X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

Man, people are all up in arms over a casual comment. First off, Australian isn't a race. Second, Ionn didn't even mean anything by it. If I was in London, I'd say "some british guy was buying up all the shit at The Library"

The reason is, these few stores are pretty damn international. How many people here have made overseas pilgrimages to Atelier? Seriously.

Diego, again man... sorry about all the craziness revolving around your jacket. A word of caution with the photo though that Joey provided... lighting makes all the difference in these jackets due to the dye and getting true color is damn near impossible. For example, here's the one I've got on the market taken indoors and then in natural sunlight:

From the first photo, you wouldn't even know that there were green tones in it.

As for the leather/dye issues I think it's a matter of not having those skins on hand anymore. Everything is likely tanned to order in small batches and when it's used up it's used up. That's probably why they used current season leather and used it to make a past-season jacket unfortunately. White is one of those tricky colors too... you can't (from my research and understanding) effectively re-dye anything leather to a lighter color (in this case white)... you can only go darker.

Hope it all gets sorted out Diego! The white overlock in EM's photo looks pretty good but like you said... size 50. May be a risk.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"][quote user="ionn26"]

Diego... I am not sure what yo mean using the s/s07 leather... This white leather jacket that you gotor custom made, is it that you just got it like within a week or two??? I was just at Eastern Market.. and I saw the same jacket in the same color and that metallic stain and they told me they just got it from the last shipment and it was a few days ago.. exact same one.. it was very white though with the metallic stain.. Honestly it was too white for my liking.. I tried on the 48 and it was too small for me... CCP sizing is all over the map ... there were two styles of the suits and I could fit both into size 50 and 52... although 50 would be a little bit problematic to let loose...

Some interesting stuff at Easter Market and I am sure you guys have seen the photo already.. I was at Eastern Market and there was this aussie guy who was trying on that nylon raincoat or something.. the clear coat on the PDF file.. it honestly did not look flattering.. but who has ever made raincoat flattering right?

I didn't try much of the stuff they got I just did a quick browse (shortest time ever 30 minute only) and left, the aussie guy was literally trying on and buying the whole damn Eastern market buy.. he picked up the rain coat, two pairs of boots just the time I was there.. '

Eastern Market has the perforated short too.. looks HOT.. they still have the overlock jeansand overlock shorts... which was from last season collection (the one that the atelier did a photo of it stand up on its own)... and they still have the long ankle boots from last season.. I guess CCP is not doing well as people are saying they do???

Also.. may be this is just the rumour, but I heard that Atelier is dropping CCP??? I thought they were doing well with CCP? or is the stuff really NOT selling?

[/quote]

[74] thats a good one. i mean come on...

ccp is the [64] of A

[/quote]

Karlo said as much in his interview.

"First of all, let me give some background
      information. Tailoring for men is slowly dissolving from our lives. The
      suit is dead. Today, men wear suits only when they have to. Compare
      that to 1948, when every man wore a suit every day. One of the few
      people who are infusing a sense of modernity into traditional tailoring
      is Carol. I am not necessarily talking about designing something new,
      but breathing a new life into a corpse. He is taking traditional,
      conservative tailoring and bringing it up to date. There is an element
      of experimentation that goes into his work. Not all of it is
      successful, but that's the price you pay. This is the intersection of
      what was, and what will be. This is why Carol is important to us - he
      is the anchor of what we do at Atelier.
      "

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• misterpale
        • Apr 2008

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Man, people are all up in arms over a casual comment. First off, Australian isn't a race. Second, Ionn didn't even mean anything by it. If I was in London, I'd say "some british guy was buying up all the shit at The Library"

The reason is, these few stores are pretty damn international. How many people here have made overseas pilgrimages to Atelier? Seriously.

Diego, again man... sorry about all the craziness revolving around your jacket. A word of caution with the photo though that Joey provided... lighting makes all the difference in these jackets due to the dye and getting true color is damn near impossible. For example, here's the one I've got on the market taken indoors and then in natural sunlight:

From the first photo, you wouldn't even know that there were green tones in it.

As for the leather/dye issues I think it's a matter of not having those skins on hand anymore. Everything is likely tanned to order in small batches and when it's used up it's used up. That's probably why they used current season leather and used it to make a past-season jacket unfortunately. White is one of those tricky colors too... you can't (from my research and understanding) effectively re-dye anything leather to a lighter color (in this case white)... you can only go darker.

Hope it all gets sorted out Diego! The white overlock in EM's photo looks pretty good but like you said... size 50. May be a risk.

[/quote]

is the first one for sale? hahaha

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

both are ;)

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• DHC
            • Jul 2007

size and price?
            Originally posted by Faust
            fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• misterpale
              • Apr 2008

[quote user="Chinorlz"]both are ;)
              [/quote]

really? first one in 48?[74]

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

well... it is a 48, but the first one IS the second one. That's what I meant about the difficulty in lighting. The shit is like a chameleon based on where you're at!

Comment

• misterpale
                  • Apr 2008

i undersstand that already....i was steppin up the train,cause of your smiley....btw...is it really for sale?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

hahaha oh okay. Yessir it really is indeed for sale. PM me and I'll drop you photos and further details!

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

you just got this albert? i remember you sold this once. people talked it up here. you felt regrets, found another one a few months ago, and are now selling again....crazy talk.
                      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

You know P, I wore it a few times and lemme tell ya... I like blacks and whites. The green just doesn't fit with me in the end... I tried and tried but if it doesn't feel natural then it's a no go you know? I want a leather jacket to be something that I don't have to think about to throw on and the fencing does that for me and a black overlock would too... maybe I'm allergic to color hahahha

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

just giving you a friendly gut check, don't want to be hearing this scenario play out for round 3....hahahha...the grey/green overlock, the michael phelps of overlocks...

here's my advice for the s/s 07 overlock. black.

dont you wear green in halls of medicine all day? maybe thats the aversion. too close to the job...

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]

just giving you a friendly gut check, don't want to be hearing this scenario play out for round 3....hahahha...the grey/green overlock, the michael phelps of overlocks...

here's my advice for the s/s 07 overlock. black.

dont you wear green in halls of medicine all day? maybe thats the aversion. too close to the job...

[/quote]

Hehehe, thanks my friend. No... I was able to give this one a longer run and I look at it more than wear it. It's possible that it's some subconscious aversion to the greenie green of the hospital wards ;)

Black is what it's all about!!!

Comment

• ionn26
                              • Feb 2007

alright.. I didn't know that my comment were giving such response to it. Thank you Albert for making it straight!!!Like Albert says I have no intention of making a racism comment.. geez.. thats the last thing that I want.

And desultory is somewhat right saying a aussie guy or bloke means you are white.. but not may necessarily mean that you are fat...lol.. and desultory if you were the one that were trying on the raincoat.. lol.. you are not fat... but honestly I stand my point that the raincoat did not look that great on you!!! Although I agree with you that the boots are special.. but thats what CCP is famous for.. boots, and leather jacket.. you can never go wrong with it..

Albert, sorry it didn't work out for the green overlock.. I still love mine.. although I do agree with you that yes it is some times hard to wear green or like pniddy just said.. green is too close to the color you work... personally my clothes are a black and white and grey.. so it is nice to see a touch of color for a change.

Comment

• bellapietra1501
                                • Sep 2006

diego, sorry to hear about the jacket... i hope everything works out well for you!!! best regards [75]

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎