• qazwsx
    • Feb 2012

really diggin this
    nice long build up, sudden climax after the short speech
    "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

• udbrud
      • Dec 2013

Inspired by the previous Kevin Drumm posts, I've been listening to the Venexia collaboration LP with Capece, Dörner and Vainio. Stress music in the best possible way.
      Sample here on Soundcloud.

Comment

• amsicora
        • Feb 2011

with warning
        and
        without any warning

Comment

• lost53
          • Dec 2010

PERC - the power and the glory.

Next level

Comment

• Czx
            • Feb 2011

I had/have mixed feelings about LIES all the time but damn me if I didn't fell in love with this album. Not only did it perfectly hit the spot of my current needs but it's just so soulful, so beautifully soulful and sunny. Like dancing on sand on a warm summer night.

So playing this in one of my drink induced improvised sets when we'll be out in the forest with my friends this year.
            néant
            Last.FM paranoia
            Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
            0 > ∞

Comment

• Mirror&Rack
              • Sep 2007

Kastle (2013)

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

[QUOTE=Czx;450640]I had/have mixed feelings about LIES all the time but damn me if I didn't fell in love with this album. Not only did it perfectly hit the spot of my current needs but it's just so soulful, so beautifully soulful and sunny. Like dancing on sand on a warm summer night.QUOTE]

yeah i've dismissed LIES pretty much, regardless of what music they produce. sometimes it's about more than the product... i'd rather go bunker records or crème org. any day.

perc's album is out now.

Comment

• udbrud
                  • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                  yeah i've dismissed LIES pretty much, regardless of what music they produce. sometimes it's about more than the product... i'd rather go bunker records or crème org. any day.
                  I'm curious as to why you've dismissed the label in that case? If it's not due to the quality of the music or the products they produce in that case.
                  I agree that Bunker and Crème are excellent labels, but I can't see much to dislike about L.I.E.S. apart from the excessive hype, and that's not really the label's fault.

Last couple of days I've been listening to the master for the upcoming Damaskin - Unseen Warfare 12" on the french label Unknown Precept. For people who are into the more industrialized techno side of aforementioned Perc, this is something to look out for when it's released in March.
                  There's some samples here via Soundcloud.

Comment

• Shucks
                    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by udbrud View Post
                    I can't see much to dislike about L.I.E.S.
                    guess i just prefer innovators.

Originally posted by Czx View Post

So playing this in one of my drink induced improvised sets when we'll be out in the forest with my friends this year.
                    invite, please.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                      • Jul 2013

Really digging Have a Life - The Unnatural World. Great follow up to Deathconsciousness.
                      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

I somehow missed the fact Bret Easton Ellis has a podcast.
                        First couple are with Kanye and Manson. Not half bad…

Controversial best-selling author and screenwriter Bret Easton Ellis delivers a weekly glimpse into one of popular culture's most fascinating minds. The entertainment industry's top writers, directors, actors and musicians will join Bret to discuss the issues and complexities that keep the creative world turning as we experience this intriguing period in our planet's history. The same sensibilities that have formed Bret's impressive catalog in literature and film will be on display with each and every new episode.
                        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

you know he's doing a movie script for kanye, right? pretty funny..

Comment

• udbrud
                            • Dec 2013

guess i just prefer innovators.
                            Which in this case means Bunker and Créme? Both of which share several artists with LIES.
                            Even if LIES share some aesthetic choices with both those labels - that's hardly a secret - then it's still managed to put together a roster of fairly high-quality output with a, within a house/dance framework, quite diverse selection of artists with varied expressions. I think that's a pretty good feat. Again the main issue seems to be the fact that LIES has in fact brought a heap of imitators with it, because somehow their aesthetic ended up being more "hip-compatible".
                            Very, very few labels working in the electronic dance-oriented sphere has managed to be purely and consistently innovative since some time in the '90's. Most things are in some way derivative of something else - luckily there's still some that manage to at least put a new spin on it or update the aesthetic ever so slightly.
                            Point here isn't so much that I feel strongly about defending LIES, more that I find unsubstantiated dismissive arguments quite pointless.

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

to be honest i don't care what you think. if you wanna support hipster labels, go right ahead.

Comment

• udbrud
                                • Dec 2013

to be honest i don't care what you think. if you wanna support hipster labels, go right ahead.
                                Haha, figures.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎