Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fncyths
    • Apr 2010

/ \ cheers man! Dig your pop track of the day! That's a groove I can get behind!
    Originally posted by Shucks
    it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
    Originally posted by interest1
    I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• endorphinz
      Banned
      • Jun 2009

^
      did you go to the confessional after you typed that? ;)

it is a really wonderful track... in my top 5 3 minute songs of all time... perfect to my ears. I really dig the band.. LA psych/jazz fusion or whateva.. sound was always compared to the blossoming SF sound of the same period. Randy California was an extremely talented musician (Jimi thought so too) and he left us too soon but unlike most RnR tragedies,he died a noble death. ..

hope Jimi & he are giggin in the sky

side note: named my cocker spaniel "Spirit".... she ended up overdosing on no doze.... that's anotha story

btw: my beach house is probably close to yours and interest's ;)... maybe I spend too much time there... but the view is magnificent.... and it's paid for.

there's so much posing on this forum with people looking for acceptance & praise. I've come to expect it with the fashion/style comments but it's infiltration into the music threads is particularly annoying;especially the critiquing of one's manner of appreciation...

not that there's anything wrong with that [sad]

so

every now and again, NYC gets weather right. Today is one such occasion....PERFECT!
      to celebrate I put the top down and drove listening to this uplifting & bouncy stuff

I smiled and enjoyed all the bus fumes I could inhale.

Comment

• LelandJ
        Banned
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
        stop listening to whatever it is you're listening to. this is as raw as it gets.

(click image)
        I skimmed through your linked mix, a bit euro pop-ish friendly which doesn't seem raw to me. I suggest this newly released Ron Hardy mix from 1987, the hardcore techno section starts 11 minutes in but I recommend from the beginning.

Uptempo R&B mixed in gives the decadence a lot more diversity. The Hayes Can't Turn Around edits are epic for the industrial dancefloor.

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

i love ron hardy and chicago old school as much as the next guy but there is no techno (and absolutely positively zero "hardcore techno") in that mix. it's house, acid house and soul/disco. and yes, there is a difference even if labels don't matter too much.

and i'm not sure what u r talking about andreas gehm's mix being "euro-pop friendly". i think u're just trying to piss me off. so i'm done discussing stuff w/ u.

Comment

• malaesthetique
            • Mar 2009

Comment

• endorphinz
              Banned
              • Jun 2009

^not bad....and i mean that in the best way....honestly

my recent comment about great 3 min tracks got me thinking. baker & bruce might be offended by any reference to pop but all bets are off regading clapton & harrison. in any event,another great 3 min "pop" track

i cant be the only dude who appreciates "perfect packages". I'd love to hear some of yours. hey, i get that my frame of reference is much different that yours and that i have very little knowledge of electronic music. i'm always attempting to expand my horizons so why don't you guys post "perfect" electronic tracks...not long sets but short tracks...or is that an oxymoron?..

of course perfect "conventional" tracks are also werlcomed

honestly guys...NO DISRESPECT INTENDED

Comment

• DudleyGray
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post

i cant be the only dude who appreciates "perfect packages". I'd love to hear some of yours. hey, i get that my frame of reference is much different that yours and that i have very little knowledge of electronic music. i'm always attempting to expand my horizons so why don't you guys post "perfect" electronic tracks...not long sets but short tracks...or is that an oxymoron?..

of course perfect "conventional" tracks are also werlcomed

honestly guys...NO DISRESPECT INTENDED
                I'll bite:

It's old but I still love it today. I listen to and enjoy pop and rock music fwiw.
                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
                  why don't you guys post "perfect" electronic tracks
                  here u go

Comment

• endorphinz
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2009

^
                    thanks for playing (NO SARCASM)

I am unable to play the video you posted. Is it the same as this?

nice,pleasant track ... wrapped in a tight package. easy to listen to and not offensive to my ears.
                    I use these terms because it reminds me of my studio 54 daze where I was often bombarded by tracks that did assault my ears. I'm a rock n roll junkie at heart but was forced to put up with disco in order to mingle with the "beautiful people" I really preferred HURRAH to 54 but sometimes the scene @ 54 was impossible to resist

How would you classify that track? I know reducing music to "genres" is stoopid but I have such limited knowledge of electronica and I'm hoping to build a rudimentary foundation.

and another of my perfect pop packages

Comment

• severin
                      • Feb 2011

take me up to the top of the city

Comment

• flashoflight
                        • Sep 2013

May want to stay away if you don't like repetitive stuff.

Comment

• casem
                          • Sep 2006

Don't bother listening to anyone else play it.

The original #beentrill

music

Comment

• endorphinz
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2009

I've posted this a few times before... perfect pop

Comment

• schemedream
                              • Jan 2013

Unreleased remix by Synkro. Only up on soundcloud.

New album 'Model of You' out now (14th July in America) iTunes: smarturl.it/ModelOfYou Webstore (physical/digital): bit.ly/SDAIst Follow @CloudBoat: http://cloudboat.co.uk http://facebook.com/

Haven't been able to stop listening.

Comment

• 550BC
                                • Jan 2013

a fish out of water dies

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎