Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bestial
    • Jun 2008

Speaking of wallpapers, saw that Piet Hein Eek has come out with some scrapwood wallpapers, these look awesome!

Comment

• Carpe Noctem
      • Dec 2010

That's so dope. Really really liking that, nice post.
      "My Roll is to Rock"
      -Jimmy Page

Comment

• thehouseofdis
        • Jan 2010

Piet Hein Eek does some great work. I first came across his designs at WALTER in in Antwerp. He's not very well represented in the US, which is a good thing and a bad thing.
        THE HOUSE OF DIS
        embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• TypicalFashion
          • Mar 2007

I can't for the life of me find a good low media storage cabinet to put the television on top of and keep records in... looked all over. Kind of liking the blu dot piece seen here, but I need to be able to put remote controlled equipment inside, and see what the hell i'm doing so all cabinets are out... price is nice on it though

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

(click image...)

just thought i'd share this. beautiful leather objects and fantastic craftsmanship. used to have a store in milan (brera), but i don't think it's there anymore.
            Last edited by Shucks; 01-25-2011, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• ndependence
              • Dec 2010

Hopefully this hasn't been posted already but I love this place. I would be happy as a clam in such a pad... I guess I can only dream for now.

Source: http://www.designspongeonline.com/20...p-brinson.html

Comment

• endersgame
                • Aug 2009

marcel wanders shadow lamp.

someone i know has one in their apartment and it looks so fucking cool. once you see it in a room, it will completely freak you out in a good way..

Originally posted by TypicalFashion View Post
                blu dot piece seen here
                blu dot is cheap and looks ok, but really crap quality..

Comment

• endersgame
                  • Aug 2009

i just came from the dwr annex in jersey and scored four Eames dowel-leg arm chairs in black and a round table with white top and chrome legs.

what sort of soft ceiling lamp should i get to illuminate the table?

Comment

• endersgame
                    • Aug 2009

they were open box specials in brand new condition with paperwork for $381 each. i think the DAW armchairs are $500 retail. Not bad I suppose..

Comment

• bestial
                      • Jun 2008

Congrats enders, I've read that dwr annex use to have some good prices!

I like the Tom Dixon Copper Shade/Mirror Balls over tables, the shape of them would complement the round table.

Myself I have four naked big bulbs over my table, not that cozy, though, but I like it.

Comment

• endersgame
                        • Aug 2009

thanks bestial, i'm looking for something softer that allows light to bleed.

i saw this in a store recently (epak environment?), it's a flourescent lamp with a tyvek pillow shade. the table lamp version looks great, but i'd seriously consider this for as a ceiling lamp..

edit: just found out these lamps are prototypes and not for sale unless i get the gigantic one which is several feet wide and long..

Comment

• bestial
                          • Jun 2008

Yeah, I figured.

But do you want it low, hanging from the ceiling down over the table, or a lamp up in the ceiling (plafond? english translation ain't with me right now lol))

EDIT: Etch Brass light from Tom

Soft in another way then through paper and such, with a dimmer it would be cool.

Foscarinis Big Bang gives a mellow light

or the Arne Jacobsen (&Tradition) Hotel Royal

But when I think about paper/cotton-outers on lamps Flos Ariette comes to mind, but that's a wall lamp.
                          Last edited by bestial; 01-30-2011, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• endersgame
                            • Aug 2009

i want it to hang, but not so low that my head bangs on it. that tyvek lamp may be too soft for my needs. this will also be the main light to illuminate the table and the room so wattage should be fairly high.

i guess i kind of want both, a directional light for the table and a semi-translucent shade to let light out..

Comment

• bestial
                              • Jun 2008

To give mood lightning to a dinner table I often find candles to be of better use. Cause it can be hard to find a soft light that will give you the proper lightning when you want to use the table for work or likewise.

A dimmer might solve some problems though?

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

might not be what you are looking for, but a few ceiling lamps I like:

Ingo Maurer Kabokov (expensive..)

Diesel/Foscarini Fork suspension

Lumina Matrix

Nemo Logo

Ingo Maurer Zettel

We have the Nemo in our bedroom, its one of my favourite lamps as its very minimal and easily lights up the room with a 200W halogen. I think the Diesel one would also work on its own as it directs the light both upwards and down, as well as letting some through the shade. I've been wanting to get the floor lamp version of it myself. The Zettel would probably also light up a room nicely without being too bright.
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎