X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahlefeldt
    • May 2008

Re: Annhagen

I don't think that they'll open a Webshop to be honest. It's not their style.

Comment

• HWith
      • May 2007

I second that. But you never know. (-:

[quote user="ahlefeldt"]I don't think that they'll open a Webshop to be honest. It's not their style.

[/quote]

Comment

• bestial
        • Jun 2008

Looks like they gonna show their SS09 at Tranoï Homme 26-29 of june. Really lookin' forward to it!

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

i tried to check out that store 1206 but it was closed at 5 on a saturday.

as was the henrik flagship store but they were closing although there were people in the store and they wouldn't let me look for 2 seconds. i got really pissed and argued w them because i was leaving the next day, but the bitches didnt give a shit.

also missed the store down the block that carried rick, etc. by two minutes.

this is what drives me bonkers about europe. shops close saturday afternoon early and dont open until monday. how the hell do people shop? on their lunch break?

methinks europe will soon adopt a more friendly american seven days a week approach to selling. its stupid not to. i sort of hate europe now. or i guess i'm just used to the sos.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• bestial
            • Jun 2008

So you american can shop 24/7 ? Put's some power in the word consumerism [74] Well yeah, of course it sucks when the stores close early and you have to wait until monday, but that wont applie to every store through out europe. But I think most of the small stores with a pretty small customrate and low number of employees like to have some free time and therefore close around 3-5 pm on saturday and have all sunday free.

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

I personally would prefer it if all retail shops took on the "Taiwanese Night Market" mentality and opened when most people finish their 9-5 jobs and stay open late so that people can enjoy the shopping without having to rush to the store right after work to make it to the 6 pm closing time

*ahem* Alan Bilzerian.... I can't count the number of times I didn't get to make it over there post-work when i was in Boston!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• bestial
                • Jun 2008

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

I personally would prefer it if all retail shops took on the "Taiwanese Night Market" mentality and opened when most people finish their 9-5 jobs and stay open late so that people can enjoy the shopping without having to rush to the store right after work to make it to the 6 pm closing time

*ahem* Alan Bilzerian.... I can't count the number of times I didn't get to make it over there post-work when i was in Boston!

[/quote]

Yeah, this is a great system, only that all nice daywalks when you're free from school or work would'nt be possible.

Comment

• Avantster
                  ¤¤¤
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

[/quote]

Too right, and that's one reason why I love shopping in Asia.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• noerml
                    • May 2008

While I can totally understand the reasoning behind 24/7 shops or those "taiwanese night markets", I usually sort of.. hm. pity the employees. Working on night shift sucks. Besides i doubt any of the shops that carry the brands I like could afford to open 24/7 or at night, without increasing the prices, something i am not exactly looking forward, especially since (to stay on topic) AnnHagen got so expensive the last two season.
                    A year ago i bought some tripple layered longsleeve with some sort of jersey vest, atavistic hood and scarf integrated for roughly ?160, now you won't even
                    get some asymetrical longsleeve for that price. pathetic and a pity. on the other hand so many more shops are carrying her these days, I guess that's the price you have to pay.
                    And through their parting lids there came and went
                    Keen glimpses of the inner firmament

Comment

• theaddict
                      • Apr 2008

I totally agree with you Albert. I hate the situation here in Germany, although it has improved lately with supermarkets closing at 10p.m. Before, if i had to work till 11p.m. there was no chance to buy food or something else for the household.

I want 24/7 here too!!!

Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• noerml
                        • May 2008

I totally and vehemently disagree here... opening shops 24/7 will not improve anything, things will only worsen.
                        Now of course it is convenient, but people won't actually buy more. Sure maybe a certain percentage won't order pizzas late at night
                        but drop by at the supermarket to pick up some instant stuff, however maintenance costs will horrendously increase for the supermarket, something
                        that will either be reflected in the price of the products (and anyone watching international finance markets will agree, that we don't need yet another
                        factor that drives up food prices), or quality, or the wages. And I personally don't see how you could justify bad quality, lower wages and more expensive food just with something trivial as convenience.
                        If grocery stores start opening 24/7 other shops will follow, to some extent at least, but somehow the increased mainenance costs have to be figured out, and usually it's the employees who will have to carry the burden. That usually results in either longer working time or like i already mentioned lower wages.
                        Either way it will result in less time to go shopping for those people (since lower wages too often results in having to pick up a side job these days), and such a minor thing as prolonging the shop-hours can send down(parts of ) an economy down a spiral. Now a booming economy can support a lot..not only an over-proportioned wellfare system but also ridicilous business-hours.. however right now we experience anything but a boom. Now i really sound like a gloom and doomer .. oh well ;-) can't be helped... however there are those who say longer shop-hours also invigorate business... wonder if the U.S is up to serve as a rolemodel *smirk*
                        And through their parting lids there came and went
                        Keen glimpses of the inner firmament

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

i was never saying 24/7 which is pretty absurd. just arguing for stores open til 7 or 8 on a saturday and sunday..their business would increase tenfold. the few shops in copenhagen that were open on sunday were doing tons of business.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="noerml"]I totally and vehemently disagree here... opening shops 24/7 will not improve anything, things will only worsen. Now of course it is convenient, but people won't actually buy more. Sure maybe a certain percentage won't order pizzas late at night but drop by at the supermarket to pick up some instant stuff, however maintenance costs will horrendously increase for the supermarket, something that will either be reflected in the price of the products (and anyone watching international finance markets will agree, that we don't need yet another factor that drives up food prices), or quality, or the wages. And I personally don't see how you could justify bad quality, lower wages and more expensive food just with something trivial as convenience. If grocery stores start opening 24/7 other shops will follow, to some extent at least, but somehow the increased mainenance costs have to be figured out, and usually it's the employees who will have to carry the burden. That usually results in either longer working time or like i already mentioned lower wages. Either way it will result in less time to go shopping for those people (since lower wages too often results in having to pick up a side job these days), and such a minor thing as prolonging the shop-hours can send down(parts of ) an economy down a spiral. Now a booming economy can support a lot..not only an over-proportioned wellfare system but also ridicilous business-hours.. however right now we experience anything but a boom. Now i really sound like a gloom and doomer .. oh well ;-) can't be helped... however there are those who say longer shop-hours also invigorate business... wonder if the U.S is up to serve as a rolemodel *smirk*[/quote]

I.... was just kidding!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

[74]

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

junkies gotta get their fix 24/7
                                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢