Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stereophobic
    • Aug 2009

Try Mercury-Japan as they will be putting up their IS buy after this weekend.
    An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• eleven crows
      • Mar 2011

Got the derbies in black. I'll post up some pics later on if people are interested. Absolutely lovely shoes.

Comment

• surver
        • Oct 2007

thanks stereophobic for the heads up.

but, sigh... i wish they didn't try so hard to do something different.. the shoes would be infinitely more wearable, versatile and long lasting if it's all the same leather on the same side... maybe it'll be nicer when it gets more worn/beat-up more...

(from http://ameblo.jp/mercury-maeda)
        Last edited by surver; 08-25-2012, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• garbage_queen
          • Dec 2010

In my opinion, Individual Sentiments, one of the best brands to work with fabrics! I have a few things and they cause positive emotions and feelings!

Comment

• underdog
            • Aug 2009

Looking for images for SS13 collection - anyone?

Comment

• stereophobic
              • Aug 2009

After finally having handled all of the IS capsule collection, I've got to hand it to Yoko and company's attempt at putting the IS spin on footwear.

Great leather options - a textured dark grey horse leather being my favorite, sleek construction and a comfortable fit (still fits one size large like her previous footwear though which makes buying online kind of tricky.)

While I don't necessarily like all of the shoe designs, and the issue of pricing seems to hover over this collection, I think it's a great addition to the label's range, and I feel it's a shame that most stockists decided to go with the most obvious buys for it.
              An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• Kuat
                • Nov 2012

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
                Got the derbies in black. I'll post up some pics later on if people are interested. Absolutely lovely shoes.
                Definitely post photos.

Also, can anyone post more info on IS Autumn/Winter 2012 shoe sizing? Are the true to size? I'm about to pull the trigger on the white derbies.

Edit: cowsareforeating, noted on posting in the correct sub-forum. I just thought that in here people would be more familiar with IS items (and I was correct, eleven crows already helped me out in PM, probably saving me a lot of money).
                Last edited by Kuat; 01-12-2013, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                  • Jan 2011

i think faust is trying to get the point across that you need to stop posting about purchasing and sizing in a designer discussion thread. those questions go to the shopping & personal style thread.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

IS by Individual Sentiments Footwear

more photos in the link

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• pregnantbob
                        • May 2011

love the overlap look on the heel.

Comment

• modalsaliency
                          • May 2010

Originally posted by pregnantbob View Post
                          love the overlap look on the heel.
                          Wait until you try to vibram it.

Thinking of selling mine for this reason.

Comment

• pregnantbob
                            • May 2011

Originally posted by modalsaliency View Post
                            Wait until you try to vibram it.

Thinking of selling mine for this reason.
                            haha, as in vibram the heel? I would probably do the front of the sole... but i suppose you make a good point, the overlapping part would wear out...

and adding an extra padding on the heel would throw the balance off?

Comment

• modalsaliency
                              • May 2010

Yes, of course.

You can't add vibrams of uneven thickness to the front and back without ruining the aesthetic (and the balance, due to how the shoe is constructed).

You can do as I did and add the thin part of the vibram intended for the front of the sole also to the back by shaving away a small part of the sole and then making the vibram taper from both ends as it runs inward to the arch. But this is a stopgap solution at best, since it obviously wears out extremely fast in the back (less than a month for me).

It also does not distribute shock well since when walking we strike with the heel and the arch curves rather than simply being a perpendicular slab like a standard boot. This causes any protective layer to crack away from the bottom rather than be shorn away from the top.

There isn't really an elegant solution that I've found.

I'm in love with the boots, and I'm in love with wearing the boots. I'm just less sanguine about having worn the boots.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎