Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • christianef
    • Feb 2009

^cool i thought it was something like that. thanks for info.

Comment

• asho
      • Nov 2007

those pants would be so nice, if only the fly were extended along with the crotch... the proportions are just a little off.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

2011 - in'es'terno

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

I have to say that this is a rare collection for me in the sense that it didn't necessarily translate to me on the rack, but once worn it looks very good. and I don't mean quality etc., everything felt nice and seemed well made, but maybe it didn't strike me as wearable initially. however, all of it made much more sense after seeing it styled.

what can't be seen that well in the pictures is of course the materials, which are extremely nice. the focus is on reversible pieces, which the title in'es'terno ("in'ext'erior") refers to.

following in the vein of the S-M-L project, the fabrics for the reversible jackets range from heavy to light weight as follows: HEAVY: 100% cotton, MEDIUM-HEAVY: 90% linen 10% cotton, MEDIUM: 60% cotton 40% wool, MEDIUM-LIGHT: cotton-linen, LIGHT: linen on one side and brown/grey cotton-linen on the other side. other materials include natural fibres and colours in shades of whites and greys. a very interesting one used is milk fibre and lenpur.

t-shirts are reversible as well with french seams that slightly change the look when reversed. these are somewhat reminiscent of some continues pieces. The shoes are a new project, which are made from linen, natural rubber and cork.

in the last photo you can see the new iteritation of the Coating project. the coat comes in three layers, black cotton on the top, dark grey wool-linen in the middle and third layer greenish black waterproof cotton. all three layers, as previously, can be worn on their own or in varying orders.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
              • Mar 2007

A, thanks for the pics, and insights to the fabrics and concept

Love that reversible jacket!

Comment

• christianef
                • Feb 2009

thanks for the pictures/ review. fabrics look good to me even in the pictures a few of these looks are exactly what im in the mood for to see on men. very clean, lovely proportions. didnt know she did footwear either interested to see more detailed shots.

Comment

• laika
                  • Sep 2006

thanks for the pics and descriptions lowrey
                  I like the t's and trousers...
                  very nice to see such a youthful and clean interpretation of volume.

Originally posted by asho View Post
                  those pants would be so nice, if only the fly were extended along with the crotch... the proportions are just a little off.
                  i had the same thought...
                  ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Chant
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by laika View Post
                    Position of the camera does not help.

Comment

• rider
                      eyes of the world
                      • Jun 2009

^ so true, they appear to have "mini me" theme to them.

Comment

• jevna
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by laika View Post
                        thanks for the pics and descriptions lowrey
                        I like the t's and trousers...
                        very nice to see such a youthful and clean interpretation of volume.

Originally posted by asho View Post

The length of the fly actually doesn't have a stylistic purpose, only functional. The 3 different fits (S,M,L) are developed following firm rules to construction: in this case waist, fly and pockets keep the same proportions in all the 3 pants; what changes are the bearing cuts/construction seams which get moved to achieve the different volumes. In this case, the charachteristic of the L pant is that the seams are only on the sides (the front, as well as the back, is made of one big panel with no center seam) to get an expanded silhouette.

Comment

• jevna
                          • Aug 2007

2011 - in'es'terno photos

women's 2011 - in'es'terno

Last edited by jevna; 01-12-2011, 01:08 AM.

Comment

• jevna
                            • Aug 2007

More photos at www.marvielab.com
                            Last edited by jevna; 01-12-2011, 01:12 AM.

Comment

• modern77
                              • Oct 2006

Really like the women's collection, especially the third image. Looks comfortable to wear as well. The blazers are sharp.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                                • Oct 2010

Fantastic Marvielab!

This is a fine collection for women, and I am looking forward to wearing suits. The size and positioning of the lapels are so modern. I love the minimalism and "cleanliness" of the blazer pockets.

Fantastic work.

Congrats,

Tien-Ann
                                "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                                It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                                My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎