Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Acid, Bitter and Sad
    • Mar 2007

The initial picture of the IS derbies (where you don't really see the leather-covered heels) looks incredible. I'd instantly place an order for that.
    Upon seeing the covered heels now, I'm no longer that sure. The wearing down of the heal/leather, and the likely fraying of the leather doesn't sound, and probably won't look, too appealing.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
      • Mar 2007

^ I hear you Q. I guess if the heel guard taps work to protect the leather bit, and you do sound pretty confident, then all's good
      Btw, do the derbies come in 2-hole and 4-hole versions?

edit: Never mind about the question, I just realized that the 4-hole is from Yohji...

Comment

• MASUGNEN
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
        The wearing down of the heal/leather, and the likely fraying of the leather doesn't sound, and probably won't look, too appealing.
        That would be my primary reason to buy this shoe. Derbies need a good povera treatment.

Comment

• Torchiere
          • May 2009

How's the sizing like for their outerwear? Is their sizing consistent across pieces? (ie. are the pieces cut so they fit slim/oversized as intended?)
          Or does it greatly depend on the specific model?

I don't have the luxury of trying them on in person, but based off of some measurements, I have seen some size 0's fit like 1's, and 1's fit like 2's, and vice versa.

I currently own a sweater and a tee, both in size 2, while the sweater fits perfectly, the tee is cut hella tight.

Thinking of putting an order through, many thanks for any help

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
            • Mar 2007

Couple of size 0 pants I have from SS2010 could fit a 46, a size 1 short sleeve tee from AW2009 that fits a 44.
            Tried a size 0 coat that fits even a tad snug for a 44.
            As what Q said, best to try it in person.

Comment

• Torchiere
              • May 2009

Thanks merz and ABS, I'll try to get some hands on experience.

And yea ABS, their short sleeved tees are cut really slim aren't they. It was a surprise when I opened my package, thought to myself, shit this is small. But after a couple of wears it's stretching and fitting better.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
                The initial picture of the IS derbies (where you don't really see the leather-covered heels) looks incredible. I'd instantly place an order for that.
                Upon seeing the covered heels now, I'm no longer that sure. The wearing down of the heal/leather, and the likely fraying of the leather doesn't sound, and probably won't look, too appealing.
                I have the YY shoes, wore/wear them heavily, heel's maintained a lot better than some of my other shoes (heel's worn slower than my Aldens, surprisingly), the leather flap tears away a bit but I like that kind of look. That said, the IS look a fuck of a lot sturdier than the YYs, i'd kop in confidence if I were you.
                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• nakata
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by kompressorkev View Post
                  nice!! great stuff indeed. the cuts are always nice, but the fabrics as well are especially good this season.
                  Second! I just tried some stuff yesterday. i quite like most of them a lot, especially this jacket 10SS version.

I'd like to kop it if i didn't just buy it in 09SS version:

The fencing cotton leather jacket? looks awesome too, but i just don't like the materials (cotton and lamb leather go together) on it:

Comment

• Nikov
                    • Nov 2008

^^ never seen those pics before. do you mind sharing where you got them from?

Comment

• Raw
                      • Oct 2009

Comment

• nakata
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2009

i can't remember where i get them from. But i don't think that i got them from that website. Because i have some more pics which i don't see on that website:

Anyways, when i find out where i got them from, i'll pm you, N. Or the members here will do that for you i think. They know it better than me.

Comment

• Raw
                          • Oct 2009

Oh it must have been from here then

Comment

• nakata
                            Banned
                            • Oct 2009

Honestly, i can't remember that where did i get those pics from....Good to know that, R. Thanks!

Comment

• kuugaia
                              • Feb 2010

^^ That's one of the few sites that does IS items justice in pics. The leather looks great, although I'm generally not a fan of mixing leather with cloth.

Comment

• Nikov
                                • Nov 2008

Thanks Raw

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡