X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

/\ second that. i doubt it exists though...
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• allanb
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by ronin View Post
      Thanks a lot for the recommendations, that looks really nice. Unfortunately Shakespeare in the park seems to end in July, I think I would have loved it. I'm not sure what crowd means at NY scale, I surmise it's a bit scarier than here.

Hum, now I have to find accomodation for two nights as I get kicked out of my friend's appartment in favor of her family. Damn are hotels expensive - 200$ a night for a budget hotel goodbye dearly coveted Ann boots
      There's always the Elk Hotel on 42nd St or Hotel Carter nearby. Don't expect much though.
      Last edited by allanb; 08-16-2010, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• allanb
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
        They are a bunch of different Ramon's all over the city, and I'm not sure if they are related to one another. I would suggest bringing it to Chris French on 4th ave and 9th street. I bring everything there. Comme des Garcons uses Maurice Garment Care on University.
        I second Chris French. G&G on Grand is also good. The Yohji store took their stuff there. I've been going there for a while and the quality of tailoring and dry cleaning is superb.

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
          • Jan 2007

The Vanderbilt YMCA increased its nightly rate by $40 since last year. What are some other decent hostels in New York?
          Originally posted by jogu
          i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• cooldudeguy3000
            • Jun 2010

Anyone check out the barneys warehouse sale in manhattan? Was there anything good?

Comment

• MikeN
              • Nov 2007

I can answer that question without even leaving the house: no.

Comment

• BUMMER
                • Feb 2010

Horrible experience:Chris French 4th ave/9th st.

[QUOTE=allanb;255431]I second Chris French.

Guys!-I had the absolute worst experience at that location!
                I heard so much about their reputation that I brought some of my more delicate dry clean-only items there. The long list of damage:

-Very un-graciously/dismissively told to 'come back later' when I came in on the date/time printed on my receipt.
                Excited to see their amazing handiwork I heard so much about, I took a quick peek before leaving the place. I was horrified to find:
                -Bleach-like stains on my jacket.
                -They faded a beautiful pair of light cotton summer pants as if I threw them in a washing machine !!
                -They dry cleaned a pair of pants that I specifically brought to be mended and not cleaned!!
                -Was treated with absolutely no concern, consideration or respect when I asked what could be done to repair the stains. Then told to just sit down and wait while the overpriced mending job was done with no consideration of the fact that I already waited much longer than I was supposed to.

Maybe it's just the fat guy with the moustache who's a jerk there, but I will never go back to that place again. Many reviews on Yelp match my experience to a T. Worst experience ever.
                What's so great about this place for you guys? Pray tell...?

Comment

• MikeN
                  • Nov 2007

i've never had one item damaged by them, let alone 3 in one session.

Comment

• BUMMER
                    • Feb 2010

chris french

Yes, I know it is beyond belief, but it all actually happened.
                    I'll never go there again..

Comment

• BUMMER
                      • Feb 2010

Hair

Originally posted by homi View Post
                      Can anyone recommend a salon for mens cuts that preferably is still affordable. I've been going to freeman's but would like to try something different.
                      Not exactly a place to get your hair cut on a budget, but I HIGHLY recommend Chrystoph Marten salon.
                      He just moved to a new space somewhere on West 25th in the gallery/meatpacking district..
                      He has worked with Marina Abramovic recently AND did hair for all of the Cloak shows...
                      But don't worry, he won't force you to get some combination devil-lock/mullet/hitler youth hairdo: He has a way of doing something perfect for the person he's styling..

Comment

• mike
                        • Dec 2006

$140 for a hair cut is ridiculous. recently i went to hair mates and let an apprentice cut my hair for $25, and it is one of the best hair cuts i have gotten. far superior to any hair cut ive had which was 2-3x the price.

Comment

• rider
                          eyes of the world
                          • Jun 2009

recently went to gemma at the bowery hotel, personally can recommend the soft boiled eggs and rye soldiers. very good ambience to meet friends.
                          also, ended the day with a visit to Dear Richmond, could have dropped a bundle easliy.

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by mike View Post
                            $140 for a hair cut is ridiculous. recently i went to hair mates and let an apprentice cut my hair for $25, and it is one of the best hair cuts i have gotten. far superior to any hair cut ive had which was 2-3x the price.

LOL,.

thank God I am low maintenance, sometimes I dont even bother to cut my hair, if my wife doesn't pester me I dont even bother to save sometimes.........I wish my hair grow enough that i could've had a beard halfway to my chest............

for years I used to cut my own hair, but started going back to the barber because I believe in supporting small businesses...........
                            My Barber Charges $12, sometimes I just give him a very generous tip....................
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• cmitso412
                              • Feb 2010

If you go back, try the polenta fries. I get them every time I go and they are great. I just can't figure out how they get polenta to hold it's shape, maybe using an extruder right above the fryer? I don't know... anyway they have an interesting texture and are good. Also the sea bass is good.

Originally posted by rider View Post
                              recently went to gemma at the bowery hotel, personally can recommend the soft boiled eggs and rye soldiers. very good ambience to meet friends.
                              also, ended the day with a visit to Dear Richmond, could have dropped a bundle easliy.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Yes, Gemma was nice. Also, the new McNelly pizza place is excellent, I must say.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎