• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackfedora
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post
    Thank you, Ahimsa!

This makes perfect sense, as some of these look like the result of the fabric being folded, and I was told that a last bit of the batch of CORAWO was used to make my suit. I don't mind these, to be honest, the suit is my favorite piece.

I don't know much about the dying process for these fabrics, what influence does Ramie have, Magic?
    The ramie composition fabrics from CCP tend to not hold the dye very well. Examples can be seen in the self-edge fabrics like ROR-EDGE (here) and in other fabics containing ramie like SURFACE and WFACE (see first pic here).

Ok, now for the long winded science-y explanation. This non-fastness of dyes seen in plant stalk derived cellulose based fibres (linen, hemp, ramie) comes from them having a higher crystallinity at the molecular level when compared to other cellulose fibres, notably cotton, which hold their colour better. The higher crystallinity results from the fibre being a longer, more closely packed polymer than imparts the stalk based cellulose fibres with their marked stiffness (compared to cotton) but that tighter packing also results in fewer locations for the dye molecules to react and become attached (covalently bond) to the polymer. The polymer is often so tight that dye molecules can't ever penetrate in between the parallel lined up long polymers to just "sit there" (ionically bond, H-bond) and give the fabric a colour that remains in place after repeated use.

Comment

• julian_doe
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
      The ramie composition fabrics from CCP tend to not hold the dye very well. Examples can be seen in the self-edge fabrics like ROR-EDGE (here) and in other fabics containing ramie like SURFACE and WFACE (see first pic here).

Ok, now for the long winded science-y explanation. This non-fastness of dyes seen in plant stalk derived cellulose based fibres (linen, hemp, ramie) comes from them having a higher crystallinity at the molecular level when compared to other cellulose fibres, notably cotton, which hold their colour better. The higher crystallinity results from the fibre being a longer, more closely packed polymer than imparts the stalk based cellulose fibres with their marked stiffness (compared to cotton) but that tighter packing also results in fewer locations for the dye molecules to react and become attached (covalently bond) to the polymer. The polymer is often so tight that dye molecules can't ever penetrate in between the parallel lined up long polymers to just "sit there" (ionically bond, H-bond) and give the fabric a colour that remains in place after repeated use.
      This is great, thank you for the explanation. I appreciate everyone's help!

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
        • Jan 2013

I love it when blackfedora drops the chemistry in this thread.

Comment

• curiouscharles
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by t3hg0suazn View Post
          I love it when blackfedora drops the chemistry in this thread.
          blackfedora, the scientist we need.
          —
          -

Comment

• CAIN
            • Jun 2013

hey guys, I´m about to special order a suit from CCP mostly want it on corawo or laico but at the moment they only have the fabric LINKS I check some pictures online but it seems to me is too light, does any one here have seen or own a piece in this fabric just to know what to expect?

Comment

• smudge
              • Jul 2012

blackfedora, your posts are informative as always

Comment

• magic
                • Feb 2009

My experience with Ramie or Linen was the colour fades much easy than others fabrics, like cotton. If someone loves the ageing of their clothes than it will be fine. I like CORAWO, and it is a great fabric for suiting, but it will be better if without the Ramie..
                Focusing on object details

Comment

• deejames
                  • Aug 2013

Does anyone know if there are two different versions of the diagonal zip boots?
                  I mean the cut of the shoe front..
                  It seems to me that there is a rounder version and a tip version of it...On pictures from Onlineshops it really looks like.i just bought a pair of it at PNP but they look a bit different on all the other pictures to me.
                  thanks for your help.

Comment

• deejames
                    • Aug 2013

Just went to Darklands because after 3!!!! years they got a new delivery from CCP and i had a look live to a couple of models.
                    The problem is that all the shoes are slightly different.That was the reason i was confused..on most pics they
                    look like there are plenty of different models.

Comment

• drizzly
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by deejames View Post
                      Does anyone know if there are two different versions of the diagonal zip boots?
                      I mean the cut of the shoe front..
                      It seems to me that there is a rounder version and a tip version of it...On pictures from Onlineshops it really looks like.i just bought a pair of it at PNP but they look a bit different on all the other pictures to me.
                      thanks for your help.
                      hey, yes there are 2 diff tornados if i understood your question correct:
                      2009 version has a wider last code = AM/2521SX
                      example - http://pnp-firenze.blogspot.com/2016...gonal-zip.html
                      2010 version is a bit sleeker, code = AM/2601L
                      example - http://pnp-firenze.blogspot.com/2016...-lined_15.html

here are some side by side

Comment

• deejames
                        • Aug 2013

Yes thats what made me wonder...i received a pair but i didnt liked it so much because of the sleek toe :-)
                        Thanks for your help.

Comment

• drizzly
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by deejames View Post
                          Yes thats what made me wonder...i received a pair but i didnt liked it so much because of the sleek toe :-)
                          Thanks for your help.
                          Well the other wider last model is much rarer so most of the offerings are the sleeker last. I personally have 4 pairs and most of them the sleek last it wears super easy.

Comment

• goldsamxo
                            • Jan 2017

As I've looked online, and it seems the answer is similar - is CCP done with unique collections & only working with special orders / color ways now? I've seen pieces that seem slightly different, but I haven't seen anything new in a long time. I'm sure I'm right, but I wanted to see if anyone had any insight! Thank you guys
                            Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
                            Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• drizzly
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by goldsamxo View Post
                              As I've looked online, and it seems the answer is similar - is CCP done with unique collections & only working with special orders / color ways now? I've seen pieces that seem slightly different, but I haven't seen anything new in a long time. I'm sure I'm right, but I wanted to see if anyone had any insight! Thank you guys
                              There have been rumors of a new collection but nothing has surfaced. The closest thing is Deepti which is an extension of ccp, not too original imo.

Comment

• itsfilth
                                • Jan 2017

There's a French boutique in LA called Leclair that has a very large collection of CCP for sale. Last I was there, the employees seemed confident that a new CCP collection will surface this year. If anyone here lives in southern California and wants a direct source of news, I recommend checking this place out.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎