X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dorje
    • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
    always loved the scarf collar jacket... especially the scraps one. The button-in pocket is cute.
    YES! I just found the Engaged Scraps Scarf Collar Jacket in the classifieds here and it's on it's way to me as we speak!

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

^ congrats! Please let me know if it doesn't work out for you.
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lazyguru View Post
        Only Luca could manage this without some idiotic seam to showcase the selvedge , Does Selvedge fabric even come this wide?
        If you work closely with the fabric companies you can get denim in pretty much any width you'd like.

If anything, the hem selvedge would be the easiest to construct to have as it means you just have a pretty even width sheet of denim. Having selvedge running up the leg seams would require more utilization of the edges of the fabric bolt with potentially more waste of the non-selvedge denim in the center portion of the bolt.
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by lazyguru View Post
          Only Luca could manage this without some idiotic seam to showcase the selvedge , Does Selvedge fabric even come this wide?

late Lunch:
          to the first part: It is perfectly possibly to worship our gods without sublty berating the gods of other men. Let every man be at peace at his own altar
          Is the Jeans even a LUC piece or is it just a part of an ensemble with the jacket being LUC?

to the second part: Yes selvedge jeans does come like that, or better yet every fabric has a Self-Edge
          Its just that Selvedge jeans is traditionally narrower in width than regular jeans fabric .
          On this particular piece is seems to me the selvedge piece is added to finish the hem with a seam (not visible in the pic). my reason for saying that is the selvedge hem finish is running on a different grain thanof the pant and as stitch to achieve that it had to be cut away and stitched on
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
            If you work closely with the fabric companies you can get denim in pretty much any width you'd like.

If anything, the hem selvedge would be the easiest to construct to have as it means you just have a pretty even width sheet of denim. Having selvedge running up the leg seams would require more utilization of the edges of the fabric bolt with potentially more waste of the non-selvedge denim in the center portion of the bolt.
            EXACTLY

but that aside the non selvage parts dont really go to waste, they are often used on things like denim jackets, pocket facing waistbands and other non leg parts
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• lazyguru
              • Jun 2008

[QUOTE=[COLOR="red"]zamb[/COLOR];470891]late Lunch:

[/U][/I]On this particular piece is seems to me the selvedge piece is added to finish the hem with a seam (not visible in the pic). /QUOTE]

Agreed on the 1st bit .. & am educated on the width , thought they were traditionally made on vintage machines which could not weave such large widths.

YEs they are LUC jeans

But I dunno about that Z , You know how madman genius crazy Luca is re his patterns , his whole shtick is the process & the result and finding new ways to do it. Just look at the no top seam pants a super painstaking task & totally unnecessary but the final outcome looks amazing.

I cannot believe for a second he would cheat by adding a piece to finish the hem , these jean legs are one piece!

Comment

• LelandJ
                Banned
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Dorje View Post
                YES! I just found the Engaged Scraps Scarf Collar Jacket in the classifieds here and it's on it's way to me as we speak!
                Good purchase, was considering it myself a week ago. Hope you post a fitpic with it.

Comment

• Scander
                  • Jul 2013

I saw some "t-shirt" that looks like sweaters in 70% cachemire and 30% silk. Are them properly a long sleeve t-shirt or are called t-shirt for their lightweight?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

The latter. I mean, none of them are technically t-shirts as they are all knit and not cut-and-sew. That fabric combo is a serious winner. I want everything in it.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Scander
                      • Jul 2013

Yeah sure, is not a jersey overlocked. And is 'cause of this that I don't understand the difference between what is called "sweater" and what is called "t-shirt" LS. Anyway, I'm in love with a blue 70% cachemire and 30% silk. :D

Thank you Faust!

Comment

• gavroche88
                        • Jun 2010

Do the heavier knit jackets tend to fit 1-2 sizes small like the sweaters?

Comment

• nicelynice
                          • Oct 2009

heavier knits and jackets tend to fit true-to-size. I've gotta size way up on the light knits, but for things like the scarf collar the fit is right in line with what I usually wear. I've seem some variance, though, so always ask for the fit

Comment

• Dropt
                            • May 2009

Can we still special order LUC pieces? I've seen it coming up several times in the thread – I guess it'd have to be through a store or something. If someone could shed some light…
                            Last edited by Dropt; 12-07-2015, 06:01 AM.

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

some stores can do it for you but it can take a few months, and it depends on the piece too as some are not possible to make anymore for various reasons. hide-m is the first place I would ask.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Dropt
                                • May 2009

Thanks man, will look it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎