X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DHC
    • Jul 2007

Re: Rick Owens

Whoa! Anymore pics of the collection? Is this for men? The curved sleeve and rear construction are surprises coming from Rick. Makes me wonder if he'll be throwing out double vents soon.
    Originally posted by Faust
    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• hanajibu
      • Jan 2007

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

s/s09

[/quote]

LOVE this one. thanks Joey! and the jacket is very interesting as well...cannot wait for the RO site to be updated.

Comment

• ykidkwis
        • Jul 2008

this may or may not be entirely subjective...i'm not sure! but i got a pair of black rick owens pants from A... 50%cotton 50% rayon and am wondering if it is intended to have a raw hem or if thats the way he leaves the edge to be hemmed up to the wearers length. I don't know if sometimes he has the bottoms serged to be hemmed up but I noticed its backstitched in the seam allowance inside so maybe its supposed to be raw? I know i can choose to finish it either way because they quite long for me, but i'm wondering if any big RO fans here would advise any way in particular?! I'm so bad at decisions like this.......

to hem clean or leave raw?

Comment

• airboyair
          • Oct 2006

when it's raw, leave it raw.
          Helmut went to the ocean to gather his thoughts. Inspiration comes from retreat.

Comment

• Secretside
            • Jul 2008

a lot of his jeans/trousers have raw hems. I don't know if this is part of the initial design, or if they're specifically left raw to be adjusted. unless they're too long, I would say leave 'em the way they are.

Comment

• ykidkwis
              • Jul 2008

[quote user="SECRETSIDE"]a lot of his jeans/trousers have raw hems. I don't know if this is part of the initial design, or if they're specifically left raw to be adjusted. unless they're too long, I would say leave 'em the way they are.
              [/quote]

yeah they are way too long so i have to take them up...i wonder though if it would be blasphemous to do a clean finish instead?

Comment

• dji
                • Feb 2008

how narrow are they at the hem? if they are relatively slim then I'd probably just leave them to stack at the bottom. otherwise you can always get a tailor to reattach the original raw hems after taking them up.

Comment

• Secretside
                  • Jul 2008

[quote user="ykidkwis"]

[quote user="SECRETSIDE"]a lot of his jeans/trousers have raw hems. I don't know if this is part of the initial design, or if they're specifically left raw to be adjusted. unless they're too long, I would say leave 'em the way they are.
                  [/quote]

yeah they are way too long so i have to take them up...i wonder though if it would be blasphemous to do a clean finish instead?

[/quote]

hardly! if you do decide to get them adjusted and don't like the look of the clean finishes, you can always let the the taken up fabric back down and cut them to the desired length.

seam ripper + (sharp, sharp, sharp) scissors = DIY hemming

Comment

• ykidkwis
                    • Jul 2008

too wide to stack :( they are fairly wide. i think i will do a clean finish....thanks everyone for your help!

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

It's customary to leave dress pants unhemmed. I have yet to see a pair that looks good with raw finish.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

the cardigan and blazer from s/s look great

Rickhasprobably been the most consistent designersin mybookfor the past few seasons [Y]

then again he does rotate quite a bit of stuff whereas some designers dont at all, but personally I dont mind.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ykidkwis
                          • Jul 2008

[quote user="Faust"]It's customary to leave dress pants unhemmed. I have yet to see a pair that looks good with raw finish.
                          [/quote]

the pants are somewhat in between dressy and casual so what do you advise?

Comment

• random
                            • Dec 2007

dont wanna put thisas a question but im always wondering how you guys deal with the straps on some drkshdw stuff. i always leave them where they areas they are parts of the clothes but sometimes they are just pretty annoying.
                            I don't exist.

Comment

• drexl
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="random"]dont wanna put thisas a question but im always wondering how you guys deal with the straps on some drkshdw stuff. i always leave them where they areas they are parts of the clothes but sometimes they are just pretty annoying.[/quote]

On my tees I took them off, then sewed the strap inside a leather jacket (older season, didn't have the strap inside). Left them alone on the jeans though.

Comment

• random
                                • Dec 2007

[quote user="drexl"]

[quote user="random"]dont wanna put thisas a question but im always wondering how you guys deal with the straps on some drkshdw stuff. i always leave them where they areas they are parts of the clothes but sometimes they are just pretty annoying.[/quote]

On my tees I took them off, then sewed the strap inside a leather jacket (older season, didn't have the strap inside). Left them alone on the jeans though.

[/quote]

lol. thats some good idea. i dont have many drkshdw tops tho, worrying that someone might choke me with the straps (j/k).

I don't exist.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎