Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sargon97
    • Jan 2009

Just called around and it seems the S95 will be in stores late this month (although one place said late next month).

Comment

• theetruscan
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
      definitely seems like its rather a facelift than a new model though.
      For sure. Very modest changes indeed.
      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• endersgame
        • Aug 2009

fuji x100 announced at photokina..

f2
        hybrid viewfinder
        $1000

wasn't clear if this thing will focus like a normal rangefinder, if so, i'm getting it..

Pre-Photokina 2010: Fujifilm has announced the X100, a large-sensor compact camera aimed at professional and enthusiast photographers. Based around a 12Mp APS-C CMOS sensor, Fuji EXR processor and 23mm F2 Fujinon lens (equivalent to a 35mm semi-wideangle), the classically-styled camera features traditional analogue controls for shutter speed, aperture and exposure compensation. Of particular note is the new 'hybrid' viewfinder system which allows the user to switch between optical and electronic viewfinders and project detailed shooting information into the OVF. The spec is rounded off by 720p HD movie recording, a 460k dot 2.8" LCD, flash hot shoe, and magnesium alloy top and base-plate castings. The camera will be available from early 2011.

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

Fuck yeah. Looks like I've found my camera. Thanks e.
          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
            • Mar 2007

Re: Fuji X100

Just as I've finally tested and made up my mind to get the Ricoh GXR with the A12 50mm lens, along comes this beautiful, and (based on the announcement release) seemingly outstanding, piece from Fujifilm!

I was very impressed by the GXR with the A12 50mm lens. And having used the GRDII, I can't imagine a more well-thought-out UI and control placements than what Ricoh has developed. More importantly though, the image (raw) quality was simply remarkable!!

Enders...can't say i'm too familiar with Fujinon lens. Are they exceptional?

Been looking to get myself an APS-C sized sensor compact for awhile now. Leica X1's not worth its price. Really really liked the GXR, despite it's relatively slow AF, and that was the one i've decided on (till now), plus they just announced the A12 28mm lens unit. And now with the Fuji X100 thrown in the mix...

Comment

• Diego
              • Aug 2007

Yesterday we had the opportunity to try Arri Alexa for a horror film project will be shooting next January.

It's small, light weight, it has a nice display and the interface is easy to use. It's not my field but I thought it was impressive, it gave great quality images (paired with Zeiss master primes). The DP's verdict? "closer to film but not quite there yet, if you guys want digital we can do it with sony cinealta, if not then we'll do film"

I was going to post some tests (not by us) that I found on vimeo but have no idea how to do it .

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

I don't know much about videocameras, but that thing looks like business.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• endersgame
                  • Aug 2009

FTB, the x100 would be a great camera for you...

ABS, i've used Fujinon A series (cult lens for LF) and SW series lenses on large format in the past and they are some of the best glass you can get.. Although not as contrasty as the German counterparts (Rodenstock, Schneider), Fujinon renders very naturally. I would assume this x100 has the same standards. Someone mentioned the MTF charts looked good but i have no idea how to read them..

Diego, what line of work do you do?

Comment

• Diego
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                    Diego, what line of work do you do?
                    I own a workshop that does props, miniatures, sets and makeup effects for film, tv and advertising.

Comment

• shah
                      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                      fuji x100 announced at photokina..

f2
                      hybrid viewfinder
                      $1000

wasn't clear if this thing will focus like a normal rangefinder, if so, i'm getting it..

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1009/10...jifilmx100.asp
                      i really like this except for the fixed lens bit...

Comment

• jogu
                        • Jun 2009

anyone give me recommendations for a good basic cam ? idk much about cams and just want somethin basic , like i dont need anythin too fancy with bells n whistles ill know nothing about . i went to bestbuy and looked at some but didnt buy anything cos i have no idea what to even look for in a camera

Comment

• DmD
                          • Jul 2010

Leica m9

Anyone here have experience with the leica m9? Specifically focusing and low light shooting.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                            • Sep 2008

Comprehensive write-up on the M9

If I had 60K HKD in my bank account I suppose I'd pick up one of these...
                            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                              • Mar 2007

Leica M9

Another review here...
                              Three years ago Leica revealed the M8, its first digital rangefinder. The M8 looked similar to the film M7 but was a completely new body, with a 27 x 18 mm (1.3x FOV crop) 10 megapixel Kodak CCD sensor and no resolution-sapping anti-alias filter. However it wasn’t all plain sailing, all modern digital cameras feature a glass UV/IR filter in front of the sensor, and in the case of the M8 the design was particularly thin (just 0.5 mm) which turned out, in production, not to be strong enough. We along with several other testers noted this issue, and soon Leica were producing screw-on UV/IR filters for their lenses in order to eliminate the effects of such spectral pollution.

Limited edition M9

Comment

• endersgame
                                • Aug 2009

Diego, that's very cool. It's nice to hear people who do interesting things outside of sz..

shahan, the little sony nex or ricoh grx can change lenses, but might as well get a dslr. none of them have the retro styling on the fuji which i love..

jogu, look for one with a flip out lcd. easier to do waywt.

DmD, this is a question for rangefinderforum

If you actually buy an m9, try to use it and not keep it in mint condition on your bookshelf...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎