Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monty76
    • Sep 2006

Yeah i would say the jointed pair definitely has a stormtrooper influence.

The leather treatment on the first pair looks amazing...

Comment

• loveless
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
      fixed for you. ;) although stealing cdiem concepts would be less heinous.
      haha touche.

although i was really only talking about the weirdo boot. everything else, yea, thats obvious.

although i think its clear that augusta aren't designers they are cobblers.

i don't think they are trying to hide the fact they jack others designs or concepts.

ie the carpe boot is just a straight up replica (like wjk), same with the ccp stuff and ma

Comment

• diamonds
        • Dec 2006

[off topic]

actually its been posted here before but the wjk were just 'rebranded' carpe diem deadstock.

[on topic]

its not fair to the actual designers for augusta to steal their designs. nobody was cool with Black Scissors when they did it (and weren't designers, they were 'tailors'). same shit different colour

Comment

• asis
          • Dec 2008

fixed for you. ;) although stealing cdiem concepts would be less heinous.
          from what I have heard its not just the concepts but actual lasts he stole from c. diem

I find it hard to believe (that at this level in the market, where originality is seemingly held in such high esteem) that retailers choose to support him...

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

to his credit, he was the cdiem shoemaker.
            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Vikeid
              • Feb 2009

maybe he copies.. but i must say that almost all of these shoes looks fantastic. i would love to get that black ankle height boot. but they are so fucking expensive. saw some at darklands and they were over 1300€, whats up with that. are they made of gold?

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

For some reason the "jointed" ones make me think of tron.

I like the M.A.+ ripoffs almost as much as the original M.A.+ boots.
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Trebre
                  • Mar 2009

to his credit, he was the cdiem shoemaker.
                  Yes.
                  Let's not forget that fact.
                  Actually i really like Augustas tall lace up boots (not seen in these pics).
                  Great quality, colors and comfort (unmatched) and a distinctive look that's not quite cdiem and not Carol either.
                  I just can't understand Augustas sidezip boots.
                  Why make such an obvious CCP rip off?
                  The actual design with the "triangle cut" is a very old concept, i believe from 1800-something which one can find in all sorts of old west work boots.
                  But the overall look and treatment is so CCP.
                  Can't get my head around it.
                  Someone with inside knowledge maybe could enlighten me?

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

^ it has been discussed before and it never leads to any logical conclusion, some despise the label, some like it and the rest are some what confused.

I probably fall into the last category, like you said some of the boots are fairly original and have very nice details and the quality seems to be there. some of the lace up shoes have fantastic materials and finishes, thought certain models are more or less close to Poell's design. but then there are those blatant copies that just leave everyone saying "what the fuck just happened"
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• surver
                      • Oct 2007

it's always a hard thing to distinguish between who copies who when the accused 'copier' used to work for the 'original' doing the same thing...

actually i don't see that much similarity between augusta and ccp but with cdiem definitedly yes.

Comment

• DHC
                        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by surver View Post
                        actually i don't see that much similarity between augusta and ccp but with cdiem definitedly yes.
                        I don't see how you can miss it. I think its pretty glaringly obvious, down to the laces. That last pair of boots actually really scream Augusta to me. He's definitely got some skills on the design end...I just don't understand why he doesn't run with it. It puzzles me when people with strong talent fear failure, when so many without succeed.
                        Originally posted by Faust
                        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• kbi
                          • Feb 2009

Isn't it somehow logic that his shoes remind/look just like the cdiem shoes just like the MA+ leather shirts remind you of the cdiem shirts? ...

Change needs Inspiration needs time (he hasn't got?)

Comment

• raddy
                            • Oct 2008

Yeah the first black boots look identical to avantindietros. That being said, the 6 holes look awesome. Is the construction worse/different this season?
                            Looking for CCP Rain in 50, IS/MA+ loose trousers (IS S/S10!!)

Comment

• asho
                              • Nov 2007

I think it is being slightly too harsh to write augusta as mere copiers... unlike clothing, there aren't actually that many ways you can make a shoe. aside from which it would seem that all the designers working in this vein are trying to create replicas of the shoes seen in the abhorrently named 'styles of the lower classes' thread.

Comment

• surver
                                • Oct 2007

Originally posted by asho View Post
                                I think it is being slightly too harsh to write augusta as mere copiers... unlike clothing, there aren't actually that many ways you can make a shoe. aside from which it would seem that all the designers working in this vein are trying to create replicas of the shoes seen in the abhorrently named 'styles of the lower classes' thread.
                                well said.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎