Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interior WAYLT...where are you living today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • comedyzen
    • May 2009

This was where I lived 3 years ago. I had a view of the Hollywood sign from my unit. Missed smoking on the fire escape (I have quit since then). Great building with a mix of Hollywood hipsters and the mentally deranged...hey, it's LA.

Just moved into a new place in San Francisco....will post pics when I am set up.

Originally posted by BrettChaotix View Post
    Thanks! I love the old style too, the building has 4 grand ballrooms, a lounge and a restaurant and is still one of Baltimore's most popular wedding locations (great way to pick up drunk bridesmaids) so they keep the public areas slightly over-the-top; the entire lobby is marble, lots of gold trimmings, etc... here is the exterior of the main entrance and a lobby shot, to give you an idea

During a sunset the living-room temperate raises by about 10 degrees and it gets so bright I can't watch TV, I call it "reading hour"

Comment

• Chant
      Banned
      • Jun 2008

Pics I'd already posted in the other thread ("Furniture and interior living") have been deleted by the image hoster, and somebody asked me if I could post some again (but will remove them if I don't see pics of her in the WAYWT).
      Here they are.

Comment

• Chant
        Banned
        • Jun 2008

Layout of the premisses when I'm organizing classical indian music concerts here :

Pics of the kitchen and the batroom can be seen here.

Comment

• whitney
          • Dec 2009

thank you for satisfying my curiosity

those wooden (doors? not sure maybe cabinet) in the last pic looks awesome..did you or your dad carve and assembled it or did it come with the house already?

maybe when i have something new ..
          you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

Christian, I am quite amazed how you have managed to turn a place that could have been made a minimalist Habitat showroom for professional couples with no effort into something that feels like it has existed and been lived in for a while (with a lot of effort I suppose). Very different from how I live, but still magnifique.
            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

yeah, C's pad is awesome. can't argue. jaw dropped when encountered first and very happy to be a fairly frequent guest there when I'm in Paris.

Nice new sig, mr.beuys
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• comedyzen
                • May 2009

Wow....the tile inlay at the odd angle in the wood floor must have been fun to put in.

Comment

• endersgame
                  • Aug 2009

not my place, but i thought it was relevant to this thread..

Comment

• red120
                    • May 2010

Anyone lived in a darker scheme?

Thinking of doing up my future walls with dark grey paint.. looks nice in a picture or magazine, but maybe not so much to live in long term.
                    love.to: ENFANTS PERDUS Gothic Nouveau Jewelry | Elysieme Boutique

Comment

• swami
                      • Jul 2008

A converted loft in the YMCA bldg in NYC

Last edited by swami; 05-14-2010, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• swami
                        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by red120 View Post

Thinking of doing up my future walls with dark grey paint.. looks nice in a picture or magazine, but maybe not so much to live in long term.
                        Living with dark walls is all about accent lighting , We have a couple of charcoal walls in our pretty much white apt and it works very well.
                        At night it is awesome , In daylight you dont even notice it too much

Comment

• red120
                          • May 2010

Yeah, I agree about that. Dark, with warm tones feels a lot more inviting than white with cool tones, which just feels too clinical to me.

Probably preferences like you said, have friends who feel clean where I feel clinical.
                          love.to: ENFANTS PERDUS Gothic Nouveau Jewelry | Elysieme Boutique

Comment

• 951SoCal
                            • May 2010

i didn't do grey but i did black.

its not a good idea.

painting over it when you change your ind. YOU WILL change your mind. is one hell of a bitch

that and it makes the room depressing, makes it feell smaller (much smaller) and i ended up spending less time in it

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I wouldn't do it. It will get to you. I would like to repaint my living room in a very light gray though. Maybe this summer...
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Wow, swami, that's one seriously distasteful apartment. Jeebus.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎