• Jun 2008

Comment

• Chant
        Banned
        • Jun 2008

Comment

• Mail-Moth
          • Mar 2009

I love those pants. Already sent an email to ask for some precisions.
          The jacket doesn't look so bad either.
          I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
          I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• huckleberry
            • Jul 2009

Think I'm going to get a pair of the slim trousers. Just to confirm, a size eu48 on the website is a mens medium/32" waist. Wasn't sure if they were unisex which may change things.

Comment

• DHC
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by christianef View Post
              i find some of the buttoning a bit confusing. how many buttons does this jacket have?

seems like there one lower and opposite to the one you can see like the one above. but cant tell.
              I believe this one is a single button jacket Christianef. An earlier iteration of the s jacket model featuring dual button holes and removable double button (as traditionally used with shawls and picots) to augment button stance (being a unisex design).
              Originally posted by Faust
              fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• christianef
                • Feb 2009

thanks DHC! thats what i was hoping to hear. i really like the one button sartorial loft had before and wanted something similar that would fit me. to be safe ill send them an email to confirm before placing an order.

thanks for bringing this offer to our attention as well. does SL still carry marvie? wouldnt think her selling the line at cost would be good ffrom other stockists point of view but its nice to know!

Comment

• asho
                  • Nov 2007

had ndf not been banned we could have got some greater insight into this interesting little company... he worked with marvie while she was designing this collection. if i understand what he said properly the clothes aren't actually unisex. the pieces are the same in name and concept but are cut differently for men and women. definitely picking up some M or L pants, maybe S, can't decide.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                    • Mar 2009

Further informations :

The pants and jackets are cut in the same fabric : black with thin grey stripes, 50% cotton, 50% wool.

The sizing doesn't seem to be tricky. At least I hope so. I'll keep my fingers crossed until I receive my order.

Edit : here are the conditions concerning the order :
                    - a pre-order confirmation has to be signed and sent back
                    - delivery planned for the end of june
                    - payment cash two weeks before delivery ; shipping not included and at the buyer's charge.
                    Last edited by Mail-Moth; 05-02-2010, 09:36 AM.
                    I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                    I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by asho View Post
                      had ndf not been banned we could have got some greater insight into this interesting little company... he worked with marvie while she was designing this collection. if i understand what he said properly the clothes aren't actually unisex. the pieces are the same in name and concept but are cut differently for men and women. definitely picking up some M or L pants, maybe S, can't decide.
                      had not ndf behaved like a dickhead, he would not have been banned. i know marvie and marvie knows SZ very well - she is welcome to contribute here herself.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DHC
                        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by christianef View Post
                        thanks DHC! thats what i was hoping to hear. i really like the one button sartorial loft had before and wanted something similar that would fit me. to be safe ill send them an email to confirm before placing an order.

thanks for bringing this offer to our attention as well. does SL still carry marvie? wouldnt think her selling the line at cost would be good ffrom other stockists point of view but its nice to know!
                        My pleasure. We do carry Marvielab in store, but the deals Marvie is throwing out there are too good to pass up. So we have been directing everyone to purchase directly through her. She is a very dear friend of mine and I love the SZ community. This is a win/win situation for everyone and I for one am happy to see all the interest. Go SZ!

Sartorialoft

Comment

• Chant
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by asho View Post
                          Here's Marvie's reply :
                          For clothes: men and women have similar volumes but the patterns are different.
                          No unisex sizes because they have a different development.
                          For a better fit i can not do the same pants or jacket for men and women.

Comment

• DHC
                            • Jul 2007

Thanks Christian! And thank you for posting all the images too!

Sartorialoft

Comment

• Chant
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by DHC View Post
                              Thanks Christian! And thank you for posting all the images too!
                              You're welcome ! You remember of course who introduced me to her work ?

Comment

• Chant
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2008

Vogue Italia

At the centre of her research is the individual, "in their best state". Mariavittoria Sargentini, or Marvie in the art world, considers the point of reference pof her collection: "the history and evolution" and she reflects on the idea of "dressing consciously", with the result of studies of shape and its function.

Traveling through Perugia, where she was born, Sicily Tuscany and Sardinia, her single projects are the fruit of the deconstruction and re-organization of classic wardrobe pieces, following the philosophy of paying attention to human behaviour in everyday life.

Dressing consciously becomes an analysis of relationships and the interaction between humans, which represents the volume and the personality and the clothing, as well as the shape and material. "If man is a changeable being, then clothing works as many different things - explains Mariavittoria Sargentini - From the interaction between two people, the body finds its own way of dressing and the clothing finds its own personality".
                                The physical translation of these main principals is evident is the choice of construction-pieces in natural materials, suitable for any season.

The artistic evolution of the designer involved the study of literature and a two year experience as an assistent in the style office of Antonio Marras and three years for Carpe Diem.
                                Then the development of the project Linea for Maurizio Altieri and in 2006 the launch of her personal brand. In 2007 her projects S+M+L and t-shirt conquered the White Inside Award and in 2009 Marvie was a finalist in the lastest edition of Who is on Next? for the men's division.
                                "The project has been a window for me until now, but I'd like it to become a door!" comments the designer, who entrusts her research of inspiration to "the reality which we live and the immagination which we try to live, focusing on productivity of the Japanese and the Belgians". She explains that for her timeless and season-less pieces she has chosen "natural materials in mixed compositions."

What does the future hold? The designer says "At the moment I don't see anything that has meaning or continuity. I can only hope for a better future".

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎