• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ahimsa
    Vegan Police
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
    Camilla Norrback aint anything bit a piece of shit. They're so self righteous about being organic and environmentally friendly, and still I see them producing things in India with fabrics of unknown origin like any other company. Just thought you should know.
    I had no idea! Thank you for illuminating me, though I am now a bit saddened by such news.
    StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Ahimsa
      Vegan Police
      • Sep 2011

Victoria Bartlett is featured on style.com for her new Spring 2012 vegan shoes. Article is here.

Comment

• Ahimsa
        Vegan Police
        • Sep 2011

^ I love Gareth Pugh, but they don't have any in my size. Sadness =(

Comment

• michael_kard
          • Oct 2010

The company I worked for in the summer imported Melissa, and they could basically produce any kind of shoe, from platforms and wedges to stiletto heels. Which makes me wonder why Gareth designed these flat and as such horrible looking shoes. What a wasted opportunity.
          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• xmattyx
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
            The company I worked for in the summer imported Melissa, and they could basically produce any kind of shoe, from platforms and wedges to stiletto heels. Which makes me wonder why Gareth designed these flat and as such horrible looking shoes. What a wasted opportunity.
            Please proxy me a pair of the M-Zero derbies! I can't find them anywhere anymore.

Comment

• michael_kard
              • Oct 2010

Really? 1 2 3 4 5
              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Ahimsa
                Vegan Police
                • Sep 2011

^Cute stuff.

Ute Decker
                Recycled silver and fairtrade gold jewelry.

Comment

• xmattyx
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                  Really? 1 2 3 4 5
                  I'll be damned. Thanks!

Comment

• Ahimsa
                    Vegan Police
                    • Sep 2011

...because I cater to non-vegans as well.
                    Helen Furber

"Helen uses ‘natureally‘ organic leather, the only tannery worldwide to guarantee the Soil Association‘s highest standards of animal welfare. Each unique piece of leather is sourced from Organic British rare breed cattle and is free of toxic chemicals such as chrome, varnish or other plastic coatings. On the ultimate luxury level, Helen explains that “the ‘exotic’ skins in my designs are from animals killed for meat – fish and ostrich, and come from Atlantic leather tannery in Iceland, which still use traditional tanning techniques as well as local geothermal energy to power their plant.”

Comment

• Ahimsa
                      Vegan Police
                      • Sep 2011

Supplii wooden totes/clutches.
                      "Low VOC glues, water- based finishes, recycled packaging."

Comment

• Haven
                        • Oct 2011

Barbara I Gongini makes some really edgy womenswear stuff and as far as I know, her production is eco-friendly

Comment

• Skye X
                          • Oct 2010

Does anyone know what the material is that Vegetarian Shoes uses for their boots? Mine are 5 years old and still going strong, and I use them HARD.

Their jackets and pants are made of cheap material, though. I told them they should use the same stuff as the boots, and they said it would be too stiff. They don't think there's a market, but they obviously haven't seen the super thick Julius/Carol leathers...

Anyway, I ask because I want to do some "leatherworking", and I'm vegan, but pleather/pvc/vinyl is all crap.

Also, contributing: http://mooshoes.com and http://www.bravegentleman.com both have excellent selections. Also http://studsandspikes.com for accessories.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                            Vegan Police
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Skye X View Post
                            Does anyone know what the material is that Vegetarian Shoes uses for their boots? Mine are 5 years old and still going strong, and I use them HARD.

Their jackets and pants are made of cheap material, though. I told them they should use the same stuff as the boots, and they said it would be too stiff. They don't think there's a market, but they obviously haven't seen the super thick Julius/Carol leathers...

Anyway, I ask because I want to do some "leatherworking", and I'm vegan, but pleather/pvc/vinyl is all crap.

Also, contributing: http://mooshoes.com and http://www.bravegentleman.com both have excellent selections. Also http://studsandspikes.com for accessories.
                            Depends on what shoes you have. Here is their list of all the materials they use. The ones I wear are made of the Vegetarian Bucky, which is a microfiber, and they're extremely durable.
                            rilu and I actually had a talk about sourcing vegan leather and through the process found this. Though I'm sure she could illuminate you more on the subject.

I actually have products from all of the above sites XD. The BraveGentleMan shoes (by Novacas) are amazing! Instead of putting faux leather on canvas like Vegetarian Shoes does, it's one solid material like normal leather. Though I would still always recommend Vegetarian Shoes as well, with your original statement in mind, solely based on their durability. That and they're quite cheaper obviously...

Haven, she was mentioned several pages back, and her stuff is indeed eco-friendly (leather, etc. debatable obviously), but I thank you for the contribution, I've been looking at her stuff a lot recently...

Comment

• Ahimsa
                              Vegan Police
                              • Sep 2011

rilu, Joshua Katcher told me that's how they do it...er at least I'm pretty sure that's what he told me. Mine are quite obviously made like that though...Are yours perchance made up of layers? Or do they have something that looks like a lining?

Comment

• Skye X
                                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by rilu
                                Hmm, I can't see any lining in this upper part of the boot, it just looks like real leather looks: the upper side "polished", the lower side more like suede... but maybe that's what you mean by canvas? Though it looks pretty similar to this thick lorica fabric (maybe it's the same thing anyway given it's microfiber?).
                                Mine look the same. I have the 14 eye steel toe boots, and they have the polished/grained outside and suede-like inside, but it's definitely one solid piece. I've seen bonded stuff, and it falls apart fairly quickly (HellCatPunks, a japanese brand, uses bonded stuff for their belts and bracelets, and I went through a few before I learned my lesson).

Anyway, that's the material I'm after. I've handled the Lorica from VeganErotica – my friend Nickle runs StudsAndSpikes.com, and they source the lorica through VE. It's very tough, but doesn't feel the same as my boots, which are very soft inside and would be perfect for clothing. Maybe if it were washed? I'm going to order a roll foot from VE and see how it goes.

As far as the Italian manufacturer, I've just emailed them about samples. I'd looked at that site before, but didn't think to request samples of the full line. Some of it may be just what I need.

A quick question, rilu. How big of a roll did Vegetarian Shoes say you would need to buy, and how expensive is it? I have several friends who would be interested in a large quantity. Perhaps a group order could be done.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎