• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

[quote user="philip nod"][quote user="buratino"]
    this isn't a proven info & i'm not ready to bear the responsibility for it, this is the assumption of the people who work with CCP(Sergio S.keeps silence)

...& this time, as far as he've made so many things(just look at Lazzari's stock!) last seasons, i guess, maybe, it'll not be so bad for him(not to mention the ec. reasons(his)).

sorry all here :)

[/quote]

maybe the us dollar will catch up in a year, even more reason to blow out rick.

[/quote]

it's nice to dream, isn't it?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AKA*NYC
      • Nov 2007

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="buratino"]Faust, first idea of such a products like CCP, CDiem & like that was never to put them on sale(& it was so) & now it's changed wich is better for us as customers but i'm not sure is better for the strength of the story [/quote]

fuck the story. i want to wear it.

[/quote]

Me too. I don't see how discounting the price of a piece of fashion affects its integrity. It's still a commodity. Even prices for fine art are negotiable in the right context.

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="AKA*NYC"][quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="buratino"]Faust, first idea of such a products like CCP, CDiem & like that was never to put them on sale(& it was so) & now it's changed wich is better for us as customers but i'm not sure is better for the strength of the story [/quote]

fuck the story. i want to wear it.

[/quote]

Me too. I don't see how discounting the price of a piece of fashion affects its integrity. It's still a commodity. Even prices for fine art are negotiable in the right context.

[/quote]

Isn't the idea that once you put something on sale, you are undermining its value simply because it's no longer the latest thing? i.e., subscribing to a fashion-driven market rather than to artisanal ideals?

I think it's rather precious myself, but there is some kind of logic to it, at least in theory.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I am not saying there is no logic to it, I just want to be able to afford it [86]
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• justine
            • Jan 2007

[quote user="laika"]Isn't the idea that once you put something on sale, you are undermining its value simply because it's no longer the latest thing? i.e., subscribing to a fashion-driven market rather than to artisinal ideals?[/quote]

That's interesting.

I wonder why would a price of $x or $y affect the artisanal/artistic value of an item?

The flip side of a reasoning like 'I never go on sale' is that you definitely attach an importance to the price of the item then, i.e. you do subscribe to something that isn't really artisanal(?).
            And what if you base your rebate not on seasons? Anyways ...

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

I can definitely see the logic of Carol not wanting the pieces to ever go on sale. Like the clothing transcends trends and seasons and there for treated like a 'new' item for the length of time it's on the rack.

Maybe if there was a system like AKA paralleled with art; You go into a store, see a coat from 3 seasons ago and say, "I'll give you X amount for that."

I don't know, like Faust, I want it to go on sale and I don't think anyone would think differently about CCP if it did.

Another thought....Isn't a lot of this the retailer's decision anyway? I know AB puts it on sale sometimes...So maybe it's more the fact that most retailers know, that at some point Carol's items are going to sell, it's just a matter of when.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• mortalveneer
                • Jan 2008

[quote user="justine"]

That's interesting.

I wonder why would a price of $x or $y affect the artisanal/artistic value of an item?

The flip side of a reasoning like 'I never go on sale' is that you definitely attach an importance to the price of the item then, i.e. you do subscribe to something that isn't really artisanal(?).
                And what if you base your rebate not on seasons? Anyways ...

[/quote]

Good point...if you place a stringent price on your item, you have perfectly quantified it in monetary terms. If it never goes on sale, it translates to this item is ALWAYS equivalent to $x...

I am not who you think I am

Comment

• xcoldricex
                  • Sep 2006

yeah ccp goes on sale in japan all the time. c'mon now, these stores are still a business and when you have stock that's been sitting for 3 years you want to do something about it. stuff at lift and barnes goes on sale at the end of every season - and sometimes they break out really old stuff that never sold.

also i got the overlock leather on sale too [83][83][83]

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Yeah, in the end I think it comes down to the individual store's desire to adhere to the concept of clothing-as-art or not.

Some places hold and project a greater reverence for certain brands that they carry over other stores you know?

A of course holds these guys in great honor whereas (in my opinion of course) Bilzerian's doesn't in the same sense. They are passionate about their clothes but I don't get the same level of reverence that you get when Satoru talks about the lines or when you read an interview with Karlo. To me that sort of love of aline rather than a love for fashion directly translates into who holds true to what Altieri, CCP, etc request in terms of selling their creations.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• xcoldricex
                      • Sep 2006

well all the SA's at lift are extremely passionate about ccp, altieri, et al. - it's almost cultish.. but they still put it on sale.

Comment

• mesh
                        • Dec 2006

Probably because they don't have any control as they are just working there, then again I'm not familiar with the store.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                          • Sep 2006

why does it matter?

people resell their ccp here for less than retail. does that mean they don't appreciate it as much? no.

Comment

• mesh
                            • Dec 2006

That's because they are merely employees of a retail store and don't control pricing whereas Karlo ultimately dictates policy according to what he believes is the optimal course of action for his own establishment.

People reselling ccp for less has nothing to do with business unfortunately.

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Speaking of business....I would definitely find it very hard to swallow, the fact that I would have seasons old merchandise in the thousands of dollars still sitting on the racks.
                              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• xcoldricex
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="mesh"]

That's because they are merely employees of a retail store and don't control pricing whereas Karlo ultimately dictates policy according to what he believes is the optimal course of action for his own establishment.

People reselling ccp for less has nothing to do with business unfortunately.

[/quote]

yes, but albert is trying to use passion for the clothing/appreciation of the clothing as art as a reason to not put the pieces on sale.... if that's the case then the resale market should also reflect that (of course this is up to the seller but an example would be old cloak pieces that sell for above their original retail in the second hand market). i remember pnids talking about this maybe a month ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎