Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

While I respect Zamb's traditional values (and from what I know Zamb
    is nothing but a fantastic and talented guy) I'm with you on this
    one Faust. Not to mention the fact that marriage (and the legal
    benefits it entails) hasn't been extended to all our citizens...[71]

I'll say no more to keep this from derailing completely.

music

Comment

• kira
      • Mar 2008

[quote user="casem83"]

While I respect Zamb's traditional values (and from what I know Zamb
      is nothing but a fantastic and talented guy) I'm with you on this
      one Faust. Not to mention the fact that marriage (and the legal
      benefits it entails) hasn't been extended to all our citizens
      ...[71]

[/quote]

i'll derail it a bit longer. agreed completely casem. the benefits should extend to everyone[75] just thought the more refreshing part was the fact that he spoke of how much he loved his lady and the money did not matter...it is nice to hear someone declare their love for another like that. my personal experience was not quite so refreshing to say the least, so i appreciate his point of view. refreshing from where I am coming from...

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="casem83"]

While I respect Zamb's traditional values (and from what I know Zamb is nothing but a fantastic and talented guy) I'm with you on this one Faust. Not to mention the fact that marriage (and the legal benefits it entails) hasn't been extended to all our citizens...[71]

[/quote]

Indeed. [71][71]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

[quote user="laika"][quote user="casem83"]

While I respect Zamb's traditional values (and from what I know Zamb is nothing but a fantastic and talented guy) I'm with you on this one Faust. Not to mention the fact that marriage (and the legal benefits it entails) hasn't been extended to all our citizens...[71]

[/quote]

Indeed. [71][71]

[/quote]

Thanks for your Kind Words, Casem, Kira and Laika,

but is it that Faust is saying that Marriage is outdated? or is it the wedding Ceremony that he is against, to me there is a significant difference between the two....... as i know Many people who are happily Married but never actually had a wedding ceremony.

Also interesting question,

I have an idea but dont want to assume anything, but in what wayare the legal benefits of Marriage not extended to all citizens, and to those whom it isnt extended why should it be?

Maybe this should be moved elsewhere........... as this is not really a CCp discussion

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Servo2000
            • Oct 2006

[quote user="zamb"][quote user="laika"][quote user="casem83"]

[/quote]

Indeed. [71][71]

[/quote]

Thanks for your Kind Words, Casem, Kira and Laika,

but is it that Faust is saying that Marriage is outdated? or is it the wedding Ceremony that he is against, to me there is a significant difference between the two....... as i know Many people who are happily Married but never actually had a wedding ceremony.

Also interesting question,

I have an idea but dont want to assume anything, but in what way are the legal benefits of Marriage not extended to all citizens, and to those whom it isnt extended why should it be?

Maybe this should be moved elsewhere........... as this is not really a CCp discussion

[/quote]

I'm certain that Casem is referring to same sex marriages, but I think we can let this stop here.

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I should clarify myself :-). In no way, shape, or form am I against monogamy! I am all for it - I live it. However, I think the institution of marriage is outdated - at this day and age two people in love shouldn't have to be tied by symbolism. And, Johnny, in the land of 50% divorce rate (70% in couples between 25-40), I can hardly sound cynical :-) - the society speaks louder than me.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

[quote user="Faust"]I should clarify myself :-). In no way, shape, or form am I against monogamy! I am all for it - I live it. However, I think the institution of marriage is outdated - at this day and age two people in love shouldn't have to be tied by symbolism. And, Johnny, in the land of 50% divorce rate (70% in couples between 25-40), I can hardly sound cynical :-) - the society speaks louder than me.
                [/quote]

Well, Faust,

to me, if you are in a committed monogamous relationship, then essentially you are married. the legal aspects of it came as a result of society seeing it necessary to have a contract that is binding upon people who may want to be/ intend to bedishonest/ unfaithful.even though we have come to realize that a contract does not make people faithful if they dont want to be..........

Do we think that ( if you accept the Biblical/ jewish) account of mans origin to be true) God had a Ceremony for Adam and Eve and had them sign a contract.

to me Marriage is about Loving someone and committing oneself to the service, growth and well being of that individual (with the reciprocation thereof), it is not about signing papers etc. (even though i will do that for Mine) also, if Marriage has failed maybe it is not the institution itself that has failed, but peoples failure to be honourable, selfless and trustworthy in the things that they have committed themselves to.

I am happy that you my friend for whom i have a tremendous amount of respect has chosen to be Monagamous.....

I will drink some Jamaican wine to that tonite[B].

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

OK, to get this thread back on track, when is the CCP "savin' it for marriage" object dyed chastity belt going to drop?
                  music

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

[quote user="casem83"]OK, to get this thread back on track, when is the CCP "savin' it for marriage" object dyed chastity belt going to drop?[/quote]

Im visualizing it now .................it seems like it could be a nice piece[74][86]

Comment

• Johnny
                      • Sep 2006

To be fair, the above few posts are far more interesting than the slim pickings in the "proper" CCP thread in the last few months, due to the great man's terrible production schedules. But it is all OT.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Wasn't sure exactly what thread to put this in... but here's Blackscissor's rendition of the fencing jacket:

Interesting, but glad I was able to throw down for the real deal.

Blackscissors say they change 10% of each design to avoid copyright issues.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• random
                          • Dec 2007

^it seems a bit weird to me tho in person it might look way better.

seeing theyooxpic johnny posted in rick owens thread, i think i should bring up these, just for fun.

what magzine is that???

I don't exist.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

haha, yeah someone has been trying to sell one of those on yahoo auctions as a necklace for a LONG time now...

it reminds me of those tags that came with hi-tops back in the day on a ball-chain that a lot of people would just turn into a keychain hehe

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• random
                              • Dec 2007

lol. I have seen ppl selling CCP hangers and MA+ garment bag... and ma+ bag sold for $80+...

butthis onegot published ina magzine... crazy

I don't exist.

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Wasn't sure exactly what thread to put this in... but here's Blackscissor's rendition of the fencing jacket:

Interesting, but glad I was able to throw down for the real deal.

Blackscissors say they change 10% of each design to avoid copyright issues.

[/quote]

hahaha, that' my custom jacket. I had them do the knit cuffs and the stitching around the zipper (shit, forgot to tell them black, ah well...).

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎