Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stereophobic
    • Aug 2009

IS is normally fitted, I wouldn't say super-fitted though - it really depends on the fabric. The model is a tall 46 and most samples are made in size 1 or -0 like the coat that Faust (and myself!) ordered for SS12 which looked tight as hell on the dude.
    An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
      • Jan 2011

emmmm there is slimmer stuff but a lot of their tailored jackets don't seem to be all that slim along the body? granted maybe because my body is more \ / shaped but some of the fit pics on hlorenzo look silly and even the layers model looks like he has room

eg:
      H.Lorenzo brings a diverse aesthetic to the high-end retail industry showcasing emerging designers from around the world.

&

LAYERS sources the finest avant-garde and contemporary fashion designers from around the world. Discover Maison Margiela, Uma Wang, MM6, By Walid, Rundholz, and more at our boutique in Soho, London!

perhaps just an optical illusion.

Comment

• michael_kard
        • Oct 2010

I always felt IS runs at least a size too big, and with some jackets a 1 can fit a 48/50.
        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• stereophobic
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
          I always felt IS runs at least a size too big, and with some jackets a 1 can fit a 48/50.
          again, it depends on the cut and the fabric - the basics are always TTS but the outerwear is a bit trickier - I'm a 48 and normally wear a size 2 but can wear a size 1 in the SS11 linen jacket and in some of the thicker fabric reiterations of the gloved blazer.
          An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
            emmmm there is slimmer stuff but a lot of their tailored jackets don't seem to be all that slim along the body? granted maybe because my body is more \ / shaped but some of the fit pics on hlorenzo look silly and even the layers model looks like he has room
            those are pretty extreme representations of silhouette imo, the H.L. model seems to be wearing everything sized up. if you look at other styled pictures, such as the ones above, these here or the new season preview on Parable, you can see that a large part of it is quite fitted as mentioned.

obviously it all depends on the sizing, but one of the few notably looser silhouettes imo is on the coat you linked from layers. I'd say a majority of the outerwear is pretty slim cut, and so are the pants for the most part.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• eleven crows
              • Mar 2011

geez louise. from a disappointing ss to a aw that is killin it on the preview pics alone. bringing back the gloved jacket... man, i love that thing. it awakens every second winter in a slightly different cut.

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
              Parable has quite a few pictures of the shoes in their preview
              much obliged.

Comment

• garbage_queen
                • Dec 2010

Slightly disappointed by the things last season! There is no doubt only a selection of materials! Previous videos - fascinated. Last - depressed.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
                  geez louise. from a disappointing ss to a aw that is killin it on the preview pics alone. bringing back the gloved jacket... man, i love that thing. it awakens every second winter in a slightly different cut.

much obliged.
                  i remember the gloved jacket from aw09, wish it didn't have patch pockets... do we have hope for an updated iteration?

Comment

• Raw
                    • Oct 2009

Nope, they have patch pockets. It will come in two fabrics, dot over printed wool and double face wool/cotton which looks very nice.

Last edited by Raw; 04-09-2012, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                      • Jan 2011

raw you were the one who pointed out the patch pockets and now i cant ignore them :(

oh well, more money for ccp.

raw do you know what exactly they do to make the dot over printed wool and some of their weirder print patterns this year?

Comment

• docus
                        • Dec 2010

Each to their own, but I think the patch pockets work well with that jacket - it's a piece which plays with suit conventions, distorting the classical lines we're all used to, and the patch pockets bring in a traditional element which gives just the right counter-balance to the more experimental aspects of the design.

In contrast, I have a different SS12 blazer with a much more pared down interpretation of the traditional blazer cut, and that one has the minimalist vertical slit pockets that we're more used to from the CDiem days - I think they work perfectly here, as patch pockets would interfere with the clean lines:

I must say, I also beg to differ about the overall quality of the SS12 collection - it has some wonderful things, and the fabrics are superb - as well as the above, check out Faust's long coat.

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

I like the patch pockets on this......it works really great here. I think this blazer would also look really good worn oversized
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• michael_kard
                            • Oct 2010

WTF is up with that sleeve length? It does look like the models are very tall and have sized down but still it looks like 24-25" at most. If I wanted to go for that cropped look I'd rather wear TB
                            ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                            Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• docus
                              • Dec 2010

The outer sleeves are intentionally short to expose the extended inner sleeves - it's not a sweater you see covering the model's wrist, it's part of the jacket.

Comment

• BSR
                                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by docus View Post
                                The outer sleeves are intentionally short to expose the extended inner sleeves - it's not a sweater you see covering the model's wrist, it's part of the jacket.

something someone less in a hurry than M.K. would have noticed maybe, taking into account the difference in color between the inner sleeves and the longsleeve underneath
                                pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                                Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎