X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheNotoriousT
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by KM80 View Post
    Hey Thorsten if you're into the torrents you can grab it here, with English subs:

That's where I got it yesterday and it downloaded super quick, watched it last night and it's insane! nice recommendation Nate.
    Aight man, thanks a lot and will check that later. Also just saw on amazon that it will be out on blu ray in august.
    Gonna get me a copy.
    "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• maldoror
      • Jun 2007

^ enter the void

seeing it on the 15th

psyched

Comment

• CommieRabbit
        • Oct 2007

Enter the Void was one most boring movies I've seen in a while.

Certainly unique and visually astonishing. Hard to describe, but worth watching if only the significance of it.

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

What is that? It looks fucking disturbing.

Great photo, by the way.
          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• swami
            • Jul 2008

Iam not a big Haneke fan but THE WHITE RIBBON albeit a little dragged out is pretty brilliant!

Whoever did the subtitles has an amazing command of the English language!

Comment

• MoFiya
              • Sep 2007

Recently watched Fellinis 8 1/2.... such a great movie. With a beautiful Anouk Aimée
              Best thing was the monologue of that slim guy in the car at the end of the film.. (dunno who the hell he was)
              Will def. watch again...

I have dreams of orca whales and owls
              But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

Sam Taylor-Wood's "Nowhere Boy"...Aaron Johnson looks a bit buff to be Lennon, no? The characterizations didn't remind me so much of John and Paul, but as a bittersweet drama shot in that perpetually autumnal chiaroscuro of suburban England that I'm always fond of the movie was not bad.
                www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
                  Recently watched Fellinis 8 1/2.... such a great movie. With a beautiful Anouk Aimée
                  Best thing was the monologue of that slim guy in the car at the end of the film.. (dunno who the hell he was)
                  Will def. watch again...
                  Yes, the scriptwriter is the best character there! He's got some intelligent things to say.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sam_tem
                    • Apr 2007

everlasting moments

a well crafted film with gorgeous cinematography which is fitting with photography playing a significant role in the plot. however, the movie still ends on a flat note for me. not sure if it's just that this is a story told countless times over (i'll settle for cassavetes if i want to see drunken spouses going at it) or if it's because most of the characters still feel like strangers at the end of the movie due to lack of involvement. too many unanswered questions and lack of depth to make the story meaningful to me, but it's still a great period drama.

stroszek

despite always being mentioned as one of Herzog's better films, i was still surprised at just how good this was (perhaps because i just recently suffered through port of call: new orleans). i always enjoy movies that focus on the wide open spaces and dead end towns that dot the american landscape (i do hail from texas) and i'll add herzog to the list of european directors that are able to capture the failed dreams, despair and heartbreak that come as the flip side of living in the land of hope (ie. wim wenders' paris,tx and lous malle's atlantic city). the ending is so vague and perverse that it couldn't possibly be anymore american. i'm sure it makes lynch and jarmusch grin from ear to ear.

Comment

• Jonn
                      • Mar 2008

^i like it too. also watched hukkle..its just too slow and not my cup of tea.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

von Trier's Antichrist - the prologue sequence was an utter stroke of genius - there was no way the rest of the film could've been anything that lived up to it, and so while decent enough, it ultimately didn't. Those first few minutes are the best thing he's done since Breaking the Waves.

absolutely can't wait to watch Inception this weekend, am expecting it to be nothing less than one of the top 10 movies I've ever watched.
                        www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                          • Jan 2010

Just watched Inception last night. All I can say is my brain has been used to it's full potential to fully understand the awesomeness in this film. If I told you the ending you wouldn't understand, it has to be watched to be understood. I'm watching it again to see if there are any plot holes but I'm almost certain there is none. Christopher Nolan outdid himself and I'm quite disappointed. Disappointed because not many movies are made with this sort of intelligence in mind. A masterpiece.
                          MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Nemesis_4
                            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Farkhanyassin View Post
                            Just watched Inception last night. All I can say is my brain has been used to it's full potential to fully understand the awesomeness in this film. If I told you the ending you wouldn't understand, it has to be watched to be understood. I'm watching it again to see if there are any plot holes but I'm almost certain there is none. Christopher Nolan outdid himself and I'm quite disappointed. Disappointed because not many movies are made with this sort of intelligence in mind. A masterpiece.
                            I'm jealous, I'm going as soon as I get a chance, idk if I'm ready for it....

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Weird, I never even thought of going to see that.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                                • Jan 2010

I think it's worth a watch. Maybe I find it great because every single movie (excluding Toy Story :P) has been underwhelming this year. Most of them are too 'as a matter of fact' for my liking and I prefer thinking movies and it's also why I find myself going back to old DVDs often just ton satisfy myself. There is a lot of depth in the script and like most Christopher Nolan movies, starts off with action. There are times in the movie where I found myself close to tears and thinking "that makes sense" although in real life none of this is deemed possible (for the time being).

There are atrocities like 'The Killers' which was puke-worthy and I can never take back that one-and-a-half hours of my life but thanks to movies like Inception it has managed to put cinema back to equilibrium and despite the 2 and a half hour running time, everything goes by very quickly, but nothing feels rushed.
                                MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎