Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jonn
    • Mar 2008

Is anyone getting the new BESSA III?? would have instakopped if not so $$$$. thinking of getting a fujica GSW690II instead. anyone into medium format?

Comment

• cmitso412
      • Feb 2010

any opinions here on the canon t2i? I was going to buy a Nikon D300s but I found out that I can mount my Leica R lenses on the canon with an adaptor.

Comment

• syed
        • Sep 2010

The price difference between the T2i and D300s is pretty large so think accordingly.

The Nikon benefits from a huge 51 AF point system, which is really fast and accurate. Plus it has dual card slots, which is always helpful. It's all around awesome.

But the T2i is pretty damn good considering the cheaper price point. Still magnesium alloy and weatherproof, and the ergonomics are second to none. Oh and it has pretty good video (Canon's tend to be waaay better than Nikon's on that front) if you're into that. With your Leica lenses I'm sure it'll be fantastic taking photos or even videos. Just go in store and have a play around with it and see if you like it in your hands and when shooting.
        "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• cmitso412
          • Feb 2010

Thank you for the help syed, I will try to get over to b&h soon to check them both out and see what is what. on the other hand I needed something small and easy to carry, so I am now a proud member of the SZ s95 owners club.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Thoroughly impressed with the initial shots from the S95 in low lighting and without flash.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Just to confirm, the S95 has the standard mini-HDMI to HDMI connection to TV?
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endersgame
                • Aug 2009

it has the mini-hdmi to hdmi, but it does not have any hdmi cables, just a usb to red/white/yellow rca av cable.

Originally posted by Jonn View Post
                Is anyone getting the new BESSA III?? would have instakopped if not so $$$$. thinking of getting a fujica GSW690II instead. anyone into medium format?
                the fuji gf670 is cheaper. i was surprised as well..
                Last edited by endersgame; 12-01-2010, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• magic
                  • Feb 2009

been looking for a light and portable tripod for awhile now but still didnt come across any... any recommendation?
                  Focusing on object details

Comment

• endersgame
                    • Aug 2009

^^ velbon ultra/maxi series with trunnion shafts

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

Cullmann has a few that are around 1m tall and pack down to about 25cm. these are nto super stable but should work fine for a small camera, and also fit into a small bag.

Digipod
                      Pronto
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• magic
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                        ^^ velbon ultra/maxi series with trunnion shafts
                        Thanks mate^

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                        Cullmann has a few that are around 1m tall and pack down to about 25cm. these are nto super stable but should work fine for a small camera, and also fit into a small bag.

Digipod
                        Pronto
                        Thanks A i have heard good words on them. Checked their site but they seem like not doing any online orders..

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

you can find them in camera shops, maybe some online retailers and I think I got mine on ebay.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• magic
                            • Feb 2009

they dont have any distributor here.. i think getting it online is the only way.

Comment

• Fenix
                              • Aug 2010

Hoping someone may be able to recommend a decent value d-slr that won't break the bank. My girlfriend has been wanting one for sometime but even after reading reviews, I feel like I just don't have a good grasp for what I should be looking for.

Just to clarify, I'm not looking for a steal, just would rather not invest in something top of the line in case it doesn't see a ton of use.
                              Originally posted by hausofblaq
                              Grow up.

Comment

• shah
                                • Jul 2009

micro 4/3 sometimes fill the gap nicely between a high-end P&S and dslr. exchangeable lens system and compactness along with pretty impressive specs on the likes of the panasonic lumix gf1 (now gf2), and adaptors allow use of a whole range of lenses, both AF and MF if you happen to have some from film cameras you'd like to keep using...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎