Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

guess i have this thread all to myself now.

saw these at andreas murkudis. gorgeous texture and detailing... they said cups and plates were machine washable. hmm...

Comment

• thehouseofdis
      • Jan 2010

^nice! is that a vase pictured, or one of the cups?
      THE HOUSE OF DIS
      embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

it's a vase - i used it since it was a big picture which showed the texture. the whole series is apparently made by casting the porcelain from plaster molds done on paper models. hence the paper-like structures and surfaces. they are very thin and delicate. insides are obviously glazed...

there's another version of the series which is wholly glazed and painted with traditional chinese motifs. i like the white better, of course - everything except the teapot which is a bit too much even in white. produced by nymphenburg.

Last edited by Shucks; 10-23-2010, 05:02 AM.

Comment

• bestial
          • Jun 2008

Those are nice, thought about buying one last year, but IIRC they where sold out or something, maybe too expensive. :)

I'm looking for a lamp that matches/works size wise with the Kartell Componibili,

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

assuming it's for placing on the kartell piece, i'd go with something a bit light and technical looking to avoid retro overload. artemide's tolomeo mini desk version maybe? something along those lines anyway...

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

its the first one that came to my mind as well. I wasn't going to mention it since I feel like its a bit played out, but what the hell, it is a nice and classic looking lamp.

how about a Box Light:

or a Tab T:

this is my favourite table light (have one on my desk), but it might be too big/long for the Kartell?

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bestial
                • Jun 2008

I had a white Tab T in mind as well. It's not expensive in relation to others, but I have a nagging feeling that for the money I coud get something else (but I might fool myself). Have thought about a Tolomeo, but think I want a white lamp.

The box light is cool, but maybe to little light if I want to read lying in bed.

I like Milk from &Tradition, a bit more playful, but the legs and size might look odd on the Componibili

PS: Never said that this was going to be placed at my bed, but it will! :)
                Last edited by bestial; 10-24-2010, 02:41 AM.

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

it's a bit tricky since i'm definitely not really a fan of componibili or similar space-age retro pieces. but maybe you are into that stuff more than i am and then perhaps you should just go with something like citterio's dalú or aulenti's pileo

Comment

• bestial
                    • Jun 2008

I'm not a space nerd, more of a modern scandinavian nerd with some industrial influences and also with a childish undertone in some parts (have you seen the Astack candle holders?). The Componibili will be in a perfect none-space companion.

I like to change stuff and not always have the same stuff out.

Apropå det, är inte modulsoffan från Kartell du köpte lite rymdig? :)

Edit, lowrey the Lumina Daphine is really nice, but as you said, might be a bit big.
                    Last edited by bestial; 10-24-2010, 05:10 AM.

Comment

• bestial
                      • Jun 2008

Looking around at Flos just makes me wanna buy a Toio

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

hah fan vad svenskar här är. men nja, jag vill gärna tro att min soffa (leverans idag/imorn!) är litet mer strikt i formen...

toio . maybe you could consider a nice sleek wall-mounted lamp over your bed rather than something for the kartell nightstand? that would leave the top of the componibili free for books and cigarettes...

Comment

• bestial
                          • Jun 2008

Vi är en hel hög, strikta former hör väl även det rymden till? Kartell överlag är ju lite rymdiga, personligen känner jag att det har med ens övriga inredning att göra.

Of course, I have been checking out wall light too, but haven't really found any interesting. Tolomeo is there, but then I rather buy a table lamp from them. Or the Flos 265, but it's expensive.

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Shucks View Post

Love the collection. It reminds me a bid of some Droog porcelain I own.

While I love design from the Bauhaus and its contemporaries I really think texture and defects or arbitrary results makes for more meaningful designs.

Life is full of unknowns and that's what makes it scary as well as beautiful.
                            THE HOUSE OF DIS
                            embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                              Of course, I have been checking out wall light too, but haven't really found any interesting.
                              guess it depends on what you find interesting. i like to keep things a bit discreet - here's some i like...

fortebraccio

tolomeo basculante parete

tolomeo diffusore

aj royal wall

luxy (rotaliana)

kelvin

or if you wanna get more poetic...

lucellino
                              Last edited by Shucks; 10-27-2010, 05:52 AM.

Comment

• bestial
                                • Jun 2008

I almost had my mind on getting the tolomeo diffusore a couple of months ago, but something holds me back. a small feeling that it could look like something you find at your grandma. the tolomeo basculante parete feels more technical and masculine.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎