X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Verdandi
    • Mar 2012

That Return of The Jedi quote...

I don't care how much they'll be hamming it up. Don't care how much lensflare JJ Abrams may use. I am so ready for christmas.
    lavender menace

Comment

• MJRH
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Haha!

You've seen this, of course...

ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• bukka
        • Sep 2011

Kalief Browder was accused of taking a backpack. The courts took the next three years of his life.

How can this happen.
        Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

More or less, unfortunately.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bukka
            • Sep 2011

It's hard to understand, for me as a foreigner, how the public backlash isn't stronger with all the events mediatized lately: Walter Scott, Eric Harris, etc.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I think the backlash in the media has been pretty strong. And the public reaction about the Ferguson shooting. America is deeply split right now with the right and the left thoroughly entrenched, and I mean people here, not parties. The Republicans are frustrated of being viewed by the democrats as stupid rednecks or immoral assholes that at this point they'll say fuck you to anything that democrats support, no matter how right it is. They used to be more reasonable.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bukka
                • Sep 2011

You're right about the backlash in the media being pretty strong but when it comes up to results, I didn't see much. The only one that might be found guilty is Walter Scott murderer, thanks god there was someone filming. But on a more general level, what kind of measures were taken? Wearing a camera should be mandatory for cops in regards to the actual situation.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Cops are notorious for closing ranks and protecting their own in the US. The judicial arm is also notorious for shielding the cops from the law. That's why they feel so invincible. The only thing cops are scared of are good lawyers. And only the rich can afford good lawyers.

You should read this article - basically cops anywhere in the US can rob you and you cannot do jack shit about it. I am positively terrified of going anywhere in the US except along the two coasts. The rest of the country does not exist for me.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bukka
                    • Sep 2011

I am positively terrified of going anywhere in the US except along the two coasts. The rest of the country does not exist for me.
                    My thoughts exactly.

Comment

• Jtothewhat
                      • Oct 2014

Cops are notorious for closing ranks and protecting their own in the US. The judicial arm is also notorious for shielding the cops from the law. That's why they feel so invincible. The only thing cops are scared of are good lawyers. And only the rich can afford good lawyers.

You should read this article - basically cops anywhere in the US can rob you and you cannot do jack shit about it. I am positively terrified of going anywhere in the US except along the two coasts. The rest of the country does not exist for me.
                      Articles like this have the same effect as waking up from a bad dream for me.. At first I am quite terrified and angry, and then I remember I don't live in the US and I feel a little better. Still, it is aggravating to hear, when the article talks about the one cop (Washington?) saying he heard God telling him to goto Tenaha, Texas.. and then how he has carried out his business there.. just fucking warped.

Comment

• nvsnli
                        • Mar 2013

That article is another good reason not to live in the US.

Comment

• gregor
                          • Oct 2014

i think stuff like that in the us, though horrible, is blown a bit out of proportion considering the perceptions we have about the us.

there's a lot of good reasons not to live in the usa, but civil forfeiture is not one of them innately. corrupt cops, yes, very much so.

Comment

• trentk
                            • Oct 2010

Could anyone who has incorporated blue into their wardrobe please post some pics*? I've been meaning to reincorporate blue for a while and am curious to see what others have done. Thanks.

mood images:

* fit pics. or clothing pics. but if you have some more general blue mood images that you're dying to share, no prob.
                            Last edited by trentk; 05-18-2015, 03:36 PM.
                            "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• bukka
                              • Sep 2011

architects designing shoes

Comment

• Jtothewhat
                                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by bukka View Post
                                So cool. Thanks for sharing this.. I love the first pair; it obscures the foot but still works as an anatomical shape. That page says that they will release 50 pairs of each style, I am curious what the price will be.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎