X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Resonator
    • Aug 2008

Re: Carol Christian Poell

I know what an Aussie is, I live there but "some Aussie guy" seems to imply something else.

Comment

• misterpale
      • Apr 2008

maybe he is not australian and called him aussie guy!! donĀ“t take it so serious...!

Comment

• Resonator
        • Aug 2008

But what does he mean. The shop is in Australia. I mean if you where in New York you wouldn't say some American bloke was in the shop. Why not just say some guy was in there buying up big.

Comment

• misterpale
          • Apr 2008

are you trying to get 50 posts to sell something with more than senseless questions??itĀ“s his way to talk and i believe he has no racism background.calm down......

Comment

• Resonator
            • Aug 2008

No, nothing to sell. I have said my bit. Letting it all go..... relaxing. I'm all right.

Comment

• Diego
              • Aug 2007

[quote user="crouka"]

be careful about code. the code doesn't necessarily represent the same tone if the season is different. for example, the warm cream white for S/S 08 has the same code as the icy white for S/S 07 which had faint blueish hue in it, if I remember rightly (at least it does in the swatch).

also the model in the S/S 08 lookbook was wearing the S/S 07 white boots since they had not prepared any new footwear at that point. anyway you cannot be too specific unless you buy what you are seeing on the spot.

[/quote]

You are right, but again, this info was not given to me before I placed my order, before I paid the deposit, I'v been making special orders with CCP for a while now, never had a problem, but this was my first time doing a leather special order and there is always a risk, but imo for a piece that is over 6k, it better be something you really like (and more if it has your name on the tag!). Anyway, I will definitely keep it and search for the ss07 "gray-white" too.

Comment

• desultory
                • Aug 2007

He means I am white and overweight. But the blonde womanl who helped me started speaking perfect fluent German when she heard my accent, turns out she is an 'Aussie'-German.

Comment

• Staton Viguier
                  • Jan 2008

[quote user="ionn26"]

Diego... I am not sure what yo mean using the s/s07 leather... This white leather jacket that you got or custom made, is it that you just got it like within a week or two??? I was just at Eastern Market.. and I saw the same jacket in the same color and that metallic stain and they told me they just got it from the last shipment and it was a few days ago.. exact same one.. it was very white though with the metallic stain.. Honestly it was too white for my liking.. I tried on the 48 and it was too small for me... CCP sizing is all over the map ... there were two styles of the suits and I could fit both into size 50 and 52... although 50 would be a little bit problematic to let loose...

Some interesting stuff at Easter Market and I am sure you guys have seen the photo already.. I was at Eastern Market and there was this aussie guy who was trying on that nylon raincoat or something.. the clear coat on the PDF file.. it honestly did not look flattering.. but who has ever made raincoat flattering right?

I didn't try much of the stuff they got I just did a quick browse (shortest time ever 30 minute only) and left, the aussie guy was literally trying on and buying the whole damn Eastern market buy.. he picked up the rain coat, two pairs of boots just the time I was there.. '

Eastern Market has the perforated short too.. looks HOT.. they still have the overlock jeansand overlock shorts... which was from last season collection (the one that the atelier did a photo of it stand up on its own)... and they still have the long ankle boots from last season.. I guess CCP is not doing well as people are saying they do???

Also.. may be this is just the rumour, but I heard that Atelier is dropping CCP??? I thought they were doing well with CCP? or is the stuff really NOT selling?

[/quote]

'the aussie guy' its australia.. you idiot

Comment

• desultory
                    • Aug 2007

If I looked Australian, I apologise to Australians. The experience is: one ear is hearing German, the other ear is getting crystal-clear Sakamoto and Fennesz on some way-out speakers that look like Winston Churchill meets Jules Verne - just don't know where to look in that crazy shop. They got an old CD player that is not quite as rare as my new boots but I know it was hand-designed by Mr. Ken Ishiwata and the amp is an American one I own, Pass Labs Aleph 3, it is the purest industrial design. When I want fag-hag service I might suggest NY or Paris, when I want the goods I go to 'Aussie'-land. If Maurizio Altieri can buy his Poell gloves at EM so can I.

Comment

• Boki
                      • May 2008

you guys are all WAY COOL ;)

Comment

• desultory
                        • Aug 2007

And I'm really feeling the nuns there.

Comment

• Boki
                          • May 2008

the nuns in melbourne?

Comment

• uparmoured
                            • Sep 2007

diego: What a nightmare! As drexl said I believe the dye would have to be stripped off before the redying process as it felt almost like a varnish finish. I sincerely hope all goes to plan.
                            FS: M.A+
                            FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

[quote user="ionn26"]

Diego... I am not sure what yo mean using the s/s07 leather... This white leather jacket that you gotor custom made, is it that you just got it like within a week or two??? I was just at Eastern Market.. and I saw the same jacket in the same color and that metallic stain and they told me they just got it from the last shipment and it was a few days ago.. exact same one.. it was very white though with the metallic stain.. Honestly it was too white for my liking.. I tried on the 48 and it was too small for me... CCP sizing is all over the map ... there were two styles of the suits and I could fit both into size 50 and 52... although 50 would be a little bit problematic to let loose...

Some interesting stuff at Easter Market and I am sure you guys have seen the photo already.. I was at Eastern Market and there was this aussie guy who was trying on that nylon raincoat or something.. the clear coat on the PDF file.. it honestly did not look flattering.. but who has ever made raincoat flattering right?

I didn't try much of the stuff they got I just did a quick browse (shortest time ever 30 minute only) and left, the aussie guy was literally trying on and buying the whole damn Eastern market buy.. he picked up the rain coat, two pairs of boots just the time I was there.. '

Eastern Market has the perforated short too.. looks HOT.. they still have the overlock jeansand overlock shorts... which was from last season collection (the one that the atelier did a photo of it stand up on its own)... and they still have the long ankle boots from last season.. I guess CCP is not doing well as people are saying they do???

Also.. may be this is just the rumour, but I heard that Atelier is dropping CCP??? I thought they were doing well with CCP? or is the stuff really NOT selling?

[/quote]

[74] thats a good one. i mean come on...

ccp is the [64] of A

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• DHC
                                • Jul 2007

[quote user="Diego"][quote user="crouka"]

be careful about code. the code doesn't necessarily represent the same tone if the season is different. for example, the warm cream white for S/S 08 has the same code as the icy white for S/S 07 which had faint blueish hue in it, if I remember rightly (at least it does in the swatch).

also the model in the S/S 08 lookbook was wearing the S/S 07 white boots since they had not prepared any new footwear at that point. anyway you cannot be too specific unless you buy what you are seeing on the spot.

[/quote]

You are right, but again, this info was not given to me before I placed my order, before I paid the deposit, I'v been making special orders with CCP for a while now, never had a problem, but this was my first time doing a leather special order and there is always a risk, but imo for a piece that is over 6k, it better be something you really like (and more if it has your name on the tag!). Anyway, I will definitely keep it and search for the ss07 "gray-white" too.

[/quote]

Never had problems with my special orders either. Though I have to admit I never jump in blindly. Best advise I can give is to always have CCP send a swatch of the material sent to you. I believe this to be the reason I've never been anything less than happy.

Originally posted by Faust
                                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎