yeah but i fucking love it.

Comment

• asho
      • Nov 2007

This thread pretty much is twitter

Comment

• Fade to Black
        • Sep 2008

yeah i don't get the fucking point of twitter...everywhere is twitter, so why the hell do we need a twitter?
        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Chant
          Banned
          • Jun 2008

Weather synergy

SZ power !!!!!

Comment

• Johnny
            • Sep 2006

hmmm, i'm supposed to be flying to paris today. the flight from my airport before the one I'm due to be on has been cancelled. hmph. and my package has not arrived. double hmph.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
              ..I didn't catch the reference,
              sorry.

edit: в отсутствии дворянства, купечество увлеклось дворянскими играми?
              for the past 200 years or so
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Stack
                • Jan 2008

Fuck ... after losing my uncle to cancer a month ago, I just found out that my mother may have it now too.

Fuck '09.
                once you get off the drugs and the alcohol, that's when you realise how dark you really are

Comment

• DRRRK
                  • Aug 2009

Stack, sorry to read that. The post about your uncle's death seems to be from only a few days ago.

Having thought about a few things more important than "my style" in the last couple of weeks I will donate considerably more money than usually this year.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Stack View Post
                    Fuck ... after losing my uncle to cancer a month ago, I just found out that my mother may have it now too.

Fuck '09.
                    Hang in there ... I think this year's been a bitch to a lot of people.
                    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Stack
                      • Jan 2008

thank you, guys. it's much appreciated.

after speaking to her about it, she told me that according to the consultant, it's been caught early and they'll operate in 3 weeks to remove the lump. after that, a bit of after treatment and an examination to confirm that it hasn't spread elsewhere, but then everything should be fine.

i'm a lot more positive about this situation than i was about my uncle's, so to echo eternal, we're going to stay hopeful and knock-on-wood things will be a-okay.

thanks for that eternal, knowing that it's not always fatal is reassuring, and the odds are highly unlikely that this will end in the worst. plus i know what you mean about this being a very bittersweet year. what started as the most exciting year of my life (buying my very first property and moving in with my girlfriend) has ended in me losing a very-close relative and a scare of losing the closest.

drrrk, yeah, it wasn't too long ago at all, but hopefully this case won't end in the same way. i don't know how the hell i'd cope if i lost a parent!

Fade, no doubt, this year has been a fucking disaster for a lot of people.

Fuck '09 is my motto for the next two weeks.
                      once you get off the drugs and the alcohol, that's when you realise how dark you really are

Comment

• theetruscan
                        • Jan 2008

Man ... I made multiple reports to them about this years ago.
                        We can't say we've ever heard of a $26 Russian program called SkyGrabber before, but it's about to get famous real fast -- according to the Wall Street Journal, Iraqi insurgents have been regularly using the satellite-snooping software to monitor live Predator video feeds. Apparently the Predator transmits video over an unencrypted link, so there's no major hacking or security breach going on here, but it's obviously a huge issue -- and we'd say the bigger problem is that Pentagon officials have known about this flaw since the 1990s, but they didn't think insurgents would figure out how to exploit it. Way to underestimate, guys. The WSJ says the military is working to encrypt all Predator feeds from Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan, but it's slow going because the Predator network is more than a decade old and based on proprietary tech -- too bad it's not proprietary enough to keep prying eyes out of it. [Thanks to everyone who sent this in]

The crap hardware overrides encryption if you push it over a bandwidth threshold, so forcing all the feeds to encrypted alone won't help. A fifth grader could have figured out this attack too.
                        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• DRRRK
                          • Aug 2009

Football rivalry ended up in a big argument in my office today.
                          I am a Schalke 04 fan and I live and work in Dortmund, home of Borussia Dortmund.
                          I don't know if foreign soccer fans are aware of this rivalry in german football which is far more intense than, e.g. United vs. City in Manchester.

Life can be difficult. Proof that I need a break as soon as possible.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Stack, best wishes to your mother. I hope she pulls through.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

cant seem to find the important thread

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Seventh
                                • Dec 2006

Eternal: Drop out, switch schools or change degrees. Do something that you are passionate about. If it is not about money, don't waste time being uninspired (especially if you are young).

Drrrk: Is the atmosphere in German football stadiums as good as I have heard? BTW, United and City aren't much of a rivalry, City aren't good enough . (Traditionally it is more United and Liverpool).

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                                Football rivalry ended up in a big argument in my office today.
                                I am a Schalke 04 fan and I live and work in Dortmund, home of Borussia Dortmund.
                                I don't know if foreign soccer fans are aware of this rivalry in german football which is far more intense than, e.g. United vs. City in Manchester.

Life can be difficult. Proof that I need a break as soon as possible.
                                Last edited by Seventh; 12-18-2009, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎