X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • endersgame
    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
    i went for a samsung TL500 instead of a S95.

willing to sacrifice pocketability for 1.8f, flip-out screen, and longer battery life. cheaper too..
    forget what i said..i have both s95 and tl500 in my possession and i'm keeping the s95..

anybody want to buy a tl500?

Comment

• Fade to Black
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
      Like FtB, I really dislike carrying a chunk DSLR around
      i'm no longer in that group of mind, mate, these days i'm carrying around with me one of the chunkiest DSLRs you can find
      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

i'm about to become another proud s95 owner. for once, something i need coincides with black friday.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cmitso412
          • Feb 2010

did you find somewhere thats going to have a good deal on them?

Comment

• magic
            • Feb 2009

this is very detail explanation, thanks Yes..I am not really dare to touch this myself but i find interesting and like to learn more about this.

Been trying my 550D for couple of times and i noticed that when i half-press and hold the shutter button, i heard some kind of noise from the body itself, it like some kind of mechanism is running inside, but when i release it the noise is stop(tried this in a quite environment). Is it normal?

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
            for example, if you are taking a picture of a person standing in front of a wall, you focus on the persons face, but in the picture it appears out of focus while the wall is perfectly focused - this would be back focused.

this can usually tested with a ruler or some type of grid placed in an angle, here is an example of front focus. here, the camera focuses on the center (0 on the scale), but the focus in the image is too much in the front. this camera would need calibration. here is an example of very slight back focus. as you can see, the focus is a couple of mm's back from the center.

but its important to differentiate between this and just a poorly focused shot, which can be caused by either the target or camera moving or the camera focusing on the wrong area.

all in all, calibration is not something typically needed and should only be worried about if you actually notice the focus being continuously off in your images.
            Focusing on object details

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

^ sounds like its the image stabilizer that your lens probably has built in? it makes a low humming sound when you focus / press half way down on the shutter. there should be a switch for it on the lens as well.

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
              So the Nex-5 series was just briefly mentioned in this thread... has anyone had experience with it? Like FtB, I really dislike carrying a chunk DSLR around and the compact nature of the Nex-5 really appeals to me and the price is quite fair. I'm certainly open to other options that allow for different lenses while remaining compact and not making one of the asian persuasion look like a perpetual tourist in their own city hahaha
              it seems like a pretty good camera. in dslr's I usually advice to go for an actual camera manufacturer rather than a generic one, but in this category there really isn't much competition. the Panasonic GF-1 is a very similar camera that should be very good.

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
              forget what i said..i have both s95 and tl500 in my possession and i'm keeping the s95..
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• magic
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                ^ sounds like its the image stabilizer that your lens probably has built in? it makes a low humming sound when you focus / press half way down on the shutter. there should be a switch for it on the lens as well.
                it does have build in IS in my lens. i tried to hear it again and it seem like coming from the lens.. and it usually ends with a 'zi' sound. is that normal?

edit: i found this artical which a guy had a similar issue click. yes, its the IS is working^ youre a pro A!
                Last edited by magic; 11-15-2010, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by cmitso412 View Post
                  did you find somewhere thats going to have a good deal on them?
                  according to slickdeals.net forums this will be a pretty hot item during black friday, so holding out for that. i will probably buy it from J&R - they have a pricematching policy. I tried it yesterday and it worked on matching the Walmart price. Both Walmart and Amazon have it now for $350 (Amazon throws in a 4GB card). But, yeah, I don't want to shop at Walmart.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• magic
                    • Feb 2009

what do you guys usually did to up loading an image on photobucket/imageshack etc without droping the quality? i uploaded at photobucket and the quality became low and pixel..

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

resize the picture beforehand, otherwise the hosting service will do it automatically which decreases the quality. 600-700 pixels wide is usually good for forum use, then you can just link it at 100%.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• magic
                        • Feb 2009

thanks A. i actually did resized it using 'Paint' before making an uploading, but the quality still drop. or is there any better software that are good for resizing images?

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

most hosting services keep it at the same quality as long as its linked in the original / full size form, so the quality probably dropped when resizing.

there are hundreds of programs, Photoshop, Paintshop Pro... there are many free ones as well like Paint.NET, I haven't tried these so no idea how well they work. check here: http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pix...eephotoedw.htm

Comment

• magic
                            • Feb 2009

thanks A^ will check it out those

Comment

• syed
                              • Sep 2010

^ GIMP works really well, it's pretty much a carbon copy of Photoshop!
                              "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• Fade to Black
                                • Sep 2008

I've never owned or even used Photoshop in my life...don't really believe in digital post-processing, but I'm hearing that I may eventually have to 'fix things up a bit' if i'm going to make prints...?
                                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎