• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

/\ this is actually pretty damn good! casius, i want a review.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]/\ this is actually pretty damn good! casius, i want a review.
      [/quote]

Oh for sure! I'm really interested in the leather quality.

I based most of the measurements on the RO leather I have here at home and then mocked up the rest in illustrator. I was stoked when I saw Albert post that picture while I was at work, haha. I'll post up some fit pictures and everything when it comes in.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

[quote user="Casius"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

Wasn't sure exactly what thread to put this in... but here's Blackscissor's rendition of the fencing jacket:

Interesting, but glad I was able to throw down for the real deal.

Blackscissors say they change 10% of each design to avoid copyright issues.

[/quote]

hahaha, that' my custom jacket. I had them do the knit cuffs and the stitching around the zipper (shit, forgot to tell them black, ah well...).

[/quote]

This is Crap, utter Crap, i mean that in comparison to the Original CCp Jacket, herein lies the fundamental difference between Good design/ Construction and Badly designed/ Made Stuff.

White stitching in this Jacket is bad, especially because he is not using a Walking Foot machine to sew the Jacket, so all the sewing flaws are made much more visible.

The Jacket is not cut properly, the Shape of the jacket s more Soft Claude Montana than CCP as the Shoulders are cut too wide for the sliness of the body.

a few more flaws from a cutters perspective, but dont have time to list them now

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

Ouch.

So should I have them burn it or wait to receive it so I can throw it on youtube?

Comment

• kira
            • Mar 2008

[quote user="Casius"]

Ouch.

So should I have them burn it or wait to receive it so I can throw it on youtube?

[/quote]

youtube definitely [74]

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• kira
              • Mar 2008

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Wasn't sure exactly what thread to put this in... but here's Blackscissor's rendition of the fencing jacket:

Interesting, but glad I was able to throw down for the real deal.

Blackscissors say they change 10% of each design to avoid copyright issues.

[/quote]

I love zippers. Absolutely love them. But...here it is not working for me. I do not like this. Maybe it is the white stitching around the zipper. but something about it is off for me. I need zippers but in a more subtle way perhaps.[^o)]

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Chim
                • Dec 2006

I dunno, i'm pretty impressed with the fencing blackscissors did, considering all the cuts and measurements are done to casius's specified dimensions and not something that blackscissors randomly did.

Casius added the threads and the cotton cuffs, as well as the apparent 3" large armholes. If you look at the jacket though, the leather quality looks great and he used a huge continuous piece of leather hide for the front, which i find impressive as most leather jackets are paneled because there aren't huge flawless continuous hides like that to slap onto a jacket. Blackscissors got the zipper curvature nearly identical as well. I've personally handled the leather they use and it is a beautiful, soft calf skin.

I think they did a good job given what they were told to do and I am eagerly looking forward to Casius' fit pics.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                  • Sep 2006

i think it looks pretty nasty. but i'm not really a fan of the ccp fencing jacket either

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Cas, I too wish they used black on black stitchwork like you had specified.

Love to see it worn when you get it. Blackscissors is pretty notorious for taking bad photos hehehe.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

I might even see if it can be changed (which I doubt). If it can't be changed to black, I'll dry and dye the thread myself to get it to black. Other than that though, I'm quite impressed....I just hope it's the way the jacket is sitting and those arm holes aren't cut too small for me.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Yeah, nothing like a little sharpie marker to turn them threads black! It has been done before :) hehehe

Have they shipped it yet?

I'm still waiting on my Luster crazy leather jacket. I bet the poor pattern cutters are having aneurysms over it since I sent them superhighdetailed photos of the thing hahaha

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

Nah, it hasn't shipped yet. Today was even the first time of me seeing the thing and I haven't received any confirmation from them yet (but SF is down right now).

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]I might even see if it can be changed (which I doubt). If it can't be changed to black, I'll dry and dye the thread myself to get it to black. Other than that though, I'm quite impressed....I just hope it's the way the jacket is sitting and those arm holes aren't cut too small for me.[/quote]

Good idea

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

I hope they don't use a synthetic thread... then re-dying may be tricky... just thought about that today.

regardless Cas, rock that shittttttttttt

Comment

• Purity
                                • Apr 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Yeah, nothing like a little sharpie marker to turn them threads black! It has been done before :) hehehe

Have they shipped it yet?

I'm still waiting on my Luster crazy leather jacket. I bet the poor pattern cutters are having aneurysms over it since I sent them superhighdetailed photos of the thing hahaha

[/quote]

Which luster leather jacket have you asked them to make if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎