Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interior WAYLT...where are you living today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yan
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by docus View Post
    Wow, all these amazing open-plan loft-style spaces are making me feel a little inadequate... I live in a narrowboat - 60ft long by 7ft wide - on a river in the East end of London. It's small and you won't find any exposed beams etc, but at least we have lots of outside space (we're moored up on Hackney Marshes at the moment). I'll find a pic later
    That sounds cool, and I believe, exempt from rates/poll tax?

Comment

• docus
      • Dec 2010

Indeed... there's an annual licensing fee but if you move around (as we do) you don't have to pay any mooring fees, or council tax for that matter... But don't go thinking it's cheap - when your engine blows up or your hull starts leaking, it COSTS BIG

Comment

• Yan
        • Mar 2008

Indeed... there's an annual licensing fee but if you move around (as we do) you don't have to pay any mooring fees, or council tax for that matter... But don't go thinking it's cheap - when your engine blows up or your hull starts leaking, it COSTS BIG
        I know it will carry different costs, but I was kind of thinking about an idealistic, Johnny Depp in Chocolat lifestyle

Comment

• docus
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Yan View Post
          I know it will carry different costs, but I was kind of thinking about an idealistic, Johnny Depp in Chocolat lifestyle
          Idealism is catered for in abundance, you're quite right! I live aboard with my partner, our 8 month old baby, and our two cats, and although it's cramped it's very cosy - in the winter our stove keeps the place very toasty, even when it's -10 C outside (as it was around Xmas). There's also a great community of boaters who tend to be interesting free-spirited types.

Comment

• Yan
            • Mar 2008

Idealism is catered for in abundance, you're quite right! I live aboard with my partner, our 8 month old baby, and our two cats, and although it's cramped it's very cosy - in the winter our stove keeps the place very toasty, even when it's -10 C outside (as it was around Xmas). There's also a great community of boaters who tend to be interesting free-spirited types.
            Are you involved in a creative business/ studies? I love the East End and am regularly seen driving up and down Kingsland Road.....

Comment

• snafu
              • Apr 2008

Few more pics of my place (not good photos taken very quickly for another thread), not exactly done / finished but i guess its getting there. Its very good for me and the way i live maybe wouldn't suit everyone. The bathroom aint photographed here but its Farrow & Ball elephants breath with a greyish beige limestone tiles & duravit and matki fittings.

Last edited by snafu; 03-25-2011, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• thaiison
                • Dec 2009

that looks great snafu, really love that floor and minimal use of interior, though i think the kitchen would look even better with something on the walls. simple shelves or picture.

Comment

• doldrums
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                  Few more pics of my place (not good photos taken very quickly for another thread), not exactly done / finished but i guess its getting there. Its very good for me and the way i live maybe wouldn't suit everyone. The bathroom aint photographed here but its Farrow & Ball elephants breath...[/IMG]
                  me too
                  like your place alot. ours was equally simple and sparce in color scheme and decor until the baby came. much prefer it to sleek or to mid century which i overdosed on heavily in college years and of which still have a few pieces left to purge.

Comment

• diamonds
                    • Dec 2006

your pad looks fantastic snaf

Comment

• Rayuela
                      • Oct 2010

Lovely R.

Where did you hide the stella cans?
                      Last edited by Rayuela; 03-15-2011, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• snafu
                        • Apr 2008

they get recycled daily ...

updated the old post with a few better photos

Comment

• Johnny
                          • Sep 2006

place looks great snafs.

Comment

• swami
                            • Jul 2008

very tastefully executed SNAf but those shoes in the hallway are screaming for a home , something like this maybe ?

Comment

• snafu
                              • Apr 2008

how many can that thing hold ?
                              its a nice idea but i kinda like being able to see every pair of shoes boots ... hence i know the one's im not wearing.

Everyone's reaction is so much white ...its not like im going for a margiela look but i live in a one bed flat in London and i want it to feel as big as possible.
                              WHite also is classic you can't really go wrong, in the bathroom i wanted something a nice colour; against all the white. So i chose some limestone tiles and went with a green / grey .... (f&b elephant's breath) love the colour and the bathroom actually gets alot of natural light so its ok.

Dunno im happy cause its my first real flat (lucky i know) ... i painted it all, lived in it while it was getting rewired, i ripped out the kitchen, pulled up all the carpets, chose all the furinture; bed and table made to my drawings, by the same guy who did the kitch top 3.2m of steel with seperate sink welded and polished in. Found the vintage smeg for 180gbp. I basically cut costs where i could i and spent on the things i thought mattered. Even lots of things like the chair and bucket were gifts, my desk cost me 80, the chair 35, the wooden boxes were originally my dads from when he was at school, lighting i spent money on ,,,, but i mean it all balanced out.
                              Last edited by snafu; 03-25-2011, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• Ochre
                                • Sep 2009

Very beautiful, snafu. Once I move this summer I'm hoping for the same effect however my floors will most assuredly not be painted white, unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎