• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

The Chemical Brothers - Elektrobank.

Such a fantastic video.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mortalveneer
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      The Chemical Brothers - Elektrobank.

Such a fantastic video.

Chemical Bros - Star Guitar (video)

is a long time favourite...
      I am not who you think I am

Comment

• endersgame
        • Aug 2009

i'll marry anyone who can do the vocals in great gig in the sky.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$Next ►► http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=FXINAPam8Y4 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

/\ Yes, it's awesome (meaning chem bros video).

Einstürzende Neubauten-Sabrina. For some reason I could never get into EN properly, but this song is so beautiful...
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• klangspiel
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by croatoan View Post
            Yamashita is great.
            yamashita always brings to mind two other fantastic japanese jazz pianist of the same generation but perhaps lesser known - katsuyuki itakura and yoriyuki harada. the harada footage below (2nd one) is particularly good - has a certain shoji hano stroking the skins. hano is likely someone i'd model myself after if i were a drummer or percussionist. him, buddy rich or tony williams. but by comparison, the latter two seem like bombasts to hano's breath of effortless haiku. i've attended his solo performances a number of times. always something new to see and learn.

Originally posted by pseudogoat View Post
            definitely some great choices here. relatively new around here and seeing this here did undoubtedly come as a little bit of a surprise.
            welcome, fellow brethren of the METAL!
            great call on goat m and mgla. haven't heard gm in a long time. i like the ep they put out last year under a new name, grave miasma.
            the uk has many great bands at the moment but a shame how rarely global attention goes their way. most people seem to think the scene there is dead, which is far from the truth.

Originally posted by hamletpowpowpow View Post
            Man, yr lady is pretty rad.
            Where in the world are you, klang?
            australia, mate. yea, she's one crazy fine gal. bleeds metal thru and thru. cooks a mean sărmăluţe cu mămăligă and ćevapčići as well.

a correction on the previous post: posted the wrong disgorge. meant to be the one from mexico and not the san diegan outfit. rightly told off for that mistake . sick stuff all the same, perhaps with the mexicans a touch sicker.

Last edited by klangspiel; 02-02-2010, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• pseudogoat
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by klangspiel View Post
              welcome, fellow brethren of the METAL!
              great call on goat m and mgla. haven't heard gm in a long time. i like the ep they put out last year under a new name, grave miasma.
              the uk has many great bands at the moment but a shame how rarely global attention goes their way. most people seem to think the scene there is dead, which is far from the truth.
              the ep's fairly cool, some songs have a serious necros christos vibe though (which is sort of a given i guess).

regarding uk metal-ish bands; my recent favourite is definitely this:
              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

...if the cure weren't wimps.

you bother to catch destroyer last month, klang?

also, how do i do these cool embed things on this forum?

Comment

• croatoan
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by klangspiel View Post
                yamashita always brings to mind two other fantastic japanese jazz pianist of the same generation but perhaps lesser known - katsuyuki itakura and yoriyuki harada. the harada footage below (2nd one) is particularly good - has a certain shoji hano stroking the skins. hano is likely someone i'd model myself after if i were a drummer or percussionist. him, buddy rich or tony williams. but by comparison, the latter two seem like bombasts to hano's breath of effortless haiku. i've attended his solo performances a number of times. always something new to see and learn.
                Hano is seriously amazing. His sheer power is quite unbelievable. Him and Ikuro Takahashi (Che-Shizu, MSHB, LSD-March, Kosokuya, High Rise, etc etc etc) are probably my favourites. Due to their insistence of showing off, I generally don't like drummers in a lot of free music, but I think these two are truly special. I think it takes true skill to restrain arrogance and play with a more pure personality.
                Last edited by croatoan; 02-07-2010, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                  • Feb 2009

Let's have some acieeeeeeeeeeeeeed!

Gamble 202: Jazzy (1995).

Comment

• galia
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by merz
                    had to do a double-take. if there had been a single word i never expected to see on sz, it was probably "mamaligă".. o, the joys of romanian home cookin'
                    Oh god me either
                    I have to ask my grandmother to make me some soon, I'm getting too skinny for my own good, that should do the trick

Comment

• swami
                      • Jul 2008

Charlotte Gainsbourg IRM .... Tks Lowery!
                      Nina Kinert ..... tks BecomingIntense
                      Band of Horses ..... tks random Gym buddy
                      Radiohead ........ Tks Universe!

Comment

• croatoan
                        • Jul 2007

RIP

Comment

• klangspiel
                          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by merz
                          had to do a double-take. if there had been a single word i never expected to see on sz, it was probably "mamaligă".. o, the joys of romanian home cookin'
                          in the spirit of keeping this thread on topic,

Originally posted by croatoan View Post
                          Hano is seriously amazing. His sheer power is quite unbelievable. Him and Ikuro Takahashi (Che-Shizu, MSHB, LSD-March, Kosokuya, High Rise, etc etc etc) are probably my favourites.
                          they're all amazing. have to mention sabu toyozumi as well. still going strong. legendary status pretty much sealed with his participation in new direction unit and various takayanagi / abe collaborations. here's him playing somewhat "straight" free jazz.

Originally posted by pseudogoat View Post
                          you bother to catch destroyer last month, klang?
                          nah mate, didn't bloody make it. had tickets but something came up at the 11th hour. cocked up timing. would've loved to see vomitor as well.

for old time's sake:

the caterwauling guitar intro gets me everytime.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                            • Sep 2008

let's see how long till Prince gets the audio on this replaced with barbie girl or some shit

www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• thaiison
                              • Dec 2009

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                                • Feb 2009

Revelation: Stairway to Heaven (1992).

A very helpful, knowledgable and spirited Belgian label director sold me this pre-rave techno classic. A scarse gem with original synth operations, notably characterized by the joy of new sounds, the play with new machines.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎