Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trentk
    • Oct 2010

Is rick channelling nosferatu with the narrow, raised shoulders on his blazers and some of his coats?

"He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• trentk
      • Oct 2010

http://www.madmuseum.org/events/rick...e-and-scarlett

wait.... what? there's a rick owens documentary? why did I never hear about this, and, more importantly, where can I watch it online?

(excuse the double post)
      "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Catfood
        • Oct 2008

Some pictures of the book:

http://www.herviabazaar.com/rick-owe...erviabazaarcom

Looks quite nice. I'm curious as to if it's images only or if it contains any essays.

Comment

• andrew
          • Sep 2009

my copy of the book just arrived, its more or less just images plus a little type here and there and i am pretty sure the first bit is just a reprint of the old book but i only saw it (the old book) a few times so i could be wrong, there is definately some cross over. theres a little section dedicated to Michele towards the end and images of the walkthroughs from some of the recent shows to close the book which is a nice touch i think. Im not normally one to spend alot on a single book but for £55 this was well worth it

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

How did it come out faster in the UK?!
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• andrew
              • Sep 2009

i dont know, amazon told me i wouldnt have it till the 10th so maybe a slip up or maybe they got their stock early? on the other hand maybe the UK is just tiny and so the post is quicker.

Just maybe rick singled me out personally to recieve an early copy as an apology for not giving me a job. maybe.

Comment

• eat me
                • May 2009

£55? How come I see £72? Also, doesn't seem too exciting, but I think I'll pull the trigger sooner or later.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

/\ It's reviewed in StyleZeitgeist magazine ;-) Basically, it's a nice alternative to J'Bien Descendu I Can't Spell for much cheaper.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• andrew
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Basically, it's a nice alternative to J'Bien Descendu I Can't Spell for much cheaper.
                    bingo. as for the price i guess because i preordered ages back and amazon give you whatever was the lowest price since placing the order. Its a nice visual item solely and if you wanted you could probably track down every image on google.

If you only buy one fashion book this year buy the chalayan one, it'll fit on the shelf for a start.

Comment

• eat me
                      • May 2009

/\ It's reviewed in StyleZeitgeist magazine ;-) Basically, it's a nice alternative to J'Bien Descendu I Can't Spell for much cheaper.
                      speaking of which, we should get the shipment today, I was putting reading it off until I could get a copy for myself.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Awesome! Make sure Michael writes me please.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bwahahahaha
                          • Aug 2011

Ugh. Thigh dart just popped open on my detroits. Ridiculous.

Comment

• voice_on_tape
                            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by bwahahahaha View Post
                            Ugh. Thigh dart just popped open on my detroits. Ridiculous.
                            Not too ridiculous, pretty expected actually, i have a pair of aircuts that I have had repaired like 6 times in different spots.... nature of the beast.
                            -v_o_t
                            sale items

Comment

• eat me
                              • May 2009

Awesome! Make sure Michael writes me please.
                              The delivery dropped, Mike is going to be in on Monday, I'll let him know.

Comment

• bwahahahaha
                                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by voice_on_tape View Post
                                Not too ridiculous, pretty expected actually, i have a pair of aircuts that I have had repaired like 6 times in different spots.... nature of the beast.
                                Yeah, I'm aware that it's a pretty common problem (especially in hog wash), still a cause for complaint though. Doesn't mean I'll stop wearing Rick, under repair as we speak.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎