• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Why does he even use a size tag?

nice video, thanks for posting.

i love the idea of an Atelier-RO-Thom Browne colony! [87][86]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
      • Aug 2007

they are? ahha my x girlfriend told me that a while ago but she's french and doesnt understand english very well so i thought she misunderstood that they were both just opening up in the tribecca area. i was gonna mention it here but didnt think it made sense. thats cool though, should mean the buy will pretty much dominate.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

www.style.com has a preview of the new RO store in tribeca

[/quote]

thanks, joey! "instead of a painting i wanted a sculpture because it's more modern, and then i'd thought we'd have it pissing, which is even more modern." [74] Laika, you gotta watch this.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
          • Aug 2007

the best is just that little interlude shot of him sitting and lookin at the camera like hun ahaah

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="ddohnggo"]

[/quote]

thanks, joey! "instead of a painting i wanted a sculpture because it's more modern, and then i'd thought we'd have it pissing, which is even more modern." [74] Laika, you gotta watch this.

[/quote]

i did watch it--see my little post above. What a cutie-pie that Rick is. [73]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• kira
              • Mar 2008

[quote user="laika"][quote user="Faust"][quote user="ddohnggo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i did watch it--see my little post above. What a cutie-pie that Rick is. [73]

[/quote]

Hudson Street will be the little devil sitting on my shoulder, saying just do it... i have the feeling that I will become quite at home with that space and probably know every inch of it very quickly. Metallic leggings.[79]

july=mania

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• what_counts
                • Mar 2008

[quote user="jak1"]

OK.. now,, just downtown NYC at some unnamed discount store trying on some rick owens gear.. and the smalls are sometimes too big and the large are sometimes too small.. I see in the classifieds a guy taking a price lashing on a black leather jacket that was purchased in the wrong size.. I have read here many times about the uncertainty and inconsistency of RO sizing.. I am not even sure why they put a size tag on the garments at this point.. and then I took a step back and thought about the effect of this sizing.. It is almost genius as it places more power into the full priced retailers hands.. it forces customer to go to the official in-person high end boutiques and try on the garments.. This probably strengthens stores that carry the brand.. also, it prevents people from selling things so easy in the secondary market.. SZ, sufu and ebay are different because they do sometimes provide measurements.. but, eluxury, yoox, brownfashions, oki-ni, etc.. just provide a size.. so, as for me.. stuck paying full retail at barneys and atelier until this guy finds a little consistency..

-JAK

[/quote]

He wants to give you hope that maybe its your size and be stupid enough to buy it without trying it on lol jk

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

Re: Rick Owens

New video on www.style.com showing the new Rick Owens space in NY.
                  "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

/\ last page, killer.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

I'm guessing the store will be quite nice..

now why the hell did I watch that video of Thom jogging. dude looks ridicilous running in a button up and cardigan..

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

LUV his trainers and the unlaced waterfall steez
                        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• what_counts
                          • Mar 2008

ricks looking fresh that cape thing he's wearing is badass and i agree with pnod his trainers look so good unlaced

Comment

• justine
                            • Jan 2007

[quote user="what_counts"]ricks looking fresh that cape thing he's wearing is badass and i agree with pnod his trainers look so good unlaced[/quote]

Yeah, the Rick O looks amazing in that cape with his right gun popping out ... as for the shoes -and at the risk of repeating misselph- they do look way better unlaced/loose ....

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

BTW, doesn't the setup look identical to the picture in the New Yorker story?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• g dog
                                • Mar 2008

I was in Palais Royale Jardin store last weekend, according to a member of staff, Rick Owens is looking into a London UK location, whether it happens or not and timescales if it does is another issue.

sorry if this is old news

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎