X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beast
    • Oct 2007

Re: Carol Christian Poell Wallet

Looks like overwhelming no for the CCP wallet. Here I was hoping that the wallet is made of some exotic skin.

At the risk of sounding like asking to be spoonfed, where do I buy M.A+ on line? A google search gave me no results other than atelier new york website.

Comment

• uparmoured
      • Sep 2007

M.A+ Wallet (Size S) online...

But at 8cm X 11.5 cm X 1.5cm, a Size M may be more useful... But this would be good as a card holder...

FS: M.A+
      FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• DHC
        • Jul 2007

[quote user="beast"]

Looks like overwhelming no for the CCP wallet. Here I was hoping that the wallet is made of some exotic skin.

At the risk of sounding like asking to be spoonfed, where do I buy M.A+ on line? A google search gave me no results other than atelier new york website.

[/quote]

Hey Beast,

The problem with those CCP wallets for me is that they remind me too much of a woman's make-up compact. Frankly, I just don't see the appeal.

Here's an ma+ wallet on Y!Japan. Better shake a leg if you want to win it.

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r40878536

They also have the smaller wallet/card holder too (link below), but if your looking for a wallet the link provided above is the one you want to jump on.

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/102624476

Good luck!

Originally posted by Faust
        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• beast
          • Oct 2007

[quote user="DHC"][quote user="beast"]

[/quote]

Hey Beast,

The problem with those CCP wallets for me is that they remind me too much of a woman's make-up compact. Frankly, I just don't see the appeal.

Here's an ma+ wallet on Y!Japan. Better shake a leg if you want to win it.

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r40878536

They also have the smaller wallet/card holder too (link below), but if your looking for a wallet the link provided above is the one you want to jump on.

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/102624476

Good luck!

[/quote]

Hey DHC,

Didnt realised the woman's compact llink. Ijust wanted something funky and off the norm.

Other than yahoo.jp, doesnt M.A+ have a proper website or have a better online retailer that sells their stuff?

But the M.A+ stuff dont look toohot to me. Unless its made of some super rare skin like shark or buffalo or hippoor dyed with special dyeor has an antique effect,I dont think its worth it. I can get something ofsimilar look fromlocal artisans that sell leather goods though the leather may not be as high quality as M.A+ stuffhas.

Comment

• uparmoured
            • Sep 2007

DHC:Thanks for the M.A+ links... I would be tempted if wallets were not such a personal item... Given that, for the vast majority of people, wallets sit in the back/front pockets where ass/crotch sweat collect and we all know that leather is like a moisture sponge... Hence a second-hand wallet is basically like someone else's underwear that never got washed...

... and, no, this is not some lurker-bidder dispelling tactic! Hahahah...

beast: I am in agreement with most in saying that the CCP wallet is a NO for me... But if you yourself would buy it were it not CCP then go for it...

Casius: Any updates from the EM drop?

Comment

• irrlicht
              • Jan 2007

[quote user="uparmoured"]

M.A+ Wallet (Size S) online...

But at 8cm X 11.5 cm X 1.5cm, a Size M may be more useful... But this would be good as a card holder...

[/quote]

it's a card holder rather than a wallet. i got a similar one... to be honest the material is not worth it at all. just a piece of leather and 4 silver staples.. but the idea behind is quite amazing. (for those planning to buy the wallets.. the linen bag that comes with the wallets are NICE! i actually liked the linen bag more than the wallet.)

Comment

• uparmoured
                • Sep 2007

Actually the card holder may be the right size for me as I am currently using a card holder as my day to day wallet... The wallet bag is indeed a piece unto its own...

Picture courtesy of THE ARCHIVE who have these in stock for $465...

Comment

• irrlicht
                  • Jan 2007

^thats the linen bag i was talking about! it's like a mini-accordion bag and the elastic is linked all the way. now i use it to put my ipod+portable amp in. perfect [H]

Comment

• Tiger
                    Banned
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="irrlicht"]^thats the linen bag i was talking about! it's like a mini-accordion bag and the elastic is linked all the way. now i use it to put my ipod+portable amp in. perfect [H]
                    [/quote]

hehehe yeah it's cool that every MA+ product comes with those bags.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Oh man, thanks for posting the photo of the bag. After I had unwrapped my shirt from that bag I couldn't quite remember how it closed again! I remember it was simple, elegant and absolutely functional. It really is pure genius in design and much cooler than the MA+ stamped drawstring sacks for last season hehe. I wonder what he'll come up with for the coming season!

Ok, not gonna derail the CCP thread any more hehe

On the CCP tip, I was wondering if anyone has photos of the blood dyed pieces that Carol created. I haven't found any that I could confirm are truly blood dyed articles and am very curious as to how it comes out and how he put it to use....

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• uparmoured
                        • Sep 2007

I have seen images of the blood dyed pants (leather if I am not mistakened)... It was from a PHAIDON book on various designers where Carol Christian Poell was featured... I do not remember the title but it had a white cover and was square-ish in appearance... Yeah it's cryptic, but I hope that helps...

Maybe THIS book, but the version that I read did not have the 3D cover...

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="uparmoured"]

I have seen images of the blood dyed pants (leather if I am not mistakened)... It was from a PHAIDON book on various designers where Carol Christian Poell was featured... I do not remember the title but it had a white cover and was square-ish in appearance... Yeah it's cryptic, but I hope that helps...

[/quote]

Yes, it's that book. You were looking at a soft cover version. I just looked at my copy, there is a picture of a pants "bull blood dyed." Freaky.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="uparmoured"]

[/quote]

Yes, it's that book. You were looking at a soft cover version. I just looked at my copy, there is a picture of a pants "bull blood dyed." Freaky.

[/quote]

Faust, could I trouble you for a photo? Doesn't have to be scanned in... just want to see the color/result. :)

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Will do, Albert, once I find my camera.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Thanks Faust :) and thanks V for the description... I'm pretty intrigued as to what the execution of the pants is like but your description is starting to give me an idea about it!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎