X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Who?
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by DamageX View Post
    Hi MDB, I believe there was a version for men, I could be wrong but is this it:
    Yes this is the men's version, shown here from the exploder lookbook. Came in all the same material options as the much loved bomber but was near impossible to find. I believe Albert owns this piece, maybe when he's not too busy saving lives he'll post a pic of it to the archive.

WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Who? View Post
      Yes this is the men's version, shown here from the exploder lookbook. Came in all the same material options as the much loved bomber but was near impossible to find. I believe Albert owns this piece, maybe when he's not too busy saving lives he'll post a pic of it to the archive.

Haha, I'll post some pics today! The work hours are so crazy at the hospital that I often just read SZ on my iphone :)

It's a great piece and the price was very reasonable for it. I believe retail was around 600-700 euro when I saw it at the Paris flagship years ago. It's my go-to winter coat for sure!
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• DamageX
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Eternal
        I'm glad you like it though, and it looks good on you. I have no problem disagreeing with someone about this, as we both love Rick Owens.
        Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
        Damage x always looks great and that shearling still doesn't look good even on him.
        It's good to disagree otherwise we would all look the same!

I can see the points you both are trying to make in reference to his previous (and better) seasons. It is lacking the grunge aspect, perhaps it would fall into place if it looked a bit weathered design and finish wise.

To me it looks more like a Nicolas Ghesquiere version of Rick Owens, (whom Rick Owens has mentioned and has respect for) in terms of design and cut. As mentioned before, even the Stooges I own reminds me more of a Balenciaga cut then classic Rick Owens; short in the arms and torso and lacking exaggeration.

I love it though and it's nice to have a little change in the Rick Owens wardrobe. Shape wise, it reminds me a bit of the robot jacket, short in the arms and body and box cut.

Anyway, I can't wait to see your photos Albert!

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Images uploaded to the Rick archives... here's the front shot:

Please excuse the vertical reflection down the center of the coat.

The materials tag was a bit entertaining as the total percentage of the interior fabric equaled 90 versus 100% haha
          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• trentk
            • Oct 2010

This article (from cabinet magazine's issue on evil) reminded me of rick owens' at times hypermodern, menacing aesthetic.
            "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

i think my problems with current rick collections is he's cleaned up the edges and taken out too much of the trash. everything looks too....elegant. Find myself drawn to bbs for that very reason lately.

Comment

• Pleue
                • Sep 2011

By reading some of people's comments here I've gotten affection that Rick's clothes quality has gotten more fragile and breakable than it was before. That obviously means that the clothes get that worn look quicker, so Rick doesn't have to shred the clothes by himself ? Shredded clothes = not so elegant.

So if you wear some of his jackets from latest collection and pair it with Rick's clothes you own from previous ones, the style of the jacket will probably adjust to the same style after a while when it gets worn. Hopefully this made any sense, and please correct me if I'm wrong about the clothes' quality.
                moderation kills the spirit

Comment

• mrbeuys
                  • May 2008

Sorry mate that makes no sense at all but I am mainly posting so we get to the next page quicker and I don't have to look at that vinyl monstrosity at the top of this page every time I come to this thread.
                  Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• BSR
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                    Sorry mate that makes no sense at all but I am mainly posting so we get to the next page quicker and I don't have to look at that vinyl monstrosity at the top of this page every time I come to this thread.

be careful beuys i'm sure kard is waiting for the new page as well
                    pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Servo2000
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                      Images uploaded to the Rick archives... here's the front shot:

Please excuse the vertical reflection down the center of the coat.

The materials tag was a bit entertaining as the total percentage of the interior fabric equaled 90 versus 100% haha
                      Awesome jacket. Love my jacket from exploder, would pick up that bomber you have in an XS in a split second! Miss those prices, too.
                      WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Lane
                        • Aug 2010

I swear my eyes bleed everytime. Also, I dont really see what Pleues point is. I hope it isn't that quality has been purposely decreased in order for it to match older items people own to get that worn look quicker. That would be an absurd notion, lol.

Also, im quite conflicted..haven't been buying rick for as long as many of you for certain, but I do crave the dirty/grittyness from past collections. The newest collection of his is quite sophisticated and elegant, and I do love it quite a bit, but I feel theres a lot missing. I feel SS12 is the epitome of the lack.

Comment

• Pleue
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Lane View Post
                          I swear my eyes bleed everytime. Also, I dont really see what Pleues point is. I hope it isn't that quality has been purposely decreased in order for it to match older items people own to get that worn look quicker. That would be an absurd notion, lol.

Also, im quite conflicted..haven't been buying rick for as long as many of you for certain, but I do crave the dirty/grittyness from past collections. The newest collection of his is quite sophisticated and elegant, and I do love it quite a bit, but I feel theres a lot missing. I feel SS12 is the epitome of the lack.
                          Not exactly my point. I obviously need to improve my way of explaining my thoughts.. I'm not native english speaker and I don't get to use english that much, but trying my best to learn..

Comment

• mrbeuys
                            • May 2008

So here's your chance. What did you mean? I am genuinely curious.
                            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

anyone have a link to the old stag men's photos? feeling nostalgic and accidentally dumped them from my hard drive

Comment

• Pleue
                                • Sep 2011

So here's your chance. What did you mean? I am genuinely curious.
                                Well I'll try.. Rick is maybe trying to widen he's markets by making more elegant and less dirty/gritty clothes since that majority of people probably don't want to buy clothes that already look used etc. I deem that on his latest collections he picks materials that will eventually get that same worn look that he used to make before. That way he would also please people who like that dirty/gritty look on his clothes. This probably sounds very absurd and still makes no sense, so excuse me for that

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎