X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

What the fuck is "new business services"? Does it refer to existing business providing service for new companies or creating new types of services within an existing company? Business lingo is killing me.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• unwashed
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      What the fuck is "new business services"? Does it refer to existing business providing service for new companies or creating new types of services within an existing company? Business lingo is killing me.
      Within the context of the company I work for it would be a new service invented by our business analysts, lol there was a whole whiteboard filled with our own lingo :). Usually it doesn't make that much sense, hence why we wrote them down for fun.
      Grailed link

Comment

• Tiranis
        • Feb 2007

With accountants and lawyers, it'll usually mean services for new companies. Thinking about it: I'm not sure I've ever seen it used the other way but I'm sure some consultants somewhere have done it.

Comment

• Ahimsa
          Vegan Police
          • Sep 2011

Forgot to post this…
          The Louboutin that broke the Condé Nast escalator…

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• bukka
            • Sep 2011

Training seals
            Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• round
              • Aug 2015

trying to find something to do to make a little bit of money on the side.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I was dying of laughter the first time I saw this, because this is EXACTLY what Russians think about American weddings.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• round
                  • Aug 2015

trying to remedy my startling lack of a social life.

Comment

• Williebabzan
                    • Jul 2008

Just moved to Seoul for four months, but couldn't find a Seoul thread. I would love some tips from you guys! Shopping, food, siteseeing, museums, cool areas etc. Would really appreciate it!

Cheers
                    J

Comment

• mrbeuys
                      • May 2008

Within my line of work, this would usually refer to a company who will do New Business approaches on your behalf, ie. find you work and clients based on your portfolio. There are numerous different ways this can work, from actually giving you qualified leads to just giving you an overview of where different companies are within their agency cycle, etc.
                      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

that's how i would understand the term also.

Comment

• croatoan
                          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Williebabzan View Post
                          Just moved to Seoul for four months, but couldn't find a Seoul thread. I would love some tips from you guys! Shopping, food, siteseeing, museums, cool areas etc. Would really appreciate it!

Cheers
                          J
                          I've only been disappointed by the shopping here -- both in terms of selection, prices, and overall experience (shop staff breathing down your neck; so close you can hear them smacking their gum.) That said recently Hannam-dong around Itaewon has taken off in recent years as a place for little independent select shops.

I'm a pretty bad tour guide for typical sightseeing things, but I love a stroll through the downtown Jongno area where I feel you can see a lot more modern history than what is shown in many museums.

Dongdaemun History and Culture Park Museum Station has a really cool Russian town behind exit 12 which is a typical spot I bring visitors by. Great Russian, Uzbek, and Mongolian food; cheap vodka..

Yeonnam-dong on the edge of Hongdae has been changing a lot recently and has tons of cool shops, restaurants, and cafes. A bit north of there is Yeonhui-dong which is also nice but being overrun by cafes.

Umm.. It is still the season for drinking anywhere along Han River. Pretty much all of the convenience stores lining the river will sell draft beer (though Korean draft beer..). I would typically go to the spot near Mangwon Station.

If you like craft beer, that scene has been taking off in recent years with some great breweries. I recommend checking out Magpie (either in Noksapyeong/Kyungridan area or Hongdae) or Four Seasons (Itaewon). Either are good for going along but Magpie is especially a good place to chat with both expats and locals.

For museums, the National Museum is a good stop. And I recommend the Nam June Paik museum down south around Suwon.

Comment

• Arkady
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                            Within my line of work, this would usually refer to a company who will do New Business approaches on your behalf, ie. find you work and clients based on your portfolio. There are numerous different ways this can work, from actually giving you qualified leads to just giving you an overview of where different companies are within their agency cycle, etc.
                            Weird, cause in my case it means the former of the two suggested. WE HELPED, FAUST

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Yeah, thanks, fellas, haha! I think I got what they meant in this particular case.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Williebabzan
                                • Jul 2008

Thanks man. I'm definitely going to check out these places! : )

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎