X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

^ I agree on some counts, but I think its quite well established that with a couple of models they have simply strayed too close to existing designs.

when the cut is precisely the same, stitching is similar, zipper placement is the same and even the leather grain looks almost identical.. I wouldn't only blame this on "all shoes look alike".

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• asis
      • Dec 2008

obviously menswear is more precious over its details or what you may consider designers little trade marks that come up season after season, being more subtle than womanswear. I mean nobody can really trademark the old style work boot / shoe, but Augusta certainly has tried to capture the ccp aesthetic or more-so visual feel of the leathers etc, what really got me the first time i turned over a pair of augusta's was the precise number and placement of the nails, and you cant say that is standard...

I guess its also horrific to see your favorite designers work to become more main stream, i don't mean on the designer's part necessarily but in gaining a wider expectance and larger audience. ie Rick and perhaps ccp over the coming years. Naturally it falls victim to the greater powers of the fashion industry in the work being immolated and or worn by people you would not care to be visually associated with.

Comment

• Diego
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Monty76 View Post
        Augusta SS09

I like them.

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by asis View Post
          obviously menswear is more precious over its details or what you may consider designers little trade marks that come up season after season, being more subtle than womanswear. I mean nobody can really trademark the old style work boot / shoe, but Augusta certainly has tried to capture the ccp aesthetic or more-so visual feel of the leathers etc, what really got me the first time i turned over a pair of augusta's was the precise number and placement of the nails, and you cant say that is standard...

I guess its also horrific to see your favorite designers work to become more main stream, i don't mean on the designer's part necessarily but in gaining a wider expectance and larger audience. ie Rick and perhaps ccp over the coming years. Naturally it falls victim to the greater powers of the fashion industry in the work being immolated and or worn by people you would not care to be visually associated with.
          i believe this is known around these parts as the SZ EFFECT
          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

I'll just say I had a terrible experience with one of the FW08 Augustas. But I love my SS07 lace ups. If you're gonna cop, cop the most plain versions.
            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

ewww what happened
              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

Well, not to totally turn everyone away, I think I got a lemon of a boot.
                But it was the dual layer mid ankle boot; On the left shoe the top portion was stitched so that it didn't fit around the ankle properly and it always opened to expose your sock (the right shoe was stitched correctly). Then on top of that, the tongue on the left shoe was about 1.5-2" higher than the right shoe. And because they decided to give the boot short laces, the tongue just flopped right over (the right shoe's tongue was fine). Over all, it just wasn't refined and I was pretty bummed. The shape was nice and the fit through the foot was good but yea, the boots/shoes I have liked have all been the simple versions, like the ones Barneys carried.

Comment

• awlouie
                  • Sep 2007

From my experience of the two Augustas that I own: 8 hole lace up boots and thermic wraparound boots; they seem well constructed and I like the ruggedness.
                  But my "go to" favorites are still Carpe Diems as far as style!
                  "Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
                  -Bruce Lee

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Yea, I was contemplating those wrap arounds but decided to get grandaddy+ instead. Glad they worked out for you though.

I do dig those lace ups from Lazzari.

Comment

• pgriffith72000
                      • Mar 2009

casius, sorry to hear about your FW boot. its funny but i think i just bought the same style from Atelier (its also F/W). The dark cordovan boot with the short laces and the dobule layer ankle? They are being shipped to me tomorrow so now Im curious to see how the quality is.

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

Good luck man! Hopefully you and I aren't the same size....

Comment

• pgriffith72000
                          • Mar 2009

LOL..did u get yours from A as well? size 11? :)

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

Damn it's a small world...lol. Yup.

Comment

• pgriffith72000
                              • Mar 2009

did you return yours? that is pretty funny.

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

Sent you a pm homie. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎