers garage, too much money for not enough substance (wow, i'm really profiling)...the vintage sewing machines and spools were cool as hell though. vm designer is good.

Comment

• endersgame
      • Aug 2009

tbone, makie looks dope. thanks for the suggestion..

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

/\ Wow! Seriously, that jacket on the bottom right - I'd get that for my daughter in a heartbeat. A little CDG action never hurt...
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

there is just something really immoral about what they are doing........
          makes my stomach sick a little............
          I mean, is it that difficult to develop a few good ideas on your own?
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• endersgame
            • Aug 2009

^^ someone on yelp mentioned the owner used to be a designer for cdg. so i don't know if that makes you feel any better zamb..

baby clothes are sized by months old..
            in$ane..

Comment

• laughed
              • Jul 2009

greatest baby clothes ever. saw a sharply dressed kid on sartorialist but, yeah, that bottom right one is killer.

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                ^^ someone on yelp mentioned the owner used to be a designer for cdg. so i don't know if that makes you feel any better zamb..

baby clothes are sized by months old..
                in$ane..
                No, I have a growing distaste for these kind of things.........
                for me its not about whether the item is cheaper or not, I'd rather have one good pair of shoes that is well made with integrity that something that was done purely because someone realized that by creating cheaper ripoffs they can make a profit. I respect myself more than that and whoever is gonna get my money must respect me in the same way..........
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Castor
                  • Nov 2009

^^^Well put Zam.
                  Originally posted by DRRRK
                  The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• Enaml
                    • Apr 2009

In nyc for the first time in a long while. I was wondering if anyone here has recommendations for things to do on a college student budget, which is something I hadn't seen mentioned in this thread yet. I'll of course be hitting up the usual clothing places mentioned here, as well as a number of shows and stuff. I'm mostly wondering about food and such, but any recommendation is good. I'm okay splurging a few times (esp on some good sushi). Staying with a friend in Brooklyn, just for reference.
                    How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• t-bone
                      • Dec 2009

Where in Brooklyn are you? If downtown, Taro Sushi on Dean St. is a great sushi spot that doesn't have to be too much of a splurge. I always recommend checking out a Momofuku restaurant if you haven't yet, Ssam Bar is still my favorite.

If you're still here next weekend, Omar Souleyman is doing a free show in Central Park on June 26th.

Can offer more suggestions for local cheap eats based on your location.

Comment

• Enaml
                        • Apr 2009

Thanks for the fast reply! Her house is in Windsor Terrace, sorta near Prospect Park, but I don't at all mind walking or the subway. First thing I did when I got here was get a week long pass. I definitely plan on checking out Momofuku.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Enaml View Post
                          In nyc for the first time in a long while. I was wondering if anyone here has recommendations for things to do on a college student budget, which is something I hadn't seen mentioned in this thread yet. I'll of course be hitting up the usual clothing places mentioned here, as well as a number of shows and stuff. I'm mostly wondering about food and such, but any recommendation is good. I'm okay splurging a few times (esp on some good sushi). Staying with a friend in Brooklyn, just for reference.
                          There is so much to do for free during the summer. You are right by Prospect Park, so check out their free concerts. Then, there is Shakespeare in the Park, also free. Free movies at night in Bryant Park and in Dumbo, free concerts in Central Park and Batter Park, and so on, and so on. Of course everything will be crowded, but that's the nature of the game.

There are a ton of cheap eats too - check out the TONY cheap eats. Brunch is usually cheap even in expensive places, like Aquagrill or Tartine. A vietnamese sandwich at Saigon Ban Mi is a must (skip other places). Joya in Carroll Gardens is a decent Thai place. And, of course you gotta have the Ippudo ramen and pork buns. Anyway, I made an extensive post on the first page of this thread.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Enaml
                            • Apr 2009

Thanks a bunch for the recs, Faust!

Huge fan of Ban Mi, so I might go to that place later today, actually.

Comment

• MikeN
                              • Nov 2007

Screw Momofuku, go to Ippudo instead. I know several forum members will agree with me.

For sushi try Hasaki on 9th street. It sort of looks like every other sushi place in the St. Marks area, but it was basically the first one there over 20 years ago and its still the best.

Comment

• bless you bleed
                                • Jan 2010

^Agreed. Ippudo is probably one of the better ramen places in the area. Also, hit up Cha-an for tea and dessert.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎