X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

No Western Union, period. Almost got scammed in Paris. Better use sites like airbnb.com
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endersgame
      • Aug 2009

^^ fyi, it hasn't happened yet, but ny senate is trying to pass a bill to make sublets of 1 month or less illegal.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

law is one thing, enforcing it is another. they did the same in paris, and no one seems to give a shit.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Tyro
          • Nov 2008

Last edited by Tyro; 12-14-2010, 05:06 AM.

Comment

• endersgame
            • Aug 2009

there's no quality of life here so i will gladly enforce this if it becomes law and rat you out to the board, lol..

Comment

• Tyro
              • Nov 2008

Last edited by Tyro; 12-14-2010, 05:06 AM.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

i don't know, never sublet one here. you should be fine. also, if you have a pad in a desirable location, you can try an apartment swap.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MikeN
                  • Nov 2007

I sublet my former apartment out every time I left the country. I just put it on craigslist.

Comment

• Tyro
                    • Nov 2008

Last edited by Tyro; 12-14-2010, 05:05 AM.

Comment

• ronin
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2009

I'll be in New York august 5th-14th. I've read this thread, checked several guides (including scoute.), and I was wondering if there was anything you thought worth checking out at the time - new club, current exhibition or cultural event... I'll be staying in Manathan. Its my first time in NY, the friends I'm visiting have been there for a few months so they might have something in mind but I'd rather have some various advice.

Comment

• endersgame
                        • Aug 2009

take a ride on the staten island ferry. it's scenic and it's free. i do this with friends from out of town. just ride that boat all day and talk. it's especially nice when you catch the sun set..

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Go to Shakespeare in The Park, if you like theater. Free, fresh air, Central Park, Al Pacino yelling, the works. I haven't gone yet myself, maybe this week. Need a partner in crime.

There are also free movies outside after sunset in Bryant Park and Dumbo.

Here is a list of free concerts. Just be mindful that free in New York = torture by crowds. Not sure if you are into that - many people are, apparently.

The free ferry to Staten Island is cool, indeed. Of course at some point it's actually worthy to see Manhattan, rather than be in it, and multiple Manhattan-Brooklyn crossings allow that. The park near Brooklyn Bridge is quite nice.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ronin
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2009

Thanks a lot for the recommendations, that looks really nice. Unfortunately Shakespeare in the park seems to end in July, I think I would have loved it. I'm not sure what crowd means at NY scale, I surmise it's a bit scarier than here.

Hum, now I have to find accomodation for two nights as I get kicked out of my friend's appartment in favor of her family. Damn are hotels expensive - 200$ a night for a budget hotel goodbye dearly coveted Ann boots

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Oops, didn't realize it ends in a few days!
                              Sucks about the accommodations - hotels ARE expensive. Try airbnb.com

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• homi
                                • Nov 2007

Can anyone recommend a salon for mens cuts that preferably is still affordable. I've been going to freeman's but would like to try something different.
                                THIRD LOOKS : http://www.thirdlooks.com
                                Internet Fame http://www.internet-fame.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎