Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Williebabzan
    • Jul 2008

Think I saw Shuit in a very warm Lissabon today?

Comment

• galia
      • Jun 2009

RIP Christian Audigier, king of good taste and understatement

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

i don't see how being snide about a person's designs is appropriate when expressing remorse at that person's death. cancer is horrific.

Comment

• Nickefuge
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
          i don't see how being snide about a person's designs is appropriate when expressing remorse at that person's death. cancer is horrific.
          Plus they killed his business partner a week or two before. Must´ve been shitty last days for Audigier.
          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• galia
            • Jun 2009

oh my god you are so uptight, I actually think he was a fun character, very larger than life and enjoyable to witness (from the comfortable distance of the mediated experience). he still was the king of good taste and understatement. plain fact

Comment

• Ahimsa
              Vegan Police
              • Sep 2011

Just in case anyone missed this: USA vs Japan piloted giant robot duel

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Arkady
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by gregor View Post
                i think stuff like that in the us, though horrible, is blown a bit out of proportion considering the perceptions we have about the us.

there's a lot of good reasons not to live in the usa, but civil forfeiture is not one of them innately. corrupt cops, yes, very much so.
                Incorrect, this is a massive problem that's woefully under-reported rather than blown out of proportion. On top of the pre-existing clusterfuck of eminent domain, civil asset forfeiture can now be coupled with parallel construction to seize nearly anything from nearly any private individual if it's so desired. Police departments often figure out what equipment they need that quarter and engineer an arrest to seize it -- Mercedes, boats you name it. Whatever the perceptions of the US from the outside, the political realities are far more grim from within if you know where to look.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

My FB feed is full of lions. I need a break.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gregor
                    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                    Incorrect, this is a massive problem that's woefully under-reported rather than blown out of proportion. On top of the pre-existing clusterfuck of eminent domain, civil asset forfeiture can now be coupled with parallel construction to seize nearly anything from nearly any private individual if it's so desired. Police departments often figure out what equipment they need that quarter and engineer an arrest to seize it -- Mercedes, boats you name it. Whatever the perceptions of the US from the outside, the political realities are far more grim from within if you know where to look.
                    i've done some more reading on the topic since i made that comment, and, as such, kind of wish i had not. it wasn't a particularly educated one if i'm to be candid.

it's an interesting set of machinations that lead to something like that, though, if only because of the evil nature of them. it's also interesting how badly the failsafes of the system work, and render the judicial branch completely ineffective in a case like that.

it brings back the age old argument of the fruit of the poisonous tree and all that. the exclusionary rule should be, at least in the case of such evidence, absolute, in my mind. it's got some very interesting and redundant loopholes that make it so ineffective in a case like that.

it started off ludicrous, but you'd be right in saying it really is getting a little scary.

Comment

• phiman
                      • Dec 2011

Chinese factory worker can't believe the shit he makes for Americans

Comment

• Arkady
                        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by gregor View Post
                        it's also interesting how badly the failsafes of the system work, and render the judicial branch completely ineffective in a case like that..
                        I'll put it this way, the 'system' is working exactly as it's intended to.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

I had the same feeling the first time I walked into the Container Store. Remote control organizer was a particular standout.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eleves
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            I had the same feeling the first time I walked into the Container Store. Remote control organizer was a particular standout.
                            Hahaha so true! I am absolutely in awe every time that I go to that store, containers for containers, who knew? Truly the American dream.
                            Originally posted by Faust
                            HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I'd say we New Yorkers are fairly safe from this kind of crap, because we are not limited to the big box stores. But every time I have to go into one of those I get really dispirited with regards to consumerism - and I am not exaggerating one bit. If I never have to set foot into Bed, Bath and Beyond again, I think I'll be very happy. They sell a dedicated product for cutting tails out of strawberries. For real.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

In mourning

He has been heroic, persistent, and twice as illuminating as the purportedly real news that fuelled “The Daily Show.”

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎