Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interior WAYLT...where are you living today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by snafu View Post
    Everyone's reaction is so much white ...its not like im going for a margiela look but i live in a one bed flat in London and i want it to feel as big as possible.
    this. i've tried greys and other stuff, but nothing gives space like pure white and blank walls. oh, and placing furniture a bit away from walls helps too. (that would be the only thing i'd say to change with your setup...).

love the white fireplace you got.

Comment

• TheDivinitus
      • Jul 2011

Snafu, personally I like white, bare walls, including no presence of hanging cabinets in the kitchen.

I bought my place a couple years ago, ripped everything off to bare bones and started over. It was a long process, and not done yet... Here, typing it from my living room:

blog

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I need to paint my living room, or I will blow my brains out soon enough. As soon as the first issue goes to the printers, that will be my vacation. I want to do some wabi-sabi awesomeness.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by TheDivinitus View Post
          Snafu, personally I like white, bare walls, including no presence of hanging cabinets in the kitchen.

I bought my place a couple years ago, ripped everything off to bare bones and started over. It was a long process, and not done yet... Here, typing it from my living room:
          i had a peek at ur blog - gorgeous - and saw some of your place there - also gorgeous. looking forward to future input on sz from such a keen minimalist!

Comment

• syed
            • Sep 2010

Trying to get some wabi-sabi going. The dining room has very dramatic natural lighting because of the South facing wall of glass, and two skylights. But during the day it has really cool cast shadows, that mixed with the light, could look rather nice against a wall colour with a little depth to it. Trying to get my parents to go for a light grey-ish taupe, but it's hard shifting them from their rather odd predilection for cream.
            "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• TheDivinitus
              • Jul 2011

Shucks, thank you! Will do my best.
              blog

Comment

• comedyzen
                • May 2009

Home Office

Just completed converting a corner of my condo into a mini home office loft-nook. I live in a 1200 sq/ft, 1 BR with a large open space. Needed to carve a little area dedicated to my computer/work/papers/mess vs. using an open faced desk (which I did before and it really just broke up the flow of the space). The floor of my "office" is 1 foot off the ground and there is access underneath for storage. It was designed to be easily removed in case the future buyer doesn't want it. I really like it, but the gf is just OK with it.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Last edited by comedyzen; 08-01-2011, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• TypicalFashion
                  • Mar 2007

nice mounted LAX bookcase.

Comment

• endersgame
                    • Aug 2009

i dunno man, it looks like a witness stand..

Comment

• graydot
                      • Aug 2009

comedy, can't say that i'm totally sold on the idea of your small work cubicle. it's seems much too confined, and somewhat out of place within the context of your living space. plus, the step up seems pretty high eventhough i appears to have been done that way to match the height of the window sill. ultimately though, if it is practical for you and suits your needs, then why not.

Comment

• comedyzen
                        • May 2009

@T-Fashion: Good eye. I used to live down the street from MASH STUDIOS and really like their work. We also have the matching LAX TV console.

@ Endgame. Burn in Hell !!! Just kidding. I actually plan on standing on this Caesar style, to deliver my grand talks when I have guests over.

@Gray. You are spot on re: the reasoning for the height. I actually wanted it higher, but kept it at sill level. From the earlier pics, I can see why you think it is confined. However, it is like a Mini Cooper, seems small from the outside, but actually a decent amount of space on the inside:

Trust me. I realize this isn't for everyone and my tastes are not the norm, which is why I was very set on making this "easily removable" so it's not a deal breaker when I sell the place. Here is a layout of my place where I could have a workstation (I won't place a desk in the bedroom). A regular desk would really break up the flow.

Comment

• graydot
                          • Aug 2009

from within it is actually much more spacious, like you said. and if it can be easily removed, why not. you can always take it down if you decide it doesn't suit your needs. or if your gf's opinion wins out in the end.

Comment

• franz
                            • Mar 2011

Snafu, I love your place. Very impressive emptiness, is that a bit staged (or the result of hard-working prep before taking pics) or is this always so minimalist?

In a very different style, here are a few pics of mine. It's a rental (Paris real estate prices make me shiver), so I can't alter anything...
                            no pics for bedroom, walk-in closet and other rooms

Last edited by franz; 08-04-2011, 03:47 AM.
                            Originally posted by Faust
                            True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• clovn
                              • Apr 2010

Damn nice, franz. Considerate and cozy.

Comment

• whitney
                                • Dec 2009

yup
                                especially the rocking chair and the boom box height calender clock.
                                Last edited by whitney; 08-04-2011, 12:02 AM.
                                you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎