X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snafu
    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
    in my book the high collar coats this season are pretty close to classic status. extremely wearable as well. the overdyed cotton suit is also classic material imo, but then again its nothing that new really.

I really liked this season, some very wearable pieces that still had something interesting going on. for example the curved seam trousers, not the chainseam ones nor the overly twisted ones with seams rotating all around the legs, but the moderately curved ones. still waiting for my pair to arrive.
    Yes i would agree almost classic, but its like you said the high collars have been done by him already
    look at pnods fishtail one and i even have a high collar classic wool coat from fw01. Personally i prefer mine to this seasons without the unnecessary metal closure tab. I do like the length of the one you bought the fabric looks great but iv not seen it in person.

The pants with any curving seam have had problems with stitching breaking with wear not just the full spirals but the slightly curved ones also. Its due to the interesting take on the panels front and back going through the crotch in one piece. One person who i know was working at ccp even stitched the leg section in leather to stop it from breaking again and again.
    Either way i got bored of the repetition of the twisted seam throughout this collection i felt the fabrics were strong enough to go with out the gimmick. But this is just my opinion, Lowrey i think you already own the LUC J pant so i guess these are an alternative, but that is what i would have chosen over poell's offerings.
    On a side note i think this season has been fantastic by Luca.

Comment

• nellytheelephant
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by fenrost View Post
      for the mens? no idea. we will know around march i guess. but alot of ideas/technique/fabrics have been shared between the men and women's line.

anyway, men can wear anything from the women's line.. they can be quite unisex

as for the donkey leather, it's great, it all boils down to personal liking..., it's thick, and belong to certain climate.
      Thanks for the response.

I meant the mens. I suppose everything's available to order. I might make a decision on the fabric once the kangaroo begins to arrive in stores.

Comment

• Marko
        • Jul 2009

I love that picture of the white gloved jacket, something about tough but sleek looking women.

I think the fencing is certainly cleaner and also more of a classic than the high-neck gloved leather from this season. However, I do agree with everyone about how wearable it is, especially in the kangaroo leather which is so nice and light. I find that many of the pieces from this season that look very extreme are actually quite easy to wear day to day.

Fenrost, are those dipped side-zips in that picture?

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Marko View Post
          I love that picture of the white gloved jacket, something about tough but sleek looking women.

I think the fencing is certainly cleaner and also more of a classic than the high-neck gloved leather from this season. However, I do agree with everyone about how wearable it is, especially in the kangaroo leather which is so nice and light. I find that many of the pieces from this season that look very extreme are actually quite easy to wear day to day.

Fenrost, are those dipped side-zips in that picture?
          I love the gloved leather jacket... it's a serious Carol masterpiece. But I'll be waiting until someone throws one up in classifieds before I purchase it!

Love the details on it though and the glove detail on it with double zips is an absolute killer. I'd never in my life consider beige as a color to add to my wardrobe but the way it's done on this jacket and the way it looks is really nice.
          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• magic
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
            I'll be waiting until someone throws one up in classifieds before I purchase it!
            i remembered theres one lately.
            Focusing on object details

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by magic View Post
              i remembered theres one lately.
              did i miss this post? or was it minomni's?
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Venus in Furs
                Banned
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                Yes i would agree almost classic, but its like you said the high collars have been done by him already
                look at pnods fishtail one and i even have a high collar classic wool coat from fw01. Personally i prefer mine to this seasons without the unnecessary metal closure tab. I do like the length of the one you bought the fabric looks great but iv not seen it in person.
                Is there a WAYWT of this? I don't think I've seen a pic of you in the high collar.

Comment

• magic
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                  did i miss this post? or was it minomni's?
                  not sure though.. i might be deleted...
                  Focusing on object details

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by nellytheelephant View Post
                    The trousers you mention are lovely and I was sorely tempted by them in the Library but due to my hairy legs I had to leave the chainseams as they fluctuated being unsightly for others and uncomfortable for me.
                    I was actually referring to a different, non-chainseam type, which imo are much more wearable.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bestial
                      • Jun 2008

have you bought the angled jeans or dress pants lowrey? or are there more twisted pants this season?

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

the ones I'm getting are more dress pant type.

to my knowledge there are two different twisted chainseam trousers or jeans, one cut less twisted and the other has the seams going around the legs a couple of times.

other twisted cuts include the drop crotch / baggy ones, and one or two others. the reason I'm not sure is because the ones I've seen in person and ordered myself looked fairly similar to these womens ones, but then theres this pair which seems to have more visible pleats. it might just be the material or the way they've been folded, but they also look a bit wider fitting maybe..
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• bestial
                          • Jun 2008

Ah, the last pair is the style I have (PM2505L) they fit tight and straight, like the breadsticks, so a more classic fit in the calf and ankle. The womens pair seems to taper down the leg more.

bad fit pic

Comment

• jcotteri
                            • Jun 2008

good fit pic imo.. How high are you wearing the waist on those?
                            WTB: This

Comment

• bestial
                              • Jun 2008

rather low at the hip, never liked to wear pants at the old folks waist they might be a little higher on the pictures then I usually wear them though.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

hmm ok the cut looks similar, the fabric is different though

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎