X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nevermind
    • Sep 2007

Re: Carol Christian Poell

did you happen to see the box(?) shorts, i dont know the name. i wonder if they were specially made just for EM, given its almost summer here. they had around 5 pairs, they were very well made but i was really interested in the denim used.

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

uparmoured, i would really hesitate on buying those jointed knee pants. you don't know where the knee joint will sit on your legs since it's not like ccp designed the knees specifically for your body type. you should ask matteo where the knees sit or else you'll have the joints on your shin or your thigh.
      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• the breaks
        • Sep 2007

Wouldn't those joints just form knee bags like you get in denim after a while? Really interested to see how those look worn...
        Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

well basically the joints should prevent that, theres excess fabric so less stretch in the knee. but I dont know if the joint part will stay 'folded' like that or just end up looking like its stretched out badly :P

I'm really curious to see a fit pic as well

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="the breaks"]Wouldn't those joints just form knee bags like you get in denim after a while? Really interested to see how those look worn...
            [/quote]

That will be the test of Poell's prowess as a taylor.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• uparmoured
              • Sep 2007

nevermind: The box denim shorts were still there the last I checked... A rack full in fact... As a pair of full length pants they look really good but I am not sure how they would look as shorts on... But then again you never know... I sceptically tried on the LUC high rise pants and became a believer...

ddohnggo: I think that the photo from CENTOCOSE overly exaggerates the positioning of the knee joint when in fact the joint covers a fairly extensive area as seen in this LAZZARI picture (right side):

I think it is similar to how the curvature of the CCP Jeans look extreme when laying flat but subtler when worn...

I'll bite the bullet and try out the jointed knee and I'll be sure to share what I have found... Anyone know what paper cotton is yet?

Communications coming at you from a 3G wireless connection off the Highlands of Genting in Malaysia...

FS: M.A+
              FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• Johnny
                • Sep 2006

Thetrousers already look like they have bagged knees - that's effectively what the joint, in providing excess fabric, is doing isn't it?

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

^ pretty much yea, but the joint is sort of folded originally, which makes it slightly different but when worn it might look pretty much the same.

looking forward to seeing pics uparmoured!

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

seems to be the oxford version of the boots i have

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• nycd
                      • Oct 2006

Woah!

I have those boots too - and would love to get the oxfords - what's the source of this photo?

Thanks!

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

seems to be the oxford version of the boots i have

[/quote]

Comment

• beast
                        • Oct 2007

Carol Christian Poell Wallet

Erm,

Anyone got or seen this square or circular wallet before?

http://www.lazzariweb.it/shop/produc...bb5daae16f523f

Looks like some coin pouch to me.

Really keen to get it especially if its made of some fancy and tough animal skin like hippo or kangaroo but I want to hear some views before popping 200 over euros for it. For that price, it better survive a straight out nuclear strike on it.

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell Wallet

Eh, I'm not too fond of them. They look a little dainty to me. For 200Euros I would much rather get one of those MA+ wallets, now those are a work of art.
                          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="beast"]

Erm,

Really keen to get it especially if its made of some fancy and tough animal skin like hippo or kangaroo but I want to hear some views before popping 200 over euros for it. For that price, it better survive a straight out nuclear strike on it.

[/quote]

Save your money. They're just simple fold-out cases that you can find made by all sorts of companies in china. They aren't actually 100% leather in the main body of the case but are leather covered metal since a metal portion must be there to fit into and rotate around the metal outer ring.

Like Cas said, if you are looking for a wallet from one of these brands, MA+ is the shiznit. It's what I carry, and I believe a few other guys here like Jun and I've never looked back! The leather is something to behold. I really don't know where he sources his stuff but I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a single pelt of it. I could make my own accordion bag(s)!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Not to derail but I agree about the leather. I deal with leathers on almost a daily basis for work and his leather is just magnificent. Definitely one of the reasons they command a high price (not to mention the hand made detailing, etc.).

CCP should make an overlock leather wallet...now that would be dope.
                              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• DHC
                                • Jul 2007

[quote user="beast"]

Erm,

[/quote]

This should be in the "yes or no" thread.

Another vote to pass on the Poell wallets for an M.A+ wallet. Thr m.a+ wallets are the shyte!

Originally posted by Faust
                                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎